Kindness mistaken for Christianity

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
08-08-2017, 08:16 AM
RE: Kindness mistaken for Christianity
If they say god bless you (or some such piffle) I have taken to saying; no, this is between you and me. They usually just look confused. Drinking Beverage

" Generally speaking, the errors in religion are dangerous; those in philosophy only ridiculous."
David Hume
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
08-08-2017, 11:23 AM
(08-08-2017 08:16 AM)KidCharlemagne1962 Wrote:  If they say god bless you (or some such piffle) I have taken to saying; no, this is between you and me. They usually just look confused. Drinking Beverage

Similarly "Thank God!" doesn't give credit where credit is due.

Hobo
08-08-2017, 02:39 PM
(07-08-2017 02:55 PM)TurkeyBurner Wrote:  TL;DR:
I gave a homeless guy money and as a result he assumed I was a christian. When I told him I was an atheist, he nearly shat his britches.
But he didn't give the money back, I bet. Wink

I help out street people whenever I can. There was a time in my life when I came pretty close to being one myself, so I understand that there are a lot of ways one can end up there. If one judges me a "Christian" for being charitable, so be it; no skin off my nose. People who don't know me have assumed I'm a lot of things that I'm not. Human beings have evolutionary wiring that makes us judge others, however erroneously, sometimes, on very limited information.

And a guy bumming change on a street corner has more pressing issues to deal with than worrying about what my religious or political philosophies might be.

--
Dr H

"So, I became an anarchist, and all I got was this lousy T-shirt."
[+] 1 user Likes Dr H's post