King of Kings

Thread Rating:
  • 2 Votes - 1 Average
27-12-2012, 01:08 AM

RE: King of Kings
(26-12-2012 11:31 AM)Rahn127 Wrote:  This is what it's like to have a delusion. It bars you from viewing reality.

I have no delusions. I know the truth.

(26-12-2012 12:30 PM)Vosur Wrote:  If there is a god, there is no reason to be good other than to avoid punishment (Hell). Drinking Beverage

Wrong. The reason to be good, in that case, is that something which you sense is much greater than yourself, something you are utterly attracted to, wants you to do it. My dog doesn't obey me to avoid punishment. My dog obeys me because he feels better about himself when he conforms to my will--because he senses I am a greater being.

Granted. If he doesn't do what I say, I have a rolled up newspaper waiting. But no one wants to go there; not me, not him.

I am a far lower being compared to God than my dog is compared to me. So the principle plays out much more.

I am a black belt in taekwondo. In my school, I'm one of the "hard" people to spar with. Not all, but most people my size, I can beat up. I'm not bragging, it's just a fact (that is, most men have no training in fighting whatsoever). However, I don't do that, not because I would go to prison; I don't do that because I will not treat one of my God's creatures that way. I would be ashamed of myself. To beat up someone, God has let me know, would be to beat Him up.

God has me trained.

You think you can be moral on your own. You can't. You wouldn't be. If you naturally would be kind, you'd be destroyed the minute law broke down in society. Your kind would never evolve in a God-less universe. Moreover, God isn't looking for cowardly dogs for His kennel. He wants vicious would-be killer dogs: pit bulls with an attitude, Dobermans and Rottweilers with anger issues, shepherd dogs that would rip a coyote to pieces, and rat terriers that will dispatch vermin without conscience. That's what he wants, and he wants them to obey his commands.

He is nothing if not a glory hound.

(26-12-2012 12:42 PM)bemore Wrote:  What I dont get dude is with my belief im quite content to let people think what they want, even when they question it because the truth of the matter is I have held many different beliefs throughout my life so what does that say about my current belief today... no matter how much I believe it to be true?

Whats the difference between me and you in our beliefs? Im thinking that maybe you were taught religion growing up and I wasnt. You speak of human purpose to evolve your consciousness (to become Christ) and I think we all evolve our consciousness through the thoughts we have, the choices we make, the things/emotions we feel.... life itself.

Why do you need to feel that you have to push this to some degree. Maybe pushing is the wrong word but insisting that what you are saying is the truth. Where does that come from dude? Is it the religion or is it you?

With respect me and you have allways got on but you are quite nasty to people who question you...again is that you or is that the religion?

I think my own spiritual/consciousness learning comes when I question myself and why I believe the things I do, like when I realised I was racist for no reason other than I had been taught/was copying everyone around me... like how I realised that if I hold just one belief even for a second it shuts me off from every other potential belief.... so with that who am I to judge, I cant even fully describe feelings through different mediums (music, creativity, writing, speaking,sex etc) never mind the universe.

Huh

It just sounds like you know nothing and you don't care. No
Quote this message in a reply
27-12-2012, 01:11 AM

(26-12-2012 04:40 PM)Katiegal Wrote:  It matters if Jesus was a real person if a person wants to actually believe in Jesus. To actually accept Jesus as a "son of god" he has to have actually existed.

Mankind has a longing to know if we are alone in the universe. We scan the skies for signals from other intelligent life. Making fictional movies like Close Encounters is not satisfactory. We need reality.

Well, what if he was real? What difference does it make? You still only know Jesus Christ from the Gospels. That was the intent all along. Your body is not real. The only thing that is real is your consciousness. So, if you want to know Christ, you have to know him in your mind, that's the only "knowing" that matters.
27-12-2012, 01:15 AM

(26-12-2012 06:44 PM)Chas Wrote:  Fuck you, Ed. You are a sorry excuse for a human. Your brain is broken and nonfunctional.

Look at your stupid reputation points. Seriously, if you're that "well-liked" you're not trying hard enough to be an individual. If you have that many friends, you're lying too much to have any real soul. Canada--it figures. Rolleyes
27-12-2012, 01:19 AM

(26-12-2012 11:02 PM)Red Tornado Wrote:  God I don't understand how anyone can really like Christian music.

Well, I for one do not like Christian music. The video I posted would only be recognized by older people. It came from the movie (which came from the play) "Jesus Christ Superstar." Most Christians hated that play/movie.

