King Liar For Christ

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
16-11-2014, 10:02 PM
RE: King Liar For Christ
I heard that there is gonna be a debate soon with a single atheist ( forget name ) Going against a team of super apologists. If I remember right, it was gonna be WLC, Frank Turek, Ken Ham, Sye Ten Bruggancate, and Kirk Cameron as a team.

Now wouldn't THAT team piss you off? Tongue

My Youtube channel if anyone is interested.
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCEkRdbq...rLEz-0jEHQ
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
16-11-2014, 10:05 PM
(16-11-2014 09:59 PM)StorMFront Wrote:  
(16-11-2014 09:51 PM)JDog554 Wrote:  Yeah, that's messed up though. He will be gone soon though, he is up there in age.

Pat Robertson has been irrelevant for almost a decade now. The man has made a fool of himself one to many times years ago to be even be mentioned.

Did not do too well with his end of the world predictions.

"If you keep trying to better yourself that's enough for me. We don't decide which hand we are dealt in life, but we make the decision to play it or fold it" - Nishi Karano Kaze
16-11-2014, 11:09 PM (This post was last modified: 17-11-2014 12:49 AM by Free Thought.)
(16-11-2014 07:57 AM)Fodder_From_The_Truth Wrote:  Who is the most annoying Christian apologist and why?

I wont address the 'most annoying' and instead focus on the thread title, if that's all right.

My nominee for the King Liar for Christ is Kent Hovind.

Kent isn't really all that relevant today since he is currently in jail (which I'll get into), but he is still the biggest liar of them all.

Hovind has made his career, his life, on lies. To this day he bills himself as "Dr. Hovind", however, he got his degree from a university well known for being a degree mill; also well known for its dirt road and seeming ability to be put on a truck and moved.

Not only was the degree from which he claims certification as a person of Dr level education a false one, but his dissertation was never published to review as it should have been; and I've listened to the damn thing; it's not fit for a five year old's book report. Thanks to a leak, copies and critiques are all over the place. How does he respond: He has claimed the dissertation is a work in progress and therefore not up for critique, while continuing to claim that he is of Dr calibre: he claims the right to the title while admitting he shouldn't have the title!

To add to his, Hovind often claims to have been a 'science educator' for 15 years; he was. In religious private schools, one of which he started; during this time he was not accredited as a science teacher; best he had was a religious education degree from yet another unaccredited institution.
Of course, his lies about evolution, geography, the age of the Earth and the Bible go without saying, being virtually countless.

The greatest evidence of him being the biggest of the liars and therefore worthy of Kingship is his current incarceration. In 2006, Hovind was charged with 12 counts of failure to pay income and insurance taxes, 45 counts of knowingly staging transactions with federal financial institutions to avoid having to reporting them, 1 count of corruptly attempting to obstruct the administration internal revenue laws, 12 counts of not paying employee taxes and a further 45 counts of evading withdraw reporting requirements. And these counts have been followed up with yet more legal action against him over the following years, most recently being this year for fraud charges.

He also tried to file for bankruptcy and listed only the IRS as his creditors, the dipshit.

Near the end of the trail he tried to lay the burden of his debt to the government on his parishioners, while also telling his son (over the phone) to hide documents so the government wouldn't be able to collect items like his car to pay off the debt.

Hovind was found guilty on every single count: proving that he a liar in every sense and the biggest of them all if for nothing else than the shear scale of his lies: he has lied about his education, his work history, his taxes and income and his title; he has lied about virtually all sciences to children and if he ever gets out will be right back to it you can guarantee.

Creationists lie; there is not an honest one among them, but as per my case, I stipulate that Kent Hovind is the biggest of them all and therefore deserving of the dubious title of King Liar.

[Edit: spelling]

The people closely associated with the namesake of female canines are suffering from a nondescript form of lunacy.
"Anti-environmentalism is like standing in front of a forest and going 'quick kill them they're coming right for us!'" - Jake Farr-Wharton, The Imaginary Friend Show.
[+] 4 users Like Free Thought's post
16-11-2014, 11:40 PM
I'd like to add to my disdain for WLC. He basically started the Kalam Cosmological Argument, which in and of itself is enough reason to despise this charlatan. But this argument is absolutely ridiculous and easily refuted, yet he thinks he invented the wheel and keeps pulling it out despite Sean Carroll and everyone else destroying him. "That which begins to exist ..." How the fuck do you know god always existed and how the fuck do you know the universe hasn't always existed? Dick.

Check out my now-defunct atheism blog. It's just a blog, no ads, no revenue, no gods.
----
Atheism promotes critical thinking; theism promotes hypocritical thinking. -- Me
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
17-11-2014, 01:25 AM
Excellent stuff Free Thought. Thanks for that info on Hovind. I'd heard of him but was unfamiliar.

As for WLC, just hearing him say Kalam Cosmological in his weasely voice makes me want to break his disturbingly creepy fingers.
[+] 1 user Likes Fodder_From_The_Truth's post
17-11-2014, 01:41 AM
(17-11-2014 01:25 AM)Fodder_From_The_Truth Wrote:  Excellent stuff Free Thought. Thanks for that info on Hovind. I'd heard of him but was unfamiliar.

As for WLC, just hearing him say Kalam Cosmological in his weasely voice makes me want to break his disturbingly creepy fingers.

You're welcome, t'was my pleasure.

The people closely associated with the namesake of female canines are suffering from a nondescript form of lunacy.
"Anti-environmentalism is like standing in front of a forest and going 'quick kill them they're coming right for us!'" - Jake Farr-Wharton, The Imaginary Friend Show.
17-11-2014, 01:42 AM
Now how about most annoying?
17-11-2014, 02:00 AM
(17-11-2014 01:42 AM)Fodder_From_The_Truth Wrote:  Now how about most annoying?

I think for most annoying I'll have to go for Ray Comfort. The dude is as slimy as a hagfish and about as honest as a virgin prostitute.
Plus that accent is damn annoying. Of course, it's only natural, given his heritage.

I'd put Sye Ten a close second and Kent a close third.

[+] 1 user Likes Free Thought's post
17-11-2014, 02:31 AM
Just read up on Sye TenB on RationalWiki. Fuck that guy.

I was familiar with his presuppositional bullshit because of dildo, but was unfamiliar with just how big of a squirming little bitch he is.
[+] 3 users Like Fodder_From_The_Truth's post
17-11-2014, 02:35 AM
(17-11-2014 02:31 AM)Fodder_From_The_Truth Wrote:  Just read up on Sye TenB on RationalWiki. Fuck that guy.

I was familiar with his presuppositional bullshit because of dildo, but was unfamiliar with just how big of a squirming little bitch he is.

Ya, he's a full-on weasel.
[+] 1 user Likes pablo's post