King of Kings

Thread Rating:
  • 2 Votes - 1 Average
28-12-2012, 12:52 PM

RE: King of Kings
(27-12-2012 07:34 PM)Mark Fulton Wrote:  The following is from an article about narcissism.

"Narcissists tend to have high self-esteem.

You need a different article. Narcissists, by definition, have a pathologically low self-esteem. That's why they make up stories, that's why they have to put others down, that's why they are more likely to be serial killers than even those with antisocial personality disorder.

Quote:However, narcissism is not the same thing as self-esteem; people who have high self-esteem are often humble, whereas narcissists rarely are. It was once thought that narcissists have high self-esteem on the surface, but deep down they are insecure. However, the latest evidence indicates that narcissists are actually secure or grandiose at both levels. Onlookers may infer that insecurity is there because narcissists tend to be defensive when their self-esteem is threatened (e.g., being ridiculed); narcissists can be aggressive. The sometimes dangerous lifestyle may more generally reflect sensation-seeking or impulsivity (e.g., risky sex, bold financial decisions)."

That doesn't even make sense. You really need to stick to what you know...whatever that is.

Quote:A narcissist is highly unlikely to take advice from anyone, or learn anything new, from a set up such as an internet forum. It's possible, but basically if you want to "get through" to Egor you're "pushing shit up hill" If he comes to a new understanding of something he'll only think he's worked it out for it himself, because that's how his brain is wired.

Was that in the article or are we now into your own opinion--or were they always one and the same? Consider

Quote:He's here primarily to make himself feel important, and will distort reality to make that happen. No matter how many times he's told he's wrong or needs to look at things from a different angle, he just won't get it.

That's me. Blush

Quote:So my suggestion is this. Use conversations with Egor to make points you wish to tell others, but don't imagine he is going to appreciate your point or suddenly "see the light." That's very unlikely to happen, because it isn't why he's here.

See what light? That there is no God? You think that's light? I'll tell you what, if it is, we better all get sunglasses or we're doomed.

Quote:Having received absolutely no attention for starting his own religion, he's now having a go at starting his own forum. The guy's a legend in his own lunchbox.

Wouldn't it seem that if I were starting my own religion (for other people), I'd at least have a website or blog? Nevertheless, here's what I believe so you can follow it:
    1. God is the monistic fundamental consciousness.
    2. To become Christ is the purpose of all human beings.
    3. When we die, we enter a lucid spiritual plane we make into either a heaven or hell based on the wisdom we've gained from this life.
    4. The Gospels (Matthew, Mark, Luke, John, and Thomas) are miraculous documents and the only true Canon.

I'm pretty sure that's it. Smartass
Quote this message in a reply
28-12-2012, 12:56 PM
(28-12-2012 12:52 PM)Egor Wrote:  
(27-12-2012 07:34 PM)Mark Fulton Wrote:  The following is from an article about narcissism.

You need a different article. Narcissists, by definition, have a pathologically low self-esteem. That's why they make up stories, that's why they have to put others down, that's why they are more likely to be serial killers than even those with antisocial personality disorder.

Quote:However, narcissism is not the same thing as self-esteem; people who have high self-esteem are often humble, whereas narcissists rarely are. It was once thought that narcissists have high self-esteem on the surface, but deep down they are insecure. However, the latest evidence indicates that narcissists are actually secure or grandiose at both levels. Onlookers may infer that insecurity is there because narcissists tend to be defensive when their self-esteem is threatened (e.g., being ridiculed); narcissists can be aggressive. The sometimes dangerous lifestyle may more generally reflect sensation-seeking or impulsivity (e.g., risky sex, bold financial decisions)."

That doesn't even make sense. You really need to stick to what you know...whatever that is.

Quote:A narcissist is highly unlikely to take advice from anyone, or learn anything new, from a set up such as an internet forum. It's possible, but basically if you want to "get through" to Egor you're "pushing shit up hill" If he comes to a new understanding of something he'll only think he's worked it out for it himself, because that's how his brain is wired.

Was that in the article or are we now into your own opinion--or were they always one and the same? Consider

Quote:He's here primarily to make himself feel important, and will distort reality to make that happen. No matter how many times he's told he's wrong or needs to look at things from a different angle, he just won't get it.

That's me. Blush

Quote:So my suggestion is this. Use conversations with Egor to make points you wish to tell others, but don't imagine he is going to appreciate your point or suddenly "see the light." That's very unlikely to happen, because it isn't why he's here.

See what light? That there is no God? You think that's light? I'll tell you what, if it is, we better all get sunglasses or we're doomed.

Quote:Having received absolutely no attention for starting his own religion, he's now having a go at starting his own forum. The guy's a legend in his own lunchbox.

