King of Kings

Thread Rating:
  • 2 Votes - 1 Average
25-12-2012, 09:18 AM

RE: King of Kings
(25-12-2012 03:31 AM)bemore Wrote:  Congrats on your black belt Ed Thumbsup

Thanks, Bemore. Shy

Quote:You strive to be a better person dude, do you not think you undo all that hard work when you have a go at people?

I have to try to wake you up by any means necessary. You have to wake up. I’m an alarm clock ringing the truth.

(25-12-2012 05:25 AM)frankiej Wrote:  I'd rather celebrate the birth of Isaac Newton today. An infinitely better man than Jesus. Big Grin

Isaac Newton wouldn’t have thought so. He worshiped Jesus Christ.

(25-12-2012 05:26 AM)ideasonscribe Wrote:  You're a strange person Egor O.o
Thanks. I have to work really hard at it, but I’m getting there bit by bit.

(25-12-2012 07:18 AM)Anjele Wrote:  Oh goodie, an Egor slam and run for Christmas...what a wonderful way to represent for the Christians on their most hallowed of days.

I’m not running. In fact, I’m sending yet another small donation to the forum. This is one of the best forums on the web, and we should all be supporting it. It doesn’t have to be a lot, but everyone should send something.

(25-12-2012 07:28 AM)Humakt Wrote:  Not sure if Christmas is their most hallowed day, Easter has to be the biggy.

Easter isn’t important for atheists. Christmas should be, but Easter is for those who recognize what Christ is and who put their faith in Jesus Christ.

(25-12-2012 08:29 AM)Dom Wrote:  Tsk, tsk! Don't be nasty on christmas, Egor. Actually, don't ever be nasty, I doubt your god likes it.
Even you have to appeal to my God.

Quote:That said, have a nice christmas.

You, too, Dom. Shy

UPDATE: Actually, I didn't make my usual donation, instead I bought Seth Andrew's new book De-Converted: A Journey from Religion to Reason.

[Image: 61aeb0e08a7f76a4c1a19e04b4ff5873.image.166x250.jpg]

I bought the Kindle version. I'm sure it will be very enlightening.
Quote this message in a reply
[+] 3 users Like Egor's post
25-12-2012, 09:19 AM
[Image: troll-meme.png]

[Image: IcJnQOT.gif]
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes Vosur's post
25-12-2012, 09:31 AM
(25-12-2012 09:18 AM)Egor Wrote:  
(25-12-2012 03:31 AM)bemore Wrote:  Congrats on your black belt Ed Thumbsup

Thanks, Bemore. Shy

Quote:You strive to be a better person dude, do you not think you undo all that hard work when you have a go at people?

I have to try to wake you up by any means necessary. You have to wake up. I’m an alarm clock ringing the truth.

(25-12-2012 05:25 AM)frankiej Wrote:  I'd rather celebrate the birth of Isaac Newton today. An infinitely better man than Jesus. Big Grin

(25-12-2012 05:26 AM)ideasonscribe Wrote:  You're a strange person Egor O.o

(25-12-2012 07:18 AM)Anjele Wrote:  Oh goodie, an Egor slam and run for Christmas...what a wonderful way to represent for the Christians on their most hallowed of days.

I’m not running. In fact, I’m sending yet another small donation to the forum. This is one of the best forums on the web, and we should all be supporting it. It doesn’t have to be a lot, but everyone should send something.

(25-12-2012 07:28 AM)Humakt Wrote:  Not sure if Christmas is their most hallowed day, Easter has to be the biggy.

Easter isn’t important for atheists. Christmas should be, but Easter is for those who recognize what Christ is and who put their faith in Jesus Christ.

(25-12-2012 08:29 AM)Dom Wrote:  Tsk, tsk! Don't be nasty on christmas, Egor. Actually, don't ever be nasty, I doubt your god likes it.

Quote:That said, have a nice christmas.

You, too, Dom. Shy
So wait, the first person to genuinely wish you a happy Christmas on this thread gets ignored? Sadcryface

It's ok, there are no cliffs in Florida so I won't be leaping off of one to be dashed to smithereens by the rocky crag below. Wink

Drinking Beverage Grab a cuppa' joe; sit-n-read my blog for a spell: www.vaweber.wordpress.com
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes Percepticon's post
25-12-2012, 09:39 AM
(25-12-2012 09:18 AM)Egor Wrote:  

?, I was talking to the point someone made about Christmas being christians most hallowed day, I also you'll note use the word their (referring to christians), not my, or our. And really, hate to break it to you, but the popular symbols of easter are not christ crucified to save our souls, its bunnies and eggs all symbols of fertility from other less "kosher" faith systems. The very name easter, derives from Eastre the Goddess of offspring and newborns worshipped by the anglo saxons. But, I suspect you know that already.

Legal Disclaimer: I am right, I reserve the right to be wrong without notice, opinions may change, your statutory rights are not affected, opinions expressed are not my own and are an approximation for the sake of communication.
25-12-2012, 09:41 AM
(25-12-2012 09:31 AM)Percepticon Wrote:  
(25-12-2012 09:18 AM)Egor Wrote:  Thanks, Bemore. Shy

You, too, Dom. Shy
So wait, the first person to genuinely wish you a happy Christmas on this thread gets ignored? Sadcryface

It's ok, there are no cliffs in Florida so I won't be leaping off of one to be dashed to smithereens by the rocky crag below. Wink
Dont fret Dom, I dont merit reciprocation of the sentiment either.

Legal Disclaimer: I am right, I reserve the right to be wrong without notice, opinions may change, your statutory rights are not affected, opinions expressed are not my own and are an approximation for the sake of communication.
25-12-2012, 09:43 AM

(25-12-2012 09:19 AM)Vosur Wrote:  Vosur's image

Excuse me: How is trying to save your soul from hell (whatever that might be) on Christmas day an example of hate? That's such a knee-jerk response by the left that it doesn't even have an impact any longer. Hate? You think I spend my time hating atheists? You're the only one's I talk to. Weeping

(25-12-2012 09:31 AM)Percepticon Wrote:  So wait, the first person to genuinely wish you a happy Christmas on this thread gets ignored? Sadcryface

Sorry. I thought I included yours in the multiquote. That's what I get for thinking. Merry Christmas to you, as well, and may Christ fill your soul, even as he has filled mine with truth and life. Yes
[+] 1 user Likes Egor's post
25-12-2012, 09:52 AM

(25-12-2012 09:39 AM)Humakt Wrote:  I was talking to the point someone made about Christmas being christians most hallowed day, I also you'll note use the word their (referring to christians), not my, or our. And really, hate to break it to you, but the popular symbols of easter are not christ crucified to save our souls, its bunnies and eggs all symbols of fertility from other less "kosher" faith systems. The very name easter, derives from Eastre the Goddess of offspring and newborns worshipped by the anglo saxons. But, I suspect you know that already.

Popular symbols of Christmas and Easter don't matter. I'm looking at our lit Christmas tree, and