Kim

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
25-04-2012, 06:34 AM
RE: Kim
(24-04-2012 01:18 PM)Erxomai Wrote:  I hate when that happens.
Speaking of smoking: I believe in Spontaneous Human Combustion because I heard about it when I was a kid from Fran Tarkenton and Cathy Lee Crosby on THAT'S INCREDIBLE!
http://www.project80s.com/television/tel...Incredible
Yeah, we need a don't like button. Consider

[Image: klingon_zps7e68578a.jpg]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
25-04-2012, 09:16 AM
(25-04-2012 06:34 AM)houseofcantor Wrote:  
(24-04-2012 01:18 PM)Erxomai Wrote:  I hate when that happens.
Speaking of smoking: I believe in Spontaneous Human Combustion because I heard about it when I was a kid from Fran Tarkenton and Cathy Lee Crosby on THAT'S INCREDIBLE!
http://www.project80s.com/television/tel...Incredible
Yeah, we need a don't like button. Consider

What? You're not down with That's Incredible?
Pfff. Kids these days.

It was just a fucking apple man, we're sorry okay? Please stop the madness Laugh out load
~Izel
Find all posts by this user
25-04-2012, 05:08 PM
(25-04-2012 09:16 AM)Erxomai Wrote:  What? You're not down with That's Incredible?

I'm not down with remembering that I used to think that show was cool. It wasn't.

[+] 2 users Like houseofcantor's post
25-04-2012, 05:28 PM
(25-04-2012 05:08 PM)houseofcantor Wrote:  
(25-04-2012 09:16 AM)Erxomai Wrote:  What? You're not down with That's Incredible?

I'm not down with remembering that I used to think that show was cool. It wasn't.
Now THAT is a sentiment I can relate to.

It was just a fucking apple man, we're sorry okay? Please stop the madness Laugh out load
~Izel
26-04-2012, 12:18 AM
(25-04-2012 05:28 PM)Erxomai Wrote:  
(25-04-2012 05:08 PM)houseofcantor Wrote:  I'm not down with remembering that I used to think that show was cool. It wasn't.
Now THAT is a sentiment I can relate to.
Yep - me too.
I remember just loving those really cheap-shit tamales that come in a big can at the grocery store when I was a kid. As an adult, I used to try to relive that love about once every couple of years. It never worked; they are positively wretched and I always ended up wanting to puke ...well... after eating almost the whole can. Dodgy
I've since given up on trying to relive that dream of childhood perfection.

A new type of thinking is essential if mankind is to survive and move to higher levels. ~ Albert Einstein
[+] 2 users Like kim's post
26-04-2012, 03:48 AM
(26-04-2012 12:18 AM)kim Wrote:  
(25-04-2012 05:28 PM)Erxomai Wrote:  Now THAT is a sentiment I can relate to.
Yep - me too.
I remember just loving those really cheap-shit tamales that come in a big can at the grocery store when I was a kid. As an adult, I used to try to relive that love about once every couple of years. It never worked; they are positively wretched and I always ended up wanting to puke ...well... after eating almost the whole can. Dodgy

This is hilarious since just recently I got sick doing the same thing. I remembered tamales being so good at one time. I wonder what happened.

"Mankind must put an end to war, or war will put an end to mankind." -John F Kennedy

The way to see by Faith is to shut the eye of Reason.” -Benjamin Franklin

It has been a long time. How have you been?
[+] 1 user Likes ShirubaDangan's post
26-04-2012, 11:58 AM
(26-04-2012 12:18 AM)kim Wrote:  
(25-04-2012 05:28 PM)Erxomai Wrote:  Now THAT is a sentiment I can relate to.
Yep - me too.
That sounds really gross. Are Mexicans not allowed in Kansas that can make them fresh? I don't care much for corn meal, so I've never been a big tamale fan, but you get yourself a home-made tamale and they can be quite tasty! Damn, now I miss living in Southern California. Drooling

But speaking of childhood tastes that can't be replicated...Just about anything from Hostess is that way...Twinkies, Ding Dongs, Cupcakes...every once in a while I'll get a hankering for a favorite snack from childhood. Twinkies in particular are much more disappointing as an adult. Sad

~Izel
26-04-2012, 12:10 PM
(26-04-2012 11:58 AM)Erxomai Wrote:  Twinkies in particular are much more disappointing as an adult. Sad

Solution: Zingers. Keep me away from them things. Wink

[+] 1 user Likes houseofcantor's post
26-04-2012, 12:17 PM
(26-04-2012 12:10 PM)houseofcantor Wrote:  
(26-04-2012 11:58 AM)Erxomai Wrote:  Twinkies in particular are much more disappointing as an adult. Sad

Solution: Zingers. Keep me away from them things. Wink
That's one I haven't had for a while.

Keep me away from just about every Little Debbie snack...
[Image: swiss1.gif]

~Izel
26-04-2012, 02:49 PM
(26-04-2012 12:17 PM)Erxomai Wrote:  
(26-04-2012 12:10 PM)houseofcantor Wrote:  Solution: Zingers. Keep me away from them things. Wink
That's one I haven't had for a while.

Keep me away from just about every Little Debbie snack...
[Image: swiss1.gif]
Oh oh... somebody said the magic word... Zingers. Guess where I live.... go on... guess.
Yes, I live in the one Kansas town which hosts 2 meat processing plants, 3 pet food processing plants... and just guess what one of our other industries is...

Yep - Interstate Brands; the makers of ZINGERS and all that other shit that used to be called Dolly Madison. For many years the smells of dog food and slaughter house rendering, would fight it out with the sickeningly sweet smell of Dolly.
I never got into eating any of that stuff when I was a kid. We really didn't snack between meals or regularly have soda pop and candy. I suppose it's no wonder that I can literally taste the preservatives in that crap now... just like the tamales...
(26-04-2012 12:17 PM)Erxomai Wrote:  That sounds really gross. Are Mexicans not allowed in Kansas that can make them fresh? I don't care much for corn meal, so I've never been a big tamale fan, but you get yourself a home-made tamale and they can be quite tasty!
Ha - sure we have Mexicans - tons, in fact!! But when I was a kid, it had to be "store-bought" or it just was not cool. Thankfully, my horizons have widened. Wink

Reminds me of earlier this year; a neighbor of my Mother's brought her some home made tamales - I pulled out all the meat and went to town on the cornmeal and chilies - OH BABY!!
Drooling

A new type of thinking is essential if mankind is to survive and move to higher levels. ~ Albert Einstein
[+] 1 user Likes kim's post