Wouldn't it seem that if I were starting my own religion (for other people), I'd at least have a website or blog? Nevertheless, here's what I believe so you can follow it:
    3. When we die, we enter a lucid spiritual plane we make into either a heaven or hell based on the wisdom we've gained from this life.
    4. The Gospels (Matthew, Mark, Luke, John, and Thomas) are miraculous documents and the only true Canon.

You'd be fun to have a beer with. Big Grin

[Image: 3d366d5c-72a0-4228-b835-f404c2970188_zps...1381867723]
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
28-12-2012, 01:04 PM

Hmm, you didn't supply any reference to support that claim. Consider

Here's a different article:
7 Myths About Narcissism and Narcissistic Personality Disorder

From the article:

Quote:2. Deep down, narcissists are insecure and have low self-esteem. People assume that narcissists must be concealing some deep insecurity or they actually hate themselves. But the data don't back it up. Even if you measure self-esteem in a subtle, unconscious way, deep down inside, narcissists think they're awesome. It's important to understand that this is a myth because when people act like jerks and they behave narcissistically, often others will say that the solution is that they really need to boost their self-esteem. Well, that's not going to help. That's exactly their problem.
The bold line is the second myth. If you read the paragraph, you will see it supports Mark's article.

"Religion has caused more misery to all of mankind in every stage of human history than any other single idea." --Madalyn Murray O'Hair
[+] 1 user Likes Impulse's post
28-12-2012, 01:09 PM

I get confused when you say this ^, but then add in that God is angry and vengeful, etc. etc. I'm genuinely curious as to how you come up with ideas like:

If God exists and will throw you in hell if you don't conform to what He wants, then so be it. If God exists, we are his "creatures." We are not His equal. If that fear of hell ultimately leads to a motivation to please, then so be it. It's not different than a parent and child.

If God exists and will throw you in hell if you don't conform to what He wants, then so be it. If God exists, we are his "creatures." We are not His equal. If that fear of hell ultimately leads to a motivation to please, then so be it.

He's not just another being, He's a different order of being, and you are created from His substance.

I believe the human purpose is to become Christ. And Christ is God conscious of Himself from within His creation.

God isn't looking for cowardly dogs for His kennel. He wants vicious would-be killer dogs: pit bulls with an attitude, Dobermans and Rottweilers with anger issues, shepherd dogs that would rip a coyote to pieces, and rat terriers that will dispatch vermin without conscience. That's what he wants, and he wants them to obey his commands.

Your body is not real. The only thing that is real is your consciousness. So, if you want to know Christ, you have to know him in your mind, that's the only "knowing" that matters.

If there is a God, then He is the God of cancer, of insect politics, of large canine teeth, and of sharks. If there is a God, He is the God of every dying earthworm you see on a hot sidewalk. He is the God of every disease, and every hurricane, and He destroys every physical thing that is created.

In addition, if there is a God, His mind is not like ours. His mind is like every conscious thing combined. It is immediate in all ways at all times--there is no memory in it. It is total knowledge present eternally. We can't even comprehend such a being.

Oh, there's so much more, but that's just from this thread alone. I see a lot more of ED in your words than JC, but I'd like to see how you've arrived at these declarative statements from your Magic Gospels.

It was just a fucking apple man, we're sorry okay? Please stop the madness Laugh out load
~Izel
[+] 1 user Likes Erxomai's post
28-12-2012, 05:12 PM
(28-12-2012 01:04 PM)Impulse Wrote:  
(28-12-2012 12:52 PM)Egor Wrote:  You need a different article. Narcissists, by definition, have a pathologically low self-esteem. That's why they make up stories, that's why they have to put others down, that's why they are more likely to be serial killers than even those with antisocial personality disorder.
Hmm, you didn't supply any reference to support that claim. Consider

Here's a different article:
7 Myths About Narcissism and Narcissistic Personality Disorder

From the article:

Quote:2. Deep down, narcissists are insecure and have low self-esteem. People assume that narcissists must be concealing some deep insecurity or they actually hate themselves. But the data don't back it up. Even if you measure self-esteem in a subtle, unconscious way, deep down inside, narcissists think they're awesome. It's important to understand that this is a myth because when people act like jerks and they behave narcissistically, often others will say that the solution is that they really need to boost their self-esteem. Well, that's not going to help. That's exactly their problem.
The bold line is the second myth. If you read the paragraph, you will see it supports Mark's article.
Here's the reference to the article...

http://www.psychologytoday.com/condition...y-disorder
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
28-12-2012, 05:48 PM (This post was last modified: 28-12-2012 05:59 PM by Mark Fulton.)
(28-12-2012 01:09 PM)Erxomai Wrote:  

I get confused when you say this ^, but then add in that God is angry and vengeful, etc. etc. I'm genuinely curious as to how you come up with ideas like:

If God exists and will throw you in hell if you don't conform to what He wants, then so be it. If God exists, we are his "creatures." We are not His equal. If that fear of hell ultimately leads to a motivation to please, then so be it. It's not different than a parent and child.

