King of Kings

Thread Rating:
  • 2 Votes - 1 Average
25-12-2012, 11:14 AM
RE: King of Kings
(25-12-2012 09:52 AM)Egor Wrote:  
(25-12-2012 09:39 AM)Humakt Wrote:  I was talking to the point someone made about Christmas being christians most hallowed day, I also you'll note use the word their (referring to christians), not my, or our. And really, hate to break it to you, but the popular symbols of easter are not christ crucified to save our souls, its bunnies and eggs all symbols of fertility from other less "kosher" faith systems. The very name easter, derives from Eastre the Goddess of offspring and newborns worshipped by the anglo saxons. But, I suspect you know that already.

Popular symbols of Christmas and Easter don't matter. I'm looking at our lit Christmas tree, and to be quite honest, I have no idea what it's supposed to mean. Nevertheless, Christmas is the day we celebrate Jesus' birthday, and Easter is the day we celebrate his resurrection from the dead.

Now, for the record. The Veridican Gospel of Jesus Christ does not include a birth narrative, and I personally don't believe the body of Jesus of Nazareth rose from the dead. The symbolism of the birth narrative in Matthew and Luke is important, I believe, but not really part of the Gospel. There is no hope in a body rising from a tomb like a zombie, so I refuse to believe that's what really happened. Rather the symbolism, and even the hidden meaning behind the resurrection, is what matters.

Remember: The Gospels are not history. They are a fictional account intended to cause a spiritual change within the reader. You read it, and you start thinking about things like, What is truth? What is life? What is death? What is the human purpose? What is God really like? How does this apply to me? etc.
As for the tree, thats proscribed in Leviticus, that aside its another northern european fertility symbol. If by we, you mean christians, I dont belong in that we, if you mean society maybe where you live, here chirst barely gets lip service its a day off at best an orgy of spending at worst. And easters all about nothing, or chocolate.

Know next to nothing bout your gospel, I might read it if it didnt have a price tag attached. But thanks for the free sample. Dont think zombie is right though, Christ is articulate and clearly depicted as having returned to life, but whatever. As for works of fiction that inspire, I still prefer star trek the fluffy philosophy of inter stellar niceness, is far more appealing than the underlying bigotry of christian teachings, no matter how hippy Jesus gets he is still part of the old firm, I come not to replace, but to confirm, none shall enter but through me, christ says that you should be as strict as the strictest pharisee the message is clear, on earth cuddily wuddily, but for the rest of eternity its still convert or die, or rather face eternal torture. In the face of that kinda regime, anyone of good conscious can only resist and if resisting is not feasible refuse to comply. End of the day, Christ is the velvet glove.

But, all of that aside, I can still wish you and your family a merry chrismas and if you find spiritual solace in its celebration I certainly don't begrudge you it.

Legal Disclaimer: I am right, I reserve the right to be wrong without notice, opinions may change, your statutory rights are not affected, opinions expressed are not my own and are an approximation for the sake of communication.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes Humakt's post
25-12-2012, 11:45 AM

(25-12-2012 11:14 AM)Humakt Wrote:  As for the tree, thats proscribed in Leviticus, that aside its another northern european fertility symbol. If by we, you mean christians, I dont belong in that we, if you mean society maybe where you live, here chirst barely gets lip service its a day off at best an orgy of spending at worst. And easters all about nothing, or chocolate.

What a sad part of the world. Sad

Quote:Know next to nothing bout your gospel, I might read it if it didnt have a price tag attached.

Why should it be free? And if you won't pay 99 cents for the Kindle version, I hardly think you'd read it.

Quote: But thanks for the free sample. Dont think zombie is right though, Christ is articulate and clearly depicted as having returned to life, but whatever. As for works of fiction that inspire, I still prefer star trek the fluffy philosophy of inter stellar niceness, is far more appealing than the underlying bigotry of christian teachings, no matter how hippy Jesus gets he is still part of the old firm, I come not to replace, but to confirm, none shall enter but through me, christ says that you should be as strict as the strictest pharisee the message is clear, on earth cuddily wuddily, but for the rest of eternity its still convert or die, or rather face eternal torture. In the face of that kinda regime, anyone of good conscious can only resist and if resisting is not feasible refuse to comply. End of the day, Christ is the velvet glove.

