King David, King Solomon and Egytpian Exodus.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
02-10-2013, 09:37 AM
RE: King David, King Solomon and Egytpian Exodus.
A colony is not a kingdom in any sense implied by Old Testament accounts.

There is no historical evidence of a kingdom or the Egyptian exodus.

There also is no evidence that the people ruling over Israel are descendants of any ancient peoples in the Middle East, as described by the Old Testament and historians who refer to the Old Testament.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
02-10-2013, 09:40 AM
(02-10-2013 09:37 AM)I and I Wrote:  There is no historical evidence of a kingdom...

Maybe you should read a book.

Thumbsup

(02-10-2013 09:37 AM)I and I Wrote:  There also is no evidence that the people ruling over Israel are descendants of any ancient peoples in the Middle East, as described by the Old Testament and historians who refer to the Old Testament.

Premise: the Old Testament is untrue
Conclusion: Jews don't exist

Nope. Whatever that is, it ain't logic. But keep trying, champ.

... this is my signature!
02-10-2013, 06:12 PM
(02-10-2013 09:40 AM)cjlr Wrote:  
(02-10-2013 09:37 AM)I and I Wrote:  There is no historical evidence of a kingdom...

Maybe you should read a book.

Thumbsup

(02-10-2013 09:37 AM)I and I Wrote:  There also is no evidence that the people ruling over Israel are descendants of any ancient peoples in the Middle East, as described by the Old Testament and historians who refer to the Old Testament.

making up a premise then associating that premise with someones argument. Nice try.

How dumb does someone have to be to get "jews don't exist" from "the people in Israel are not descendants from any tribe or group that lived in ancient middle east.

In fact the only kingdom of jewish people were a peoples that lived in eastern europe that were converts, they were known as Khazars. These people have no relation to the ancient biblical jews. The khazars empire was then owned and pimp slapped by Ghengis Khan.

The people referred to in biblical times as jews do not exist as a cohesive group of people with distinct middle eastern customs culture or language. Yes thats right, the language spoken by Israelis is not even the language spoken by any large group of people in biblical times. Aramaic was the common language of the middle east. Hebrew was not a common language in any major city during biblical times.
02-10-2013, 06:23 PM
(02-10-2013 06:12 PM)I and I Wrote:  
(02-10-2013 09:40 AM)cjlr Wrote:  Maybe you should read a book.

Thumbsup

making up a premise then associating that premise with someones argument. Nice try.

How dumb does someone have to be to get "jews don't exist" from "the people in Israel are not descendants from any tribe or group that lived in ancient middle east.

In fact the only kingdom of jewish people were a peoples that lived in eastern europe that were converts, they were known as Khazars. These people have no relation to the ancient biblical jews. The khazars empire was then owned and pimp slapped by Ghengis Khan.

The people referred to in biblical times as jews do not exist as a cohesive group of people with distinct middle eastern customs culture or language. Yes thats right, the language spoken by Israelis is not even the language spoken by any large group of people in biblical times. Aramaic was the common language of the middle east. Hebrew was not a common language in any major city during biblical times.

"A modern theory, that the core of Ashkenazi Jewry emerged from a hypothetical Khazarian Jewish diaspora, is generally, but not always, treated with scepticism, and the idea has been occasionally associated with antisemitism and anti-Zionism."

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
02-10-2013, 07:36 PM
(02-10-2013 06:23 PM)Chas Wrote:  
(02-10-2013 06:12 PM)I and I Wrote:  making up a premise then associating that premise with someones argument. Nice try.

"A modern theory, that the core of Ashkenazi Jewry emerged from a hypothetical Khazarian Jewish diaspora, is generally, but not always, treated with scepticism, and the idea has been occasionally associated with antisemitism and anti-Zionism."

Questioning anything that involves Jewish people is generally considered anti-Semitic.

You speak of anti-Zionism as if it's a bad thing?

Being pro-Zionist (fulfilling a prophecy in a religious text). Has never ever ever been associated with atheism.
02-10-2013, 07:42 PM
(02-10-2013 06:23 PM)Chas Wrote:  
(02-10-2013 06:12 PM)I and I Wrote:  making up a premise then associating that premise with someones argument. Nice try.

Chas what do you know about the Khazars? You seem to pass judgement on the idea of a Khazar empire so easily I was wondering if this judgement came from a knowledge about their history or simple stupidity.
02-10-2013, 08:13 PM
(02-10-2013 07:42 PM)I and I Wrote:  
(02-10-2013 06:23 PM)Chas Wrote:  "A modern theory, that the core of Ashkenazi Jewry emerged from a hypothetical Khazarian Jewish diaspora, is generally, but not always, treated with scepticism, and the idea has been occasionally associated with antisemitism and anti-Zionism."

Chas what do you know about the Khazars? You seem to pass judgement on the idea of a Khazar empire so easily I was wondering if this judgement came from a knowledge about their history or simple stupidity.

I do research. Unlike you, I have no agenda other than knowledge.

[+] 2 users Like Chas's post
02-10-2013, 09:44 PM
(02-10-2013 06:12 PM)I and I Wrote:  In fact the only kingdom of jewish people were a peoples that lived in eastern europe that were converts, they were known as Khazars.

The Khazars lived in Circassia. That's not really Eastern Europe.

Also: read a book.

(02-10-2013 06:12 PM)I and I Wrote:  These people have no relation to the ancient biblical jews. The khazars empire was then owned and pimp slapped by Ghengis Khan.

The Khazar state collapsed due to pressure from the Rus in ~1000. That's three hundred years before Ghengis Khan.

History is not really your strong suit, eh?

(02-10-2013 06:12 PM)I and I Wrote:  The people referred to in biblical times as jews do not exist as a cohesive group of people with distinct middle eastern customs culture or language. Yes thats right, the language spoken by Israelis is not even the language spoken by any large group of people in biblical times. Aramaic was the common language of the middle east. Hebrew was not a common language in any major city during biblical times.

Aramaic became a regional language after the bronze age collapse, but it was not anything like a lingua franca until the Achaemenids moved in, hundreds of years later. Some works in the Bible are indeed written in Aramaic, but most are written in Hebrew.

I'm serious. Read a book. You have no idea what you're talking about, and it shows.

Modern Hebrew is a reconstructionist phenomenon, but I fail to what point (if any) you have.

... this is my signature!
02-10-2013, 10:11 PM
geography and history really isn't your strong suit eh?

Map of Khazar empire.

http://www.historytoday.com/nicolas-sote...ish-empire

and history of rise and fall of the Khazar Empire.

http://www.bibliotecapleyades.net/sociop...azar01.htm
02-10-2013, 10:20 PM
(02-10-2013 10:11 PM)I and I Wrote:  geography and history really isn't your strong suit eh?

Map of Khazar empire.

http://www.historytoday.com/nicolas-sote...ish-empire

and history of rise and fall of the Khazar Empire.

http://www.bibliotecapleyades.net/sociop...azar01.htm

"The hypothesis of Khazarian ancestry in Ashkenazi has also been a subject of discussion in the new field of population genetics, wherein claims have been made concerning evidence both for and against it. The general conclusion is that, if traces of descent from Khazars exist in the Ashkenazi gene pool, the contribution would be quite minor or insignificant"

Ostrer, Harry (2012). Legacy: A Genetic History of the Jewish People. Oxford University Press. ISBN 978-0-199-97638-6. Retrieved 12 February 2013.