If God exists and will throw you in hell if you don't conform to what He wants, then so be it. If God exists, we are his "creatures." We are not His equal. If that fear of hell ultimately leads to a motivation to please, then so be it.

He's not just another being, He's a different order of being, and you are created from His substance.

I believe the human purpose is to become Christ. And Christ is God conscious of Himself from within His creation.

God isn't looking for cowardly dogs for His kennel. He wants vicious would-be killer dogs: pit bulls with an attitude, Dobermans and Rottweilers with anger issues, shepherd dogs that would rip a coyote to pieces, and rat terriers that will dispatch vermin without conscience. That's what he wants, and he wants them to obey his commands.

Your body is not real. The only thing that is real is your consciousness. So, if you want to know Christ, you have to know him in your mind, that's the only "knowing" that matters.

If there is a God, then He is the God of cancer, of insect politics, of large canine teeth, and of sharks. If there is a God, He is the God of every dying earthworm you see on a hot sidewalk. He is the God of every disease, and every hurricane, and He destroys every physical thing that is created.

In addition, if there is a God, His mind is not like ours. His mind is like every conscious thing combined. It is immediate in all ways at all times--there is no memory in it. It is total knowledge present eternally. We can't even comprehend such a being.

Oh, there's so much more, but that's just from this thread alone. I see a lot more of ED in your words than JC, but I'd like to see how you've arrived at these declarative statements from your Magic Gospels.
There's been millions of "Egors" throughout history.

They get brainwashed with mumbo jumbo from the bible throughout their childhood. Usually in their 30's or 40's they start to question (quite rightly) the whole silly setup. They turn against the church they've been a part of when they recognise hypocricy, greed, power politics etc for what it is. Yet they can't completely let go, so they cling to the imagined purity and beauty of the bible. They break away from their church, and some even start their own congregations, claiming they've gone back to their roots, to the essence of the real teachings of Jesus.

What they all fail to realize is that the roots are rotten. The gospels have never been anything more than the propaganda used by the first catholic churches to control the plebs, the crowd, the hoi polloi. Egor is still hanging on to the coat tails of the original catholic church.

Most of the stuff he carries on about (which you are interested in) is not to be found in the gospels, it's just Egor's feeble attempt to make sense of what he's read. He imagines Christ is just like him.

What's more, Egor doesn't even know much about the gospels he claims to hold so dearly. He admits he hasn't read one book about their history. He thinks everything he needs to know about them is contained in their pages. It's empty vessels that make the most noise.

What's more, he hasn't read the gospels objectively. Jeebus' words of wisdom are pretty pathetic. You'll never find a chapter on Jesus in a philosophy textbook, because Jeebus doesn't cut the mustard as a philosopher.
[+] 4 users Like Mark Fulton's post
28-12-2012, 06:17 PM

That's me. Blush

Re..."That's me. Blush "

If you're genuine...congratulations on admitting this.

Re..."Nevertheless, here's what I believe so you can follow it:..."

Yeah...thanks....I've already read that a few times. Are these Tuesday's or Wednesday's beliefs?

You're asking me to respect the four or five gospels you mention. Yet you admit you don't know who wrote them. You admit they may be based on a mythical character. You've provided no evidence as to why you think they're so wonderful. Seriously Egor, you're going to have to do better than this to be taken seriously.
[+] 1 user Likes Mark Fulton's post
28-12-2012, 06:28 PM
(28-12-2012 12:52 PM)Egor Wrote:  4. The Gospels (Matthew, Mark, Luke, John, and Thomas) are miraculous documents and the only true Canon.
Re 1-3 : No evidence.
Re #4 : LOL.
(a "canon" is not capitalized, BTW) Tongue

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein
Those who were seen dancing were thought to be insane by those who could not hear the music - Friedrich Nietzsche
[+] 1 user Likes Bucky Ball's post
28-12-2012, 10:03 PM

(28-12-2012 01:04 PM)Impulse Wrote:  The bold line is the second myth. If you read the paragraph, you will see it supports Mark's article.

If you're talking about narcissistic personality traits that's one thing. If you're talking about narcissistic personality disorder, that's another.

In theory, there could be a justifiable narcissism. If one was truly great and beautiful, it would be appropriate to love oneself and consider oneself better than other people. God, is a complete narcissist, but His narcissism is justified.

What matters is that one see themselves truthfully. Yes
28-12-2012, 10:09 PM

(28-12-2012 05:48 PM)Mark Fulton Wrote:  What's more, he hasn't read the gospels objectively. Jeebus' words of wisdom are pretty pathetic. You'll never find a chapter on Jesus in a philosophy textbook, because Jeebus doesn't cut the mustard as a philosopher.

Jesus isn't a philosopher. Jesus said he was the truth, so all philosophy would start with him and extrapolate from there.