There is some music...I suppose. Audrey Assad, for one. Check it out. She's a hardcore catholic, but anyone with this kind of talent deserves some credit:

[+] 1 user Likes Egor's post
27-12-2012, 01:28 AM

Hey! I just noticed my rep is back down to zero. Soon I'll be negative. I know it seems anti-social to say, but being a theist who loves Jesus Christ--I feel a lot better when I'm negative in rep. When I'm positive, I just feel God looking at me--with a rolled up newspaper.
27-12-2012, 01:42 AM
(27-12-2012 01:08 AM)Egor Wrote:  Wrong. The reason to be good, in that case, is that something which you sense is much greater than yourself, something you are utterly attracted to, wants you to do it. My dog doesn't obey me to avoid punishment. My dog obeys me because he feels better about himself when he conforms to my will--because he senses I am a greater being.

Granted. If he doesn't do what I say, I have a rolled up newspaper waiting. But no one wants to go there; not me, not him.
It's exactly as I've said, you either do what god wants you to do or he'll throw you into hell forever. You can pretend that there's any other reason for keeping god's commandments all day long, but that's what it ultimately comes down to. Sleepy

[Image: 7oDSbD4.gif]
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes Vosur's post
27-12-2012, 03:57 AM
(27-12-2012 01:08 AM)Egor Wrote:  
(26-12-2012 11:31 AM)Rahn127 Wrote:  This is what it's like to have a delusion. It bars you from viewing reality.

I have no delusions. I know the truth.

(26-12-2012 12:30 PM)Vosur Wrote:  If there is a god, there is no reason to be good other than to avoid punishment (Hell). Drinking Beverage

Wrong. The reason to be good, in that case, is that something which you sense is much greater than yourself, something you are utterly attracted to, wants you to do it. My dog doesn't obey me to avoid punishment. My dog obeys me because he feels better about himself when he conforms to my will--because he senses I am a greater being.

I am a far lower being compared to God than my dog is compared to me. So the principle plays out much more.

I am a black belt in taekwondo. In my school, I'm one of the "hard" people to spar with. Not all, but most people my size, I can beat up. I'm not bragging, it's just a fact (that is, most men have no training in fighting whatsoever). However, I don't do that, not because I would go to prison; I don't do that because I will not treat one of my God's creatures that way. I would be ashamed of myself. To beat up someone, God has let me know, would be to beat Him up.

God has me trained.

You think you can be moral on your own. You can't. You wouldn't be. If you naturally would be kind, you'd be destroyed the minute law broke down in society. Your kind would never evolve in a God-less universe. Moreover, God isn't looking for cowardly dogs for His kennel. He wants vicious would-be killer dogs: pit bulls with an attitude, Dobermans and Rottweilers with anger issues, shepherd dogs that would rip a coyote to pieces, and rat terriers that will dispatch vermin without conscience. That's what he wants, and he wants them to obey his commands.

He is nothing if not a glory hound.

(26-12-2012 12:42 PM)bemore Wrote:  What I dont get dude is with my belief im quite content to let people think what they want, even when they question it because the truth of the matter is I have held many different beliefs throughout my life so what does that say about my current belief today... no matter how much I believe it to be true?

Whats the difference between me and you in our beliefs? Im thinking that maybe you were taught religion growing up and I wasnt. You speak of human purpose to evolve your consciousness (to become Christ) and I think we all evolve our consciousness through the thoughts we have, the choices we make, the things/emotions we feel.... life itself.

Why do you need to feel that you have to push this to some degree. Maybe pushing is the wrong word but insisting that what you are saying is the truth. Where does that come from dude? Is it the religion or is it you?

With respect me and you have allways got on but you are quite nasty to people who question you...again is that you or is that the religion?

I think my own spiritual/consciousness learning comes when I question myself and why I believe the things I do, like when I realised I was racist for no reason other than I had been taught/was copying everyone around me... like how I realised that if I hold just one belief even for a second it shuts me off from every other potential belief.... so with that who am I to judge, I cant even fully describe feelings through different mediums (music, creativity, writing, speaking,sex etc) never mind the universe.

Huh

It just sounds like you know nothing and you don't care. No
"I have no delusions. I know the truth." "I am a black belt in taekwondo."

narcissism |ˈnärsəˌsizəm|
noun
excessive or erotic interest in oneself and one's physical appearance.
• Psychology extreme selfishness, with a grandiose view of one's own talents and a craving for admiration, as characterizing a personality type.