There's not a lot of cuddily wuddily about Jesus. He was utterly uncompromising.

But you have fun looserly putting your faith in Star Trek. Hobo

Quote:But, all of that aside, I can still wish you and your family a merry chrismas and if you find spiritual solace in its celebration I certainly don't begrudge you it.

You can, but it doesn't mean anything, does it? If there is no God, we are nothing. We are dirt. We are chemical reactions with accidental consciousness evolving toward no end whatsoever. If that is the case, your well-wishes mean nothing. You're morality means nothing. Your hope for the future means nothing. You can try to be a "good guy" but it doesn't matter. If there is no God, you might as well be a serial killer or a school shooter. Why can't you atheists get that through your heads? Argue
Quote this message in a reply
25-12-2012, 11:45 AM (This post was last modified: 25-12-2012 11:49 AM by Chas.)
(25-12-2012 03:22 AM)Egor Wrote:  You feel nothing. You strive for nothing. You value human life no more than dirt. You can't love others. You have no revelation of God, no revelation of Christ. You are simply waiting to die, and as far as you're concerned, it's taking forever.
Why don't you have some self-respect for a change.
Bye.Sleepy

You are a fucking delusional idiot. Just shut the fuck up. Seriously.

Merry bloody Christmas.

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
25-12-2012, 11:57 AM
(25-12-2012 11:45 AM)Egor Wrote:  
Quote:But, all of that aside, I can still wish you and your family a merry chrismas and if you find spiritual solace in its celebration I certainly don't begrudge you it.

You can, but it doesn't mean anything, does it? If there is no God, we are nothing. We are dirt. We are chemical reactions with accidental consciousness evolving toward no end whatsoever. If that is the case, your well-wishes mean nothing. You're morality means nothing. Your hope for the future means nothing. You can try to be a "good guy" but it doesn't matter. If there is no God, you might as well be a serial killer or a school shooter. Why can't you atheists get that through your heads? Argue

That's what you say when someone says something nice to you? You insult them? You have a very long way to go before you become a good person.

[Image: dobie.png]

Science is the process we've designed to be responsible for generating our best guess as to what the fuck is going on. Girly Man
Find all posts by this user
[+] 3 users Like Dom's post
25-12-2012, 12:07 PM
(25-12-2012 11:45 AM)Egor Wrote:  
(25-12-2012 11:14 AM)Humakt Wrote:  As for the tree, thats proscribed in Leviticus, that aside its another northern european fertility symbol. If by we, you mean christians, I dont belong in that we, if you mean society maybe where you live, here chirst barely gets lip service its a day off at best an orgy of spending at worst. And easters all about nothing, or chocolate.

What a sad part of the world. Sad

Quote:Know next to nothing bout your gospel, I might read it if it didnt have a price tag attached.

Why should it be free? And if you won't pay 99 cents for the Kindle version, I hardly think you'd read it.

Quote: But thanks for the free sample. Dont think zombie is right though, Christ is articulate and clearly depicted as having returned to life, but whatever. As for works of fiction that inspire, I still prefer star trek the fluffy philosophy of inter stellar niceness, is far more appealing than the underlying bigotry of christian teachings, no matter how hippy Jesus gets he is still part of the old firm, I come not to replace, but to confirm, none shall enter but through me, christ says that you should be as strict as the strictest pharisee the message is clear, on earth cuddily wuddily, but for the rest of eternity its still convert or die, or rather face eternal torture. In the face of that kinda regime, anyone of good conscious can only resist and if resisting is not feasible refuse to comply. End of the day, Christ is the velvet glove.

