Kinect (and it's games) is still an unresponsive and poorly designed piece of crap

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
23-12-2013, 08:35 AM
RE: Kinect (and it's games) is still an unresponsive and poorly designed piece of crap
I think whilst the kinect is cumbersome and useless to older gamers the technology that they are using and gathering information from is what is going to create some mad technology/innovations in the future.

I think we have the graphics just about clocked as realistic in about 20-30 years time and I think this is where we (and the market) will need new ways of the consumer to interact with the game.

Kids in 20 years time will say "Did you really use a control pad?" as they place their headset on that reads their brainwaves. Confused

For no matter how much I use these symbols, to describe symptoms of my existence.
You are your own emphasis.
So I say nothing.

-Bemore.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
23-12-2013, 08:43 AM
RE: Kinect (and it's games) is still an unresponsive and poorly designed piece of crap
WTF do you care, ELK? I was thinking you a PC gamer. Consider

But I do agree in principle that Kinect is crapola. Never felt the need to buy one for the 360 and it's probably the single greatest factor leaning me towards the PS4 for my next console.

[Image: klingon_zps7e68578a.jpg]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
23-12-2013, 11:20 AM (This post was last modified: 23-12-2013 11:27 AM by ELK12695.)
(23-12-2013 08:43 AM)houseofcantor Wrote:  WTF do you care, ELK? I was thinking you a PC gamer. Consider

I am, but I'm still allowed to look at what Microsoft is doing and say "Wow, can't believe they sold that. And when the first Kinect came out I was still very much of a console user.

I still advise everyone to drop the console gimmick and go for a PC. It's bullcrap that all custom or pre-bulit computers will cost you an arm and a leg, you just need a crash course in knowing what you need or help from a friend, and you'll save money in the long run since games are a lot cheaper; nevermind the fact that you can download cracked games if you want to.

[Image: 9f6.gif]
23-12-2013, 11:29 AM
Hate to sound all hipster and shit, but I've totally been saying this from day 1. Right from the days of the ps2 camera thing (remember that?).
I knew these camera things would suck dick and I knew developers would force their product upon us and I knew that it would suck dick some more (repeat for emphasis of how much dick it sucks).

But did anyone believe me? nooooo... "Oh Muffs, you so silly, this will revolutionize the way we play games!" "ahh no it wont, we'll still be using controllers and the camera thing will be nothing more than a waste of money gimmick that's half broken on the majority of games it's used for and of which I might add will be used for the most pointless, needless shit ever like menu selection".

It's EXACTLY like voice recognition. Such a pointless, useless, needless, always broken, waste of money feature that sounds okay on paper, but is implemented in the most retarded way possible. The only decent thing about voice recognition is in GPS's when you're driving and you're too fucking stupid to selection your destination BEFORE you start to drive.

They should do away with it all together, it's a waste of money and doesn't add anything of value to games.

[Image: 3cdac7eec8f6b059070d9df56f50a7ae.jpg]
Now with 40% more awesome.
[+] 1 user Likes earmuffs's post
23-12-2013, 03:58 PM
(23-12-2013 11:29 AM)earmuffs Wrote:  Hate to sound all hipster and shit, but I've totally been saying this from day 1. Right from the days of the ps2 camera thing (remember that?).
I knew these camera things would suck dick and I knew developers would force their product upon us and I knew that it would suck dick some more (repeat for emphasis of how much dick it sucks).

But did anyone believe me? nooooo... "Oh Muffs, you so silly, this will revolutionize the way we play games!" "ahh no it wont, we'll still be using controllers and the camera thing will be nothing more than a waste of money gimmick that's half broken on the majority of games it's used for and of which I might add will be used for the most pointless, needless shit ever like menu selection".

It's EXACTLY like voice recognition. Such a pointless, useless, needless, always broken, waste of money feature that sounds okay on paper, but is implemented in the most retarded way possible. The only decent thing about voice recognition is in GPS's when you're driving and you're too fucking stupid to selection your destination BEFORE you start to drive.

They should do away with it all together, it's a waste of money and doesn't add anything of value to games.

I beg to differ about the voice recognition. That really has come a long way. I'm not talking about the apps. I'm talking about the cloud services like Google and Siri.

They are pretty amazing. They can understand most things even in a noisy environment. They do not require training before hand and understand many voices and accents. You can speak normally and they just understand.

“Forget Jesus, the stars died so you could be born.” - Lawrence M. Krauss
23-12-2013, 06:50 PM
Your missing the evolutionary aspect Muffs,the positive kinect , wii and move dna will seed into new tech, without those stumbling retard children the risk take for other innovations would be insurmountable.

VR is not a pipe dream any more, get to your next Pax/supanovs/gamescon/comicon etc.and try the oculus rift, you'll see that the pad controller is an immersion killer. And once they get the resolution and motion sickness sorted with the oculus you will not want to play any game without one.

Theism is to believe what other people claim, Atheism is to ask "why should I".
[+] 1 user Likes sporehux's post