King David, King Solomon and Egytpian Exodus.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
20-09-2013, 08:26 AM
RE: King David, King Solomon and Egytpian Exodus.
(20-09-2013 06:20 AM)Free Thought Wrote:  Far as I can tell, the Kingdoms mentioned in the Bible existed, but in name only.
In the Bible, they were portrayed as mighty Kingdoms which was, evidently not to case.
In reality it seems, the Kingdoms weren't much better than tribes with a headman with little other forms of unification in either of the two Kingdoms.

That's somewhat typical small town behavior. The local "authority" often has an inflated sense of self and this usually leaks into legend.

Another case in point; Dodge City.
Many have heard of this legendary wild west town, often depicted in books and film as a bustling city on the verge of becoming a metropolis while still on the edge of civilization.
[Image: frontst1879.jpg]
Ever go there? It's a piece of shit which looks even crappier than most shitty small towns in Kansas. Even it's tourist attraction is a rebuilt fakery; it's buildings are smaller scale than the originals, torn down long ago. But... gotta keep the legend going.
[Image: DodgeCity-DA-0504.jpg]
Although, I don't know why; the only people who ever go there are desperate for a job... they are there to work in one of the numerous slaughter houses which comprise the surrounding landscape.
[Image: Dodge_City_Meat.jpg]
Dodge - population: around 25,000... mostly all from somewhere else.

I think in the end, I just feel like I'm a secular person who has a skeptical eye toward any extraordinary claim, carefully examining any extraordinary evidence before jumping to conclusions. ~ Eric ~ My friend ... who figured it out.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
20-09-2013, 08:43 AM
(20-09-2013 07:32 AM)Hafnof Wrote:  
(20-09-2013 06:05 AM)I and I Wrote:  yeah thats cool, now only if there were evidence of this jewish kingdom mentioned in the bible. Drinking Beverage

There's no point being angry at someone for disagreeing with your argument when you haven't made the argument. What you actually wanted to say in the OP was "I hate jews, and I think they're a completely modern invention that didn't exist in Biblical times, therefore the state of Israel should be destroyed.". You asked questions. You received straightforward apparently factual information in response. You presented no position of your own, nor did you present any counterargument. Your response was to sulk. If you care about expressing yourself, perhaps you should do so clearly. Present your arguments and listen and respond to counter-arguments.

So you disagree with my statements that there is no evidence for a jewish kingdom (as mentioned in the bible) and there is no evidence for a mass exodus from egypt (as mentioned in the bible?. Feel free to provide evidence for these if you disagree with my statement.

And, now Hafnof disappears from the thread.
20-09-2013, 08:54 AM
(20-09-2013 08:43 AM)I and I Wrote:  
(20-09-2013 07:32 AM)Hafnof Wrote:  There's no point being angry at someone for disagreeing with your argument when you haven't made the argument. What you actually wanted to say in the OP was "I hate jews, and I think they're a completely modern invention that didn't exist in Biblical times, therefore the state of Israel should be destroyed.". You asked questions. You received straightforward apparently factual information in response. You presented no position of your own, nor did you present any counterargument. Your response was to sulk. If you care about expressing yourself, perhaps you should do so clearly. Present your arguments and listen and respond to counter-arguments.

So you disagree with my statements that there is no evidence for a jewish kingdom (as mentioned in the bible) and there is no evidence for a mass exodus from egypt (as mentioned in the bible?. Feel free to provide evidence for these if you disagree with my statement.

But nobody has stipulated that that either the Egyptian Exodus happened or that the Jewish Kingdoms existed as per the Bible.
I myself stated plainly that the Jewish Kingdoms in the Bible were overplayed and were not at all as they were portrayed in reality.

It seems to me that Hafnof was responding to your apparent non-position in regards to your own topic.

The people closely associated with the namesake of female canines are suffering from a nondescript form of lunacy.[/align]
[+] 1 user Likes Free Thought's post
20-09-2013, 08:55 AM
(20-09-2013 08:26 AM)kim Wrote:  Dodge City.

It's not just a clever name......Drinking Beverage

But now I have come to believe that the whole world is an enigma, a harmless enigma that is made terrible by our own mad attempt to interpret it as though it had an underlying truth.

