King of Kings

Thread Rating:
  • 2 Votes - 1 Average
26-12-2012, 02:56 AM

RE: King of Kings
(25-12-2012 11:57 AM)Dom Wrote:  That's what you say when someone says something nice to you? You insult them? You have a very long way to go before you become a good person.

I know, I know, you’re part of that crowd that gets offended when someone tells them the truth. The only way to be polite to your type is to tell you only what you want to hear. So, you will always see me as rude. If I yelled at you, “Watch out!” just before you walked in front of a car, you’d say I had been rude to you.

So, bite me. I'm not a good person, and I never will be.

(25-12-2012 12:20 PM)Erxomai Wrote:  I pray to the nonexistent gods that you never lose faith, Egor. You have somehow developed the terrifying belief that without god people will be free to rape, murder and pillage all they like.

Laws at the point of a gun keep people in check. The strong oppress the weak. That’s it. But we think our laws stem from the way we think God wants humans to act. If there were no God, there would be no reason to be good, except to avoid punishment.

Quote: Thankfully I've already raped and murdered everyone I'll ever rape or murder. It scares me that someone who has this attitude WITH Christ would be a complete monster without your fragile (and in this case, that's an understatement) faith. Just how long is your murder and rape wish list?

You’re the only one talking about murder and rape here. Unsure

Quote:So keep on believing, Egor. The world is a safer place as long as you hang onto your fairy tales.

If there is no God, then “good” has no rational basis. No

(25-12-2012 12:52 PM)bemore Wrote:  With respect as well Ed your "truth" is not mine, im quite happy with my own personal version of god. I am part of the universe and the only judging of my actions is done by me.

If I tried to force that upon you, with no real evidence and when you started to question/doubt I was nasty to you. How would that make you feel? Would you listen to me?

You’ll listen to me. You’re hoping I can convince you. Having said that, you and I pretty much agree, given your first paragraph. God is monistic in nature. Ultimately, “God,” is not real, not in the sense of being “other.”

And as a Veridican, I believe the human purpose is to become Christ. And Christ is God conscious of Himself from within His creation.
I’m not a Christian.

(25-12-2012 02:46 PM)cufflink Wrote:  You're not so much offensive as pitiable.

Drinking Beverage

Quote:What you don't seem to realize is that you yourself are your own best advertisement for non-belief. If the statement above is an indication of what your faith has turned you into, who in their right mind would want to follow your path?

Why should you follow my path? Ever thought of thinking for yourself?

(25-12-2012 06:33 PM)Katiegal Wrote:  I kind of go on the assumption that there was a Jesus Christ, although I'm not sure if he had that exact name. I figure that he was probably a good public speaker and had charisma. He got his reputation for preaching hopeful sentiments to various groups of people he encountered. He was not the son of god, of course.

You know nothing about Jesus Christ. What I mean is that Jesus Christ is a character encountered in the Gospels. That’s it. No one knows anything about Jesus of Nazareth historically.

And it doesn’t even matter if he was a real person. That is completely unnecessary to the workings of the Gospel message. Nonetheless, I tend to think he probably existed as well, but we’ll never know, and it doesn’t really matter.

(25-12-2012 09:45 PM)Starcrash Wrote:  Why do you feel it's necessary to "separate Christ from the Christian Church"? Christian literally means "little Christ" and means "follower of Jesus Christ" by definition. It's like asking us to separate Allah from the Muslim Church.

The Christian Church has run its course. All it makes these days is atheists. Once the Gospels were made widely available to any individual who wanted a copy, there was no need for the Christian religion anymore.

Quote:Try this experiment -- read The God Delusion by Richard Dawkins.

Already did.

Quote:You've learned nothing. You're a waste of our time.

What are you trying to teach me? Shocking

(25-12-2012 10:08 PM)Phaedrus Wrote:  Didn't Egor have, like, 40 rep at one point?

I think the highest I’ve ever been is 17. It only goes up when I say things like, “God is impossible.” Then it goes down when I say, “Because God is all there is and God can’t have a God.” Laughat
Quote this message in a reply
26-12-2012, 05:57 AM
(26-12-2012 02:56 AM)Egor Wrote:  
(25-12-2012 09:45 PM)Starcrash Wrote:  Why do you feel it's necessary to "separate Christ from the Christian Church"? Christian literally means "little Christ" and means "follower of Jesus Christ" by definition. It's like asking us to separate Allah from the Muslim Church.

The Christian Church has run its course. All it makes these days is atheists. Once the Gospels were made widely available to any individual who wanted a copy, there was no need for the Christian religion anymore.

Quote:Try this experiment -- read The God Delusion by Richard Dawkins.

Already did.

Quote:You've learned nothing. You're a waste of our time.

What are you trying to teach me? Shocking

The Christian Church ... makes atheists? That must be the dumbest thing I've ever heard. An organization whose main purpose is passing on a belief in a god is not doing the exact opposite. Or do you define atheist as "anyone who doesn't believe exactly what I believe"?

And while it may seem contradictory for me to "teach you" despite saying you're not worth our time to teach, not every message is about you. Others look on and read. It's for their benefit, not for the benefit of the guy who is stubborn and close-minded in his faith.

My girlfriend is mad at me. Perhaps I shouldn't have tried cooking a stick in her non-stick pan.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
26-12-2012, 06:02 AM
(26-12-2012 02:56 AM)Egor Wrote:  
(25-12-2012 11:57 AM)Dom Wrote:  That's what you say when someone says something nice to you? You insult them? You have a very long way to go before you become a good person.

