King of Kings

Thread Rating:
  • 2 Votes - 1 Average
27-12-2012, 07:41 AM
RE: King of Kings
Our moral improvements are influenced by social pressure, not god. "The Selfish Gene" by Dawkins explains the value of morality and good behavior in groups a lot better than the gospels. I'd go as far to say that reading it inspired me as much as the gospels inspire Egor. If I had to pick a theory, Dawkins would win every time.

If Jesus died for our sins, why is there still sin? If man was created from dust, why is there still dust? If Americans came from Europe, why are there still Europeans?
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
27-12-2012, 08:12 AM
[Image: tumblr_mfoj1cSNIP1riy5vpo1_1280.jpg]
[+] 2 users Like Logisch's post
27-12-2012, 08:55 AM
(27-12-2012 08:12 AM)Logisch Wrote:  [Image: tumblr_mfoj1cSNIP1riy5vpo1_1280.jpg]

Lol, what's up with that banana? Drinking Beverage

[Image: dobie.png]

Science is the process we've designed to be responsible for generating our best guess as to what the fuck is going on. Girly Man
27-12-2012, 09:11 AM
(27-12-2012 08:55 AM)Dom Wrote:  Lol, what's up with that banana? Drinking Beverage

I am wildly uncertain.
[+] 1 user Likes Logisch's post
27-12-2012, 09:16 AM
(27-12-2012 09:11 AM)Logisch Wrote:  I am wildly uncertain.
I'll say Drinking Beverage

"E se non passa la tristezza con altri occhi la guarderò."
27-12-2012, 09:30 AM
(27-12-2012 09:16 AM)Vera Wrote:  
(27-12-2012 09:11 AM)Logisch Wrote:  I am wildly uncertain.
I'll say Drinking Beverage
oh snap!
27-12-2012, 09:39 AM
(27-12-2012 01:11 AM)Egor Wrote:  
(26-12-2012 04:40 PM)Katiegal Wrote:  It matters if Jesus was a real person if a person wants to actually believe in Jesus. To actually accept Jesus as a "son of god" he has to have actually existed.

Mankind has a longing to know if we are alone in the universe. We scan the skies for signals from other intelligent life. Making fictional movies like Close Encounters is not satisfactory. We need reality.

Well, what if he was real? What difference does it make? You still only know Jesus Christ from the Gospels. That was the intent all along. Your body is not real. The only thing that is real is your consciousness. So, if you want to know Christ, you have to know him in your mind, that's the only "knowing" that matters.
Agreed. Delusions come strictly from the mind.
(I usually refrain from the word "delusions", but in your case...wow...)

"Religion has caused more misery to all of mankind in every stage of human history than any other single idea." --Madalyn Murray O'Hair
[+] 1 user Likes Impulse's post
27-12-2012, 09:44 AM
(27-12-2012 01:28 AM)Egor Wrote:  Hey! I just noticed my rep is back down to zero. Soon I'll be negative. I know it seems anti-social to say, but being a theist who loves Jesus Christ--I feel a lot better when I'm negative in rep. When I'm positive, I just feel God looking at me--with a rolled up newspaper.
Negative reps come from things like bad behavior and abundant unsupported ridiculous claims, not from having an opposing viewpoint. It's certainly nothing even your God (conceptually speaking) would be proud of.

"Religion has caused more misery to all of mankind in every stage of human history than any other single idea." --Madalyn Murray O'Hair
[+] 1 user Likes Impulse's post
27-12-2012, 10:03 AM
(27-12-2012 08:12 AM)Logisch Wrote:  [Image: tumblr_mfoj1cSNIP1riy5vpo1_1280.jpg]
Yabut. I DON'T LIKE IT!!!! Sadcryface2

Don't come to the fucking Internet to ignore shit. And dude? How about moving outta Ma's basement?

[Image: klingon_zps7e68578a.jpg]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
27-12-2012, 10:20 AM
(26-12-2012 05:57 AM)Starcrash Wrote:  
(26-12-2012 02:56 AM)Egor Wrote:  The Christian Church has run its course. All it makes these days is atheists. Once the Gospels were made widely available to any individual who wanted a copy, there was no need for the Christian religion anymore.

Already did.

What are you trying to teach me? Shocking

The Christian Church ... makes atheists? That must be the dumbest thing I've ever heard. An organization whose main purpose is passing on a belief in a god is not doing the exact opposite. Or do you define atheist as "anyone who doesn't believe exactly what I believe"?

And while it may seem contradictory for me to "teach you" despite saying you're not worth our time to teach, not every message is about you. Others look on and read. It's for their benefit, not for the benefit of the guy who is stubborn and close-minded in his faith.
I agree with Egor - the church does make atheists - it did it for me by upholding the bible's crazy doctrine of eternal damnation.
[+] 1 user Likes sandman's post