~ Umberto Eco
[+] 1 user Likes evenheathen's post
20-09-2013, 09:01 AM
(20-09-2013 08:54 AM)Free Thought Wrote:  
(20-09-2013 08:43 AM)I and I Wrote:  So you disagree with my statements that there is no evidence for a jewish kingdom (as mentioned in the bible) and there is no evidence for a mass exodus from egypt (as mentioned in the bible?. Feel free to provide evidence for these if you disagree with my statement.

But nobody has stipulated that that either the Egyptian Exodus happened or that the Jewish Kingdoms existed as per the Bible.
I myself stated plainly that the Jewish Kingdoms in the Bible were overplayed and were not at all as they were portrayed in reality.

It seems to me that Hafnof was responding to your apparent non-position in regards to your own topic.

I stated my position in the op. Hafnof had to attempt to derail the thread and doesn't want to discuss the topic. I wonder why he will not respond to the topic?
20-09-2013, 09:42 AM
(20-09-2013 09:01 AM)I and I Wrote:  Hafnof had to attempt to derail the thread and doesn't want to discuss the topic. I wonder why he will not respond to the topic?

He's offline.
Also, one particular thread is no more important than any other and frankly, your "topic" isn't all that whippy.

You're a bore; who cares? Drinking Beverage

I think in the end, I just feel like I'm a secular person who has a skeptical eye toward any extraordinary claim, carefully examining any extraordinary evidence before jumping to conclusions. ~ Eric ~ My friend ... who figured it out.
[+] 1 user Likes kim's post
20-09-2013, 02:42 PM
It's amazing how in a self proclaimed atheist drum, questioning judasism is taboo.

I don't believe in jew flying gods......well I must be racist.
20-09-2013, 03:01 PM
(20-09-2013 02:42 PM)I and I Wrote:  It's amazing how in a self proclaimed atheist drum, questioning judasism is taboo.

Another fabulously fatuous non sequitur from our beloved I and I.

It's 'cause 'a your mad conflation, see, bro? The exodus is one thing. Historical Judah and Samaria are another. Independent things, innit? Y'get it? Not connected? Bro?

... this is my signature!
[+] 1 user Likes cjlr's post
20-09-2013, 03:50 PM
(20-09-2013 03:01 PM)cjlr Wrote:  
(20-09-2013 02:42 PM)I and I Wrote:  It's amazing how in a self proclaimed atheist drum, questioning judasism is taboo.

Another fabulously fatuous non sequitur from our beloved I and I.

It's 'cause 'a your mad conflation, see, bro? The exodus is one thing. Historical Judah and Samaria are another. Independent things, innit? Y'get it? Not connected? Bro?

Have you been paying attention to the thread? Hafnof implied that this thread shows I hate jews.

Why in the fuck would an atheist forum have a problem with questioning the made up jew sky gods?

You seem to not know how to read, nobody here disagreed with my statement in the OP. What about you, do you disagree with it?
20-09-2013, 04:06 PM
(20-09-2013 03:50 PM)I and I Wrote:  Have you been paying attention to the thread? Hafnof implied that this thread shows I hate jews.

As it happens, Hafnof referred only to the State of Isreal. Which, as you may know, is not synonymous with Jews.

(20-09-2013 03:50 PM)I and I Wrote:  Why in the fuck would an atheist forum have a problem with questioning the made up jew sky gods?

Can't imagine they would. Let me know if you ever do that, all right?

(20-09-2013 03:50 PM)I and I Wrote:  You seem to not know how to read, nobody here disagreed with my statement in the OP. What about you, do you disagree with it?

Your statement was two statements. Like, literally.

Let's review. Statement 1:
(20-09-2013 01:39 AM)I and I Wrote:  So far there is no evidence found to show that a mass exodus took place as depicted in old school religious texts.

I agree.

Statement 2:
(20-09-2013 01:39 AM)I and I Wrote:  So far there is no evidence of a jewish "kingdom" either.

On that, I happen to disagree.

... this is my signature!
[+] 1 user Likes cjlr's post