Thread Rating:
  • 2 Votes - 1 Average
29-12-2012, 01:08 AM
RE: King of Kings
Egor

I am the truth

And the way

And the light

Worship me, and you will be rewarded in eternity forevermore with beer, nachos, and strippers.

E 2 = (mc 2)2 + (pc )2
614C → 714N + e + ̅νe
2 K(s) + 2 H2O(l) → 2 KOH(aq) + H2 (g) + 196 kJ/mol
It works, bitches.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes Phaedrus's post
29-12-2012, 01:10 AM (This post was last modified: 29-12-2012 01:16 AM by Mark Fulton.)
(28-12-2012 10:09 PM)Egor Wrote:  
(28-12-2012 05:48 PM)Mark Fulton Wrote:  What's more, he hasn't read the gospels objectively. Jeebus' words of wisdom are pretty pathetic. You'll never find a chapter on Jesus in a philosophy textbook, because Jeebus doesn't cut the mustard as a philosopher.

Jesus isn't a philosopher. Jesus said he was the truth, so all philosophy would start with him and extrapolate from there.
You're damn right he was no philosopher!

A philosopher has credentials and Jeebus didn’t. He was uneducated and illiterate. Galilean peasant society was insular and
primitive, even by the standards of the times. He might’ve been clever and charismatic, yet he knew nothing of the philosophy and science of the Greek and Roman world. Non-Jewish law, ethics, history, art and literature were a mystery
to him. Such an uninformed person wasn’t qualified to be a world-class teacher of philosophy.

Jesus was a deluded dreamer who made wild promises that didn’t come true. He was judgmental, intolerant, inconsistent, egocentric and ethnocentric. He failed to give consistent or comprehensive solutions to life’s conundrums. Most of his teachings lack the detail to make them meaningful. Dogma without reasoning and explanation doesn’t cut the mustard as
philosophy.

Truly inspiring words in great books, poetry, or speeches have a timeless coherency and consistency to them. Jesus’ teachings don’t. If they were sent to a publisher who’d never read the Bible, they’d garner a pink slip. He’d assume Jesus was a dunce.

Commendable philosophers are seekers of truth and admirers of wisdom who propose answers to the mysteries of life and the universe after a reasoned analysis. They see through gloss to discover substance. They occasionally come up with profound one-liners such as “E=mc squared” or “I think, therefore I am,” but these are the products of elaborate
reasoning. Jesus’ numerous one-liners only proposed unsatisfactory simplistic solutions to complex problems.

Good philosophers have open minds and are genuinely interested in the opinions of others. They don’t assume or pretend
they alone have all the answers. They care enough about their audience to document their ideas with precision and detail. They’re aware that one day their ideas may appear outdated. Much of what Jesus said was a dictatorial diatribe that
failed to do any of this.

Many Christians argue that everything he said was perfect because he was god. Yet in the 21st century blind faith can’t rescue Jesus from a thinking, critical public. Some Christians claim it was the fact he became a man that’s what matters; that Jesus’ primary purpose was to save the world from its sins. Paul invented these ideas, and he ignored Jesus’
teachings. Christians might wonder why the founder of their theology didn’t consider Christ a philosopher, yet wrote volumes propounding his own philosophy.

There are, no doubt, millions of Christians who disagree with me. I think they too easily accept any of the thousands of books and articles written by evangelists to explain and harmonize Jesus’ sayings. All this commentary is heavily manufactured; it resorts to artificial and arbitrary interpretations rather than simply taking what are said to be Jesus’ words at face value. There’s no other way to make Jesus sound authoritative and wise.

Please explain how we can "start with him and extrapolate from there." Which bit of him do you "start" from?
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 2 users Like Mark Fulton's post
29-12-2012, 01:47 AM

(29-12-2012 01:10 AM)Mark Fulton Wrote:  You're damn right he was no philosopher!

You're damn right I'm damn right he was no philosopher. Laughat

Quote:A philosopher has credentials and Jeebus didn’t.

That's "Jesus" you idiot. If you can't spell then stop writing. If you can spell but won't, it just shows you're jealous of Jesus.

Quote:He was uneducated and illiterate.

Not according to the Gospel, which is the only record we have of Jesus Christ. So, I'm not sure where you're getting your info.