I know, I know, you’re part of that crowd that gets offended when someone tells them the truth. The only way to be polite to your type is to tell you only what you want to hear. So, you will always see me as rude. If I yelled at you, “Watch out!” just before you walked in front of a car, you’d say I had been rude to you.

So, bite me. I'm not a good person, and I never will be.

You know that isn't tue, you just willy nilly say things.

You have no manners is the issue. It's not what you say, it's how you say it. If belief in a god makes people more caring and considerate, you are the atheist here. And you don't have the excuse of being juvenile, or not eloquent. You just enjoy being offensive.

[Image: dobie.png]

Science is the process we've designed to be responsible for generating our best guess as to what the fuck is going on. Girly Man
Find all posts by this user
[+] 9 users Like Dom's post
26-12-2012, 06:07 AM
King of Kings
Egor just got DOMinated. Laughat

It was just a fucking apple man, we're sorry okay? Please stop the madness Laugh out load
~Izel
[+] 5 users Like Erxomai's post
26-12-2012, 09:17 AM
(25-12-2012 01:14 AM)Egor Wrote:  Too basal to even read the post. That's what atheism gives you, doesn't it: justification of utter human laziness?
What is a human if he is not striving to be greater than himself?
The irony... Drinking Beverage

"Religion has caused more misery to all of mankind in every stage of human history than any other single idea." --Madalyn Murray O'Hair
[+] 3 users Like Impulse's post
26-12-2012, 10:58 AM
Quote: think the highest I’ve ever been is 17. It only goes up when I say things like, “God is impossible.” Then it goes down when I say, “Because God is all there is and God can’t have a God.” [Image: laughat.gif]
You sure it's not because you're an ass?
Quote:You feel nothing. You strive for nothing. You value human life no more than dirt. You can't love others. You have no revelation of God, no revelation of Christ. You are simply waiting to die, and as far as you're concerned, it's taking forever.Why don't you have some self-respect for a change.
Bye.[Image: sleepy.gif]
Yeah that's not the reason why people rep you down, totally not a reason. Wink

Bury me with my guns on, so when I reach the other side - I can show him what it feels like to die.
Bury me with my guns on, so when I'm cast out of the sky, I can shoot the devil right between the eyes.
26-12-2012, 11:31 AM
Delusions layered on top of delusions shows me that you cannot handle reality.

It would seem so many people prefer to remain in the dark.
It almost reminds me of the Cylons in the newer Battlestar Galactica. As machines they had the ability to alter reality by layering a virtual reality on top of it. A metal hallway on a ship, cold and grey, they could see any way they wished.

It could be a library, a garden, or even filled with people having conversations only they could hear.

This is what it's like to have a delusion. It bars you from viewing reality.

Insanity - doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results
[+] 1 user Likes Rahn127's post
26-12-2012, 11:40 AM
(26-12-2012 11:31 AM)Rahn127 Wrote:  Delusions layered on top of delusions shows me that you cannot handle reality.

It would seem so many people prefer to remain in the dark.
It almost reminds me of the Cylons in the newer Battlestar Galactica. As machines they had the ability to alter reality by layering a virtual reality on top of it. A metal hallway on a ship, cold and grey, they could see any way they wished.

It could be a library, a garden, or even filled with people having conversations only they could hear.

This is what it's like to have a delusion. It bars you from viewing reality.

Egor is a Cylon.
Makes sense.
Drinking Beverage

It was just a fucking apple man, we're sorry okay? Please stop the madness Laugh out load
~Izel
26-12-2012, 12:30 PM
(26-12-2012 02:56 AM)Egor Wrote:  If there were no God, there would be no reason to be good, except to avoid punishment.
If there is a god, there is no reason to be good other than to avoid punishment (Hell). Drinking Beverage

[Image: 7oDSbD4.gif]
[+] 4 users Like Vosur's post
26-12-2012, 12:42 PM
(26-12-2012 02:56 AM)Egor Wrote:  You’ll listen to me. You’re hoping I can convince you. Having said that, you and I pretty much agree, given your first paragraph. God is monistic in nature. Ultimately, “God,” is not real, not in the sense of being “other.”

And as a Veridican, I believe the human purpose is to become Christ. And Christ is God conscious of Himself from within His creation.
I’m not a Christian.
What I dont get dude is with my belief im quite content to let people think what they want, even when they question it because the truth of the matter is I have held many different beliefs throughout my life so what does that say about my current belief today... no matter how much I believe it to be true?

Whats the difference between me and you in our beliefs? Im thinking that maybe you were taught religion growing up and I wasnt. You speak of human purpose to evolve your consciousness (to become Christ) and I think we all evolve our consciousness through the thoughts we have, the choices we make, the things/emotions we feel.... life itself.

Why do you need to feel that you have to push this to some degree. Maybe pushing is the wrong word but insisting that what you are saying is the truth. Where does that come from dude? Is it the religion or is it you?

With respect me and you have allways got on but you are quite nasty to people who question you...again is that you or is that the religion?

I think my own spiritual/consciousness learning comes when I question myself and why I believe the things I do, like when I realised I was racist for no reason other than I had been taught/was copying everyone around me... like how I realised that if I hold just one belief even for a second it shuts me off from every other potential belief.... so with that who am I to judge, I cant even fully describe feelings through different mediums (music, creativity, writing, speaking,sex etc) never mind the universe.

Huh

For no matter how much I use these symbols, to describe symptoms of my existence.
You are your own emphasis.
So I say nothing.

-Bemore.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 4 users Like bemore's post