King David, King Solomon and Egytpian Exodus.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
20-09-2013, 01:39 AM
King David, King Solomon and Egytpian Exodus.
So far there is no evidence found to show that a mass exodus took place as depicted in old school religious texts.

So far there is no evidence of a jewish "kingdom" either.

What are your thoughts on this?
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
20-09-2013, 02:11 AM
RE: King David, King Solomon and Egytpian Exodus.
(20-09-2013 01:39 AM)I and I Wrote:  So far there is no evidence found to show that a mass exodus took place as depicted in old school religious texts.

Second part is untrue there is plenty of evidence for a jewish kingdom just later than stated and never a major power. It was usually a vassal state to Babylon or Egypt. Isra-EL in the north was a prosperous state that was wiped out by Babylon and it's accomplishments were then usurped by the lower kingdom of Judah which never really did much except boast of how great they were.

(31-07-2014 04:37 PM)Luminon Wrote:  America is full of guns, but they're useless, because nobody has the courage to shoot an IRS agent in self-defense

[Image: Hitchhikersguide_zps7678fbae.jpg]
[+] 2 users Like Revenant77x's post
20-09-2013, 03:14 AM
(20-09-2013 02:11 AM)Revenant77x Wrote:  
(20-09-2013 01:39 AM)I and I Wrote:  So far there is no evidence found to show that a mass exodus took place as depicted in old school religious texts.

Second part is untrue there is plenty of evidence for a jewish kingdom just later than stated and never a major power. It was usually a vassal state to Babylon or Egypt. Isra-EL in the north was a prosperous state that was wiped out by Babylon and it's accomplishments were then usurped by the lower kingdom of Judah which never really did much except boast of how great they were.

So this jewish kingdom was a colony? not much of a "kingdom" is it?
20-09-2013, 03:19 AM
(20-09-2013 03:14 AM)I and I Wrote:  
(20-09-2013 02:11 AM)Revenant77x Wrote:  Second part is untrue there is plenty of evidence for a jewish kingdom just later than stated and never a major power. It was usually a vassal state to Babylon or Egypt. Isra-EL in the north was a prosperous state that was wiped out by Babylon and it's accomplishments were then usurped by the lower kingdom of Judah which never really did much except boast of how great they were.

So this jewish kingdom was a colony? not much of a "kingdom" is it?

Minor player at best on the world scene only reason it has any relevance is the cult that grew out of it's tribal traditions. It had a few periods of self government between being conquered but it never really managed to do anything.

(31-07-2014 04:37 PM)Luminon Wrote:  America is full of guns, but they're useless, because nobody has the courage to shoot an IRS agent in self-defense

[Image: Hitchhikersguide_zps7678fbae.jpg]
20-09-2013, 03:50 AM
So calling it a kingdom is an exaggeration.

this jewish colony according to history wasn't even a unified jewish culture. It was comprised of jewish sects that differed from each other in religious practices and beliefs.
20-09-2013, 05:25 AM
So you needed TWO thread to ask the same inane question ?
Do you have Dementia ?

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein Certified Ancient Astronaut Theorist
Political skeptic .. if there is a bad reason something bad might have happened, you can bet your ass, that's why it happened.
[+] 1 user Likes Bucky Ball's post
20-09-2013, 05:57 AM
(20-09-2013 03:50 AM)I and I Wrote:  So calling it a kingdom is an exaggeration.

this jewish colony according to history wasn't even a unified jewish culture. It was comprised of jewish sects that differed from each other in religious practices and beliefs.

Actually, not a colony...

A colony is a territory immediately controlled politically by a State outside States home territory, usually in the form of a settlement normally settled by people from the Home State.

To my knowledge, the Jewish kingdoms were independent nations at one point, though they were frequently occupied by other nations and empires (for instance the Kingdom of Israel was destroyed in 722 BCE when Assyria invaded and took over and from what I can see, the southern Kingdom of Judah lasted until 597 BCE once Nebuchadnezzar, ruler of the Babylonian Empire invaded and took Jerusalem for the first time).

A single action is worth more than the words it takes to describe it.
[+] 1 user Likes Free Thought's post
20-09-2013, 06:05 AM
(20-09-2013 05:57 AM)Free Thought Wrote:  
(20-09-2013 03:50 AM)I and I Wrote:  So calling it a kingdom is an exaggeration.

Actually, not a colony...

A colony is a territory immediately controlled politically by a State outside States home territory, usually in the form of a settlement normally settled by people from the Home State.

To my knowledge, the Jewish kingdoms were independent nations at one point, though they were frequently occupied by other nations and empires (for instance the Kingdom of Israel was destroyed in 722 BCE when Assyria invaded and took over and from what I can see, the southern Kingdom of Judah lasted until 597 BCE once Nebuchadnezzar, ruler of the Babylonian Empire invaded and took Jerusalem for the first time).

yeah thats cool, now only if there were evidence of this jewish kingdom mentioned in the bible. Drinking Beverage
20-09-2013, 06:20 AM
(20-09-2013 06:05 AM)I and I Wrote:  
(20-09-2013 05:57 AM)Free Thought Wrote:  Actually, not a colony...

yeah thats cool, now only if there were evidence of this jewish kingdom mentioned in the bible. Drinking Beverage

Far as I can tell, the Kingdoms mentioned in the Bible existed, but in name only.
In the Bible, they were portrayed as mighty Kingdoms which was, evidently not to case.
In reality it seems, the Kingdoms weren't much better than tribes with a headman with little other forms of unification in either of the two Kingdoms.

A single action is worth more than the words it takes to describe it.
20-09-2013, 07:32 AM
(20-09-2013 06:05 AM)I and I Wrote:  
(20-09-2013 05:57 AM)Free Thought Wrote:  To my knowledge, the Jewish kingdoms were independent nations at one point, though they were frequently occupied by other nations and empires (for instance the Kingdom of Israel was destroyed in 722 BCE when Assyria invaded and took over and from what I can see, the southern Kingdom of Judah lasted until 597 BCE once Nebuchadnezzar, ruler of the Babylonian Empire invaded and took Jerusalem for the first time).

There's no point being angry at someone for disagreeing with your argument when you haven't made the argument. What you actually wanted to say in the OP was "I hate jews, and I think they're a completely modern invention that didn't exist in Biblical times, therefore the state of Israel should be destroyed.". You asked questions. You received straightforward apparently factual information in response. You presented no position of your own, nor did you present any counterargument. Your response was to sulk. If you care about expressing yourself, perhaps you should do so clearly. Present your arguments and listen and respond to counter-arguments.

Give me your argument in the form of a published paper, and then we can start to talk.
[+] 9 users Like Hafnof's post