King of Kings

Thread Rating:
  • 2 Votes - 1 Average
25-12-2012, 12:56 AM

Rainbow King of Kings
Today, December 25, 2012, we celebrate the birth of Jesus Christ, the Son of God, the Way, the Truth, and the Life, the Light of mankind shining in the darkness.

I pity the atheists who cannot separate Christ from the Christian Church; they remain in darkness, and they remain victims of the darkness. The reason I have never been successful at being an atheist, and the reason I have never been successful as a Christian is because of what happened in 1993.

In 1993, I tried an experiment: I read the Gospel of John, and when I did, I pretended I had never heard of it before. I pretended I had never heard of Christ, or the Church, or anything. I was just a man stranded on an island and this Gospel got washed up on the shore.

In reading it that way, and I realized immediately what I was looking at: This was a fictional story about me. Various aspects of my personality were represented by the various characters, and the ultimate being I was striving to be was Jesus Christ. I was amazed. Suddenly all the secret meanings, all the riddles, all the symbols and ideas of Christ became obvious. The Gospel was a story by me, for me.

That led me down a path that has never stopped in my life since then. I marvel at who could have written the Gospels way back when—who inspired the writers to write what they wrote? Where did they get the wisdom? I came to the reasonable conclusion that there must have actually been a person like Jesus Christ. I don’t know anything about him, because the Gospels are a fictional account and a teaching tool. They are designed to create a spiritual change in any person who reads them. But there must have been a person who inspired them. We call him Jesus Christ, the Son of God.

The following lyrics from the song, Iris by the Goo Goo Dolls sums up how I feel about Christ in my life:

And all I can taste is this moment
And all I can breathe is your life
And sooner or later it's over
I just don't want to miss you tonight

And now that midnight has passed, it is his birthday, and we have not missed him. Yvonne Eliman puts it well:

Merry Christmas!
Quote this message in a reply
25-12-2012, 01:02 AM
King of Kings
I pity people who think they need a king at this point in our evolution. Talk about a passé belief. Laughat

"All that is necessary for the triumph of Calvinism is that good Atheists do nothing." ~Eric Oh My
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 14 users Like Erxomai's post
25-12-2012, 01:14 AM

RE: King of Kings
Too basal to even read the post. That's what atheism gives you, doesn't it: justification of utter human laziness?
What is a human if he is not striving to be greater than himself?
25-12-2012, 01:32 AM (This post was last modified: 25-12-2012 07:08 AM by Bucky Ball.)
(25-12-2012 01:02 AM)Erxomai Wrote:  I pity people who think they need a king at this point in our evolution. Talk about a passé belief. Laughat
Jebus can be my assistant vice-president, for Censored affairs.
Come to think of it, I think it would be interesting to keep graphs of data charts of certain people's rep data. It appears there is a Fibonacci "retracement" going on here. Weeping
As you can see, the king's Grand Vizier is a bit grumpy on the king's birthday.

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein Certified Ancient Astronaut Theorist
Isaiah 45:7 "I form the light, and create darkness: I make peace, and create evil: I the LORD do all these things" (KJV)

[+] 1 user Likes Bucky Ball's post
25-12-2012, 01:34 AM
King of Kings
(25-12-2012 01:14 AM)Egor Wrote:  Too basal to even read the post. That's what atheism gives you, doesn't it: justification of utter human laziness?
What is a human if he is not striving to be greater than himself?

Which part are you falsely accusing me of not reading?

But I suppose it's your laziness as a weak minded person who can't handle reality without an imaginary friend that caused you to accuse me of something totally false.

"All that is necessary for the triumph of Calvinism is that good Atheists do nothing." ~Eric Oh My
[+] 2 users Like Erxomai's post
25-12-2012, 03:22 AM

You feel nothing. You strive for nothing. You value human life no more than dirt. You can't love others. You have no revelation of God, no revelation of Christ. You are simply waiting to die, and as far as you're concerned, it's taking forever.
Why don't you have some self-respect for a change.
Bye.Sleepy
25-12-2012, 03:31 AM
Congrats on your black belt Ed Thumbsup

You strive to be a better person dude, do you not think you undo all that hard work when you have a go at people?

For no matter how much I use these symbols, to describe symptoms of my existence.
You are your own emphasis.
So I say nothing.

-Bemore.
[+] 2 users Like bemore's post
25-12-2012, 04:04 AM
Thanks for that. It reads well.

I had a similar experience i.e. reading a well know tale as if it was the first time.

It was an interesting experiment.

Similar conclusion.

Merry Frodomas.

[+] 2 users Like DLJ's post
25-12-2012, 05:25 AM
I'd rather celebrate the birth of Isaac Newton today. An infinitely better man than Jesus. Big Grin

[Image: opforum1.png]
[+] 3 users Like frankiej's post
25-12-2012, 05:26 AM
You're a strange person Egor O.o

“What you believe to be true will control you, whether it’s true or not.”

—Jeremy LaBorde
[+] 1 user Likes ideasonscribe's post