There's not a lot of cuddily wuddily about Jesus. He was utterly uncompromising.

But you have fun looserly putting your faith in Star Trek. Hobo

A sad part of the world, I see your familiar the UK. As for why I should get it free didn't say I should and the kindle version is of no use without a kindle, theyre not mandatory you know. Yes indeed its the whole submit or die thing thats not for me. As for you last paragraph, I don't need the ulterior motive, what meaning there is my affair. I can only wish you well, your free to throw it back in face, but way to exemplify christs message. But, maybe I might as well be, but equally I might as well not be, if your suggesting serial killer is the default position then keep the faith brother for everyones. sake.

Legal Disclaimer: I am right, I reserve the right to be wrong without notice, opinions may change, your statutory rights are not affected, opinions expressed are not my own and are an approximation for the sake of communication.
25-12-2012, 12:20 PM
King of Kings
I pray to the nonexistent gods that you never lose faith, Egor. You have somehow developed the terrifying belief that without god people will be free to rape, murder and pillage all they like. Thankfully I've already raped and murdered everyone I'll ever rape or murder. It scares me that someone who has this attitude WITH Christ would be a complete monster without your fragile (and in this case, that's an understatement) faith. Just how long is your murder and rape wish list?

So keep on believing, Egor. The world is a safer place as long as you hang onto your fairy tales.

"All that is necessary for the triumph of Calvinism is that good Atheists do nothing." ~Eric Oh My
[+] 3 users Like Erxomai's post
25-12-2012, 12:31 PM
I live without a god. I am not a school shooter. My life has meaning because I enjoy it and the people in it. I don't care where I came from or what happens when I die.

You look at the bible as fiction. I look at your ideas as fiction derived from fiction.

...it would rather be a man... [who] plunges into scientific questions with which he has no real acquaintance, only to obscure them with aimless rhetoric, and distract the attention of his hearers from the real point at issue by eloquent digressions and skilled appeals to religious prejudice.
[+] 2 users Like guitar_nut's post
25-12-2012, 12:52 PM
(25-12-2012 09:18 AM)Egor Wrote:  
Quote:You strive to be a better person dude, do you not think you undo all that hard work when you have a go at people?
I have to try to wake you up by any means necessary. You have to wake up. I’m an alarm clock ringing the truth.
You can lead a horse to water but you cant make it drink.

With respect as well Ed your "truth" is not mine, im quite happy with my own personal version of god. I am part of the universe and the only judging of my actions is done by me.

If I tried to force that upon you, with no real evidence and when you started to question/doubt I was nasty to you. How would that make you feel? Would you listen to me?

For no matter how much I use these symbols, to describe symptoms of my existence.
You are your own emphasis.
So I say nothing.

-Bemore.
25-12-2012, 12:55 PM
King of Kings
(25-12-2012 12:52 PM)bemore Wrote:  
(25-12-2012 09:18 AM)Egor Wrote:  I have to try to wake you up by any means necessary. You have to wake up. I’m an alarm clock ringing the truth.
You can lead a horse to water but you cant make it drink.

With respect as well Ed your "truth" is not mine, im quite happy with my own personal version of god. I am part of the universe and the only judging of my actions is done by me.

If I tried to force that upon you, with no real evidence and when you started to question/doubt I was nasty to you. How would that make you feel? Would you listen to me?

I hardly listen to you now and I mostly agree with you. Consider

"All that is necessary for the triumph of Calvinism is that good Atheists do nothing." ~Eric Oh My
25-12-2012, 01:05 PM
(25-12-2012 12:55 PM)Erxomai Wrote:  
(25-12-2012 12:52 PM)bemore Wrote:  You can lead a horse to water but you cant make it drink.

I hardly listen to you now and I mostly agree with you. Consider
Too many prophets and not enough gods Weeping

For no matter how much I use these symbols, to describe symptoms of my existence.
You are your own emphasis.
So I say nothing.

-Bemore.
[+] 6 users Like bemore's post