"God isn't looking for cowardly dogs for His kennel. He wants vicious
would-be killer dogs: pit bulls with an attitude, Dobermans and
Rottweilers with anger issues, shepherd dogs that would rip a coyote to
pieces, and rat terriers that will dispatch vermin without conscience.
That's what he wants, and he wants them to obey his commands."

Borderline Personality Disorder
By JOHN M. GROHOL, PSY.D.

The main feature of borderline personality disorder (BPD) is a pervasive pattern of instability in interpersonal relationships, self-image and emotions. People with borderline personality disorder are also usually very impulsive.

This disorder occurs in most by early adulthood. The unstable pattern of interacting with others has persisted for years and is usually closely related to the person’s self-image and early social interactions. The pattern is present in a variety of settings (e.g., not just at work or home) and often is accompanied by a similar lability (fluctuating back and forth, sometimes in a quick manner) in a person’s emotions and feelings. Relationships and the person’s emotion may often be characterized as being shallow.

A person with this disorder will also often exhibit impulsive behaviors and have a majority of the following symptoms:

Frantic efforts to avoid real or imagined abandonment
A pattern of unstable and intense interpersonal relationships characterized by alternating between extremes of idealization and devaluation
Identity disturbance, such as a significant and persistent unstable self-image or sense of self
Impulsivity in at least two areas that are potentially self-damaging (e.g., spending, sex, substance abuse, reckless driving, binge eating)
Recurrent suicidal behavior, gestures, or threats, or self-mutilating behavior
Emotional instability due to significant reactivity of mood (e.g., intense episodic dysphoria, irritability, or anxiety usually lasting a few hours and only rarely more than a few days)
Chronic feelings of emptiness
Inappropriate, intense anger or difficulty controlling anger (e.g., frequent displays of temper, constant anger, recurrent physical fights)
Transient, stress-related paranoid thoughts or severe dissociative symptoms
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 2 users Like Mark Fulton's post
27-12-2012, 05:51 AM
(27-12-2012 01:15 AM)Egor Wrote:  
(26-12-2012 06:44 PM)Chas Wrote:  Fuck you, Ed. You are a sorry excuse for a human. Your brain is broken and nonfunctional.

Look at your stupid reputation points. Seriously, if you're that "well-liked" you're not trying hard enough to be an individual. If you have that many friends, you're lying too much to have any real soul. Canada--it figures. Rolleyes

Ed, you might try reading the comments. It ain't the points - it's the reasons.

I apologize for snapping at you - my broken tooth has made me extra grumpy and impatient.
However, I am sorry that you are such a confused person.

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
27-12-2012, 05:52 AM
(27-12-2012 12:40 AM)Egor Wrote:  
(26-12-2012 06:02 AM)Dom Wrote:  You have no manners is the issue. It's not what you say, it's how you say it.

Oh, will you grow a spine for God's sake? You have that picture of a doberman, and then you say that shit. Puhleeez. Dodgy

Quote:If belief in a god makes people more caring and considerate, you are the atheist here. And you don't have the excuse of being juvenile, or not eloquent. You just enjoy being offensive.

Have I really insulted you personally? Have I really hurt your feelings?

Look, very few people are actually atheists. Most people just subscribe to the idea for a while. I have. Actual atheists wouldn't be on this forum. Actual atheists are destitute, useless human beings for which nothing can be done. This forum exists as a beacon for some theist to come along and change everyone's mind. I may not be that theist, but I know for a fact, you really wish I could prove God to you.

Egor, I have been an atheist since I was 10 years old. I am 60 now. Do you really think I am going to start believing in fairy tales now? I have had a full, exciting, fun life. I have been active in animal rescue for some 40 years. I am anything but destitute, and ask all the people who have depended on me for a living how useless I am. You have some really weird opinions lodged in your head, and you totally underestimate the innate goddness in people. Maybe it's because you don't feel it in yourself? Do you really need a god to keep you in line? Have you no natural empathy? No moral compass? I feel sorry for you. The world must look really bleak to you.

What's wrong with Dobermans? Have you ever owned one? They are loving, very loyal and smart animals. As self proclaimed dog lover, you should know that.

[Image: dobie.png]

Science is the process we've designed to be responsible for generating our best guess as to what the fuck is going on. Girly Man
[+] 4 users Like Dom's post
27-12-2012, 07:29 AM
lol Egor.

[Image: 3cdac7eec8f6b059070d9df56f50a7ae.jpg]
Now with 40% more awesome.