Kinect (and it's games) is still an unresponsive and poorly designed piece of crap

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
19-12-2013, 02:13 AM (This post was last modified: 19-12-2013 02:17 AM by ELK12695.)
Kinect (and it's games) is still an unresponsive and poorly designed piece of crap
Here's a video to give you an idea of how the previous kinect failed:

And this is how much that has changed:

So much for Kinect 2.0; when even your gimmick material starts failing you have a fucking problem.

[Image: 9f6.gif]
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 2 users Like ELK12695's post
19-12-2013, 02:29 AM
RE: Kinect (and it's games) is still an unresponsive and poorly designed piece of crap
I think the entire Kinect concept of capturing a person's motion using a camera is technologically outdated and ineffective. You can't fix something that is inherently broken.

Motion capturing suits are the way to go. Smile

[Image: motion_capture_by_tigermyuou-d32m9tt.jpg]

[Image: 7oDSbD4.gif]
[+] 2 users Like Vosur's post
19-12-2013, 03:19 AM
RE: Kinect (and it's games) is still an unresponsive and poorly designed piece of crap
It would have been much better if they had just built the XBone with a microphone inside the case rather than rely on that damn thing. Voice control is all people really use it for anyways. I see why people like playing those games, but it was a HUGE mistake to make it mandatory.

"Good news, everyone!"
-Cody
19-12-2013, 04:54 AM
(19-12-2013 02:29 AM)Vosur Wrote:  Motion capturing suits are the way to go. Smile

Unfortunately that technology requires not only the aforementioned suit, but a large unobstructed space and about a dozen cameras tracking you from all angles.

[Image: flex13MocapVolume.png]

[Image: GrumpyCat_01.gif]
19-12-2013, 05:06 AM
RE:
(19-12-2013 04:54 AM)EvolutionKills Wrote:  Unfortunately that technology requires not only the aforementioned suit, but a large unobstructed space and about a dozen cameras tracking you from all angles.
I thought it was obvious that the reason why it isn't used in game development right now is because it's not yet consumer-friendly. Consider

[Image: 7oDSbD4.gif]
19-12-2013, 03:49 PM
Good old Angry Joe...

Watch his review of Steel Battalion: Heavy Armor... Shows just what a useless pile of shit the Kinect is.

[img]

via GIPHY

[/img]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes Sam's post
19-12-2013, 03:54 PM
And here it is...

[img]

via GIPHY

[/img]
19-12-2013, 03:54 PM
(19-12-2013 03:49 PM)Paranoidsam Wrote:  Good old Angry Joe...

Watch his review of Steel Battalion: Heavy Armor... Shows just what a useless pile of shit the Kinect is.

Yeah, man. I completely forgot about that one, If there was one game that would have been awesome if the Kinect acually worked as promised, it would be that one. Too bad it went to shit like the rest.

[Image: 9f6.gif]
19-12-2013, 04:02 PM
(19-12-2013 03:54 PM)ELK12695 Wrote:  
(19-12-2013 03:49 PM)Paranoidsam Wrote:  Good old Angry Joe...

Yeah, man. I completely forgot about that one, If there was one game that would have been awesome if the Kinect acually worked as promised, it would be that one. Too bad it went to shit like the rest.

Yeah, could have been an amazing game... Even if it had just been mapped for the standard Xbox controller.

You have to wonder who took the decision to make it a kinect only game.

[img]

via GIPHY

[/img]
23-12-2013, 06:57 AM
This is where motion tracking is at, im on the kick starter because of its usefulness with the Oculus.
I currently have the razor hydra controllers, super funny with surgeon simulator, but are too inaccurate for useful body awareness.

Theism is to believe what other people claim, Atheism is to ask "why should I".