Kind of a strange loss.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
21-09-2012, 02:10 PM
RE: Kind of a strange loss.
... Been thinking about this thread all day. Someone... a part of you... like you said. Weird. These are the moments all I want is a mountain and a tent... Love - Dog.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 4 users Like morondog's post
12-11-2012, 02:37 PM
(21-09-2012 10:02 AM)Anjele Wrote:  It's really kind of neutral at this point. The time for ill-will is long past. But, we were so linked for so long that I can't deny the part he played in my life...good, bad, or indifferent.
There are many memories, some very good, some very bad. It just is.
There are people I haven't had contact with in years, tracking me down to tell me of his death...that's how strongly people associated one of us with the other. It's almost unnerving.

I know EXACTLY what you were talking about and it IS unnerving!
Since his death Tuesday of last week, I have been contacted out of the blue by friends of my first love. Like you Anje - I also have not seen many of these people in years and haven't seen my old love for at least 5 years - and there wasn't much to say.

I kind of want to go to his service but I'm also debating it. I'm kind of all cried out for him. For me, it would just be to hang out and get stoned with old friends. We're all atheists so my debate isn't religious. If anything my debate would be more like a, "Do I want to become re-acquainted with that part of my life again?" or even address it at all, kind of thing.

Did you attend a service of any kind for your old love, Anje? If so, how did it go? If not, were you bombarded with questions as to why?

It is indeed a strange loss. Shy

A new type of thinking is essential if mankind is to survive and move to higher levels. ~ Albert Einstein
12-11-2012, 03:41 PM
(12-11-2012 02:37 PM)kim Wrote:  
(21-09-2012 10:02 AM)Anjele Wrote:  It's really kind of neutral at this point. The time for ill-will is long past. But, we were so linked for so long that I can't deny the part he played in my life...good, bad, or indifferent.
There are many memories, some very good, some very bad. It just is.
There are people I haven't had contact with in years, tracking me down to tell me of his death...that's how strongly people associated one of us with the other. It's almost unnerving.

I know EXACTLY what you were talking about and it IS unnerving!
Since his death Tuesday of last week, I have been contacted out of the blue by friends of my first love. Like you Anje - I also have not seen many of these people in years and haven't seen my old love for at least 5 years - and there wasn't much to say.

I kind of want to go to his service but I'm also debating it. I'm kind of all cried out for him. For me, it would just be to hang out and get stoned with old friends. We're all atheists so my debate isn't religious. If anything my debate would be more like a, "Do I want to become re-acquainted with that part of my life again?" or even address it at all, kind of thing.

Did you attend a service of any kind for your old love, Anje? If so, how did it go? If not, were you bombarded with questions as to why?

I think you should go. It's like the final chapter, I think it would give you better closure. Plus, it might be fun hanging some with old friends.

[Image: dobie.png]

Science is the process we've designed to be responsible for generating our best guess as to what the fuck is going on. Girly Man
[+] 1 user Likes Dom's post
12-11-2012, 03:43 PM
(12-11-2012 03:41 PM)Dom Wrote:  
(12-11-2012 02:37 PM)kim Wrote:  I know EXACTLY what you were talking about and it IS unnerving!

I think you should go. It's like the final chapter, I think it would give you better closure. Plus, it might be fun hanging some with old friends.

Especially if you can score some weed!
I remember the best funeral I ever went to was followed by "consoling" a sad, attractive woman for the night. Angel

It was just a fucking apple man, we're sorry okay? Please stop the madness Laugh out load
~Izel
[+] 1 user Likes Erxomai's post
12-11-2012, 04:23 PM
I am kind of leaning toward going. For me, that relationship died many years ago but many people hung on to something that never really was. Maybe it will finally be closure for them on our relationship - which would be a relief. But then, there might be a few who might wonder what the hell I'm doing there, since I never kept in touch and wasn't around for his death. Thing is; I knew he didn't want me there since we discussed it when we last saw each other. He had a disease so we all had a familiarity with his death.

The real strange thing for me is... I feel (possibly always felt) closer to this guy than I do to my ex-husband. I probably won't go to my ex-husband's funeral and I can say that right now in a very definite way. I don't think I ever thought about not going to my old lover's send off ... until now.

I think I've just talked myself into going. Shy

Ha - Erx! I think "consoling the sad" seems to be a common result of what constitutes a good funeral. And yes, these guys are liable to have the best weed around. I have no doubt it will be a more than interesting party. Wish he would have died earlier in the year - would have loved a last road trip with these guys. Shit... I just realized; this is my "Big Chill". Undecided

A new type of thinking is essential if mankind is to survive and move to higher levels. ~ Albert Einstein
[+] 1 user Likes kim's post
12-11-2012, 04:27 PM
(12-11-2012 04:23 PM)kim Wrote:  Shit... I just realized; this is my "Big Chill". Undecided
Oh! Yes! You can fuck Kevin Kline!
Break out the music and get going!

It was just a fucking apple man, we're sorry okay? Please stop the madness Laugh out load
~Izel
[+] 1 user Likes Erxomai's post