Quote:...Galilean peasant society was insular and primitive, even by the standards of the times. He might’ve been clever and charismatic, yet he knew nothing of the philosophy and science of the Greek and Roman world. Non-Jewish law, ethics, history, art and literature were a mystery to him. Such an uninformed person wasn’t qualified to be a world-class teacher of philosophy.

Again, all we have are the Gospels, so what you are basing your "facts" about Jesus on, I have no idea. Jesus is only encountered in the Gospels. There is no "historical" Jesus. In other words, your facts are all fucked up.

Quote:Jesus was a deluded dreamer who made wild promises that didn’t come true.

Jesus was God.

Quote:He was judgmental, intolerant, inconsistent, egocentric and ethnocentric. He failed to give consistent or comprehensive solutions to life’s conundrums. Most of his teachings lack the detail to make them meaningful. Dogma without reasoning and explanation doesn’t cut the mustard as philosophy.

I know, I know, you sure could have taught Jesus a thing or two. If only you had been there to help him. Hobo

Quote:Truly inspiring words in great books, poetry, or speeches have a timeless coherency and consistency to them. Jesus’ teachings don’t. If they were sent to a publisher who’d never read the Bible, they’d garner a pink slip. He’d assume Jesus was a dunce.

Your problem is, you don't get the Gospels. You don't know how to read them or how they work.
Quote this message in a reply
29-12-2012, 02:02 AM
Egor, I am god.

E 2 = (mc 2)2 + (pc )2
614C → 714N + e + ̅νe
It works, bitches.
29-12-2012, 07:01 AM
(28-12-2012 10:03 PM)Egor Wrote:  What matters is that one see themselves truthfully. Yes

Bullshit. I have asked you questions which you have avoided, questions that need personal reflection.
I never really spoke to you properly until you abandoned god. When you did though you seemed to be allright. You were apologetic and everybody gave you a second chance, you became a nice guy.

Then now you have a version of god you have once again become a cunt... you mock others and spout insults out at people and your justification is that your not a christian.

You are using god to justify being a cunt.

For no matter how much I use these symbols, to describe symptoms of my existence.
You are your own emphasis.
So I say nothing.

-Bemore.
[+] 5 users Like bemore's post
29-12-2012, 07:43 AM
(29-12-2012 07:01 AM)bemore Wrote:  You are using god to justify being a cunt.

That seems to be the trend..

“What you believe to be true will control you, whether it’s true or not.”

—Jeremy LaBorde
[+] 1 user Likes ideasonscribe's post
29-12-2012, 07:52 AM
(29-12-2012 07:43 AM)ideasonscribe Wrote:  

That seems to be the trend..
This is the only time I wish you were a cunt. So I could post something like "Oh, the irony"... Well, thanks for screwing up that joke, not-cunt Dodgy
[+] 1 user Likes morondog's post
29-12-2012, 01:53 PM

(29-12-2012 02:02 AM)Phaedrus Wrote:  Egor, I am god.

That is a true statement. It's easy to make the statement. It's easy to know something intellectually, but to really understand it and be convinced of it, moreover to really experience it, to put your faith in it, to have the courage to face the implications of it, takes a lifetime of spiritual development, in my opinion. In fact I believe that development continues on in your lucid spiritual plane after your body dies. I believe that is the next step.

If you truly believed what you said, then you could read the Gospels and realize they written by you for you as a guide. Naturally, you would immediately transcend religion and atheism, right and wrong, and even life and death. You would become what Jesus admonished us to become in the Gospel of Thomas when he said simply:

Be passersby. (ref. VGJC 45:26)

In short, you don't realize what you've just said. And I get the feeling from you it was an accidental statement, an attempt to be funny or mock me (as if that's the most important thing to do in life). Be careful though, because Jesus also said:

And the one who falls on this stone will be broken to pieces, but the one on whom it falls will be utterly crushed. (VGJC 41:17).

The stone he was referring to is the concept of Christ, and Chrsit is God conscious of Himself from within His creation. If you carry on thinking you are God, Phaedrus will be turned to dust and blown away. Consider
29-12-2012, 02:02 PM

And you're only my friend when I believe the way you want me to. Looks like we all cuntz now! Sadcryface2
29-12-2012, 02:02 PM
We are all destined to dust, Egor. From dust we came, and to dust we will return again, and from us will spring life anew.

E 2 = (mc 2)2 + (pc )2
614C → 714N + e + ̅νe
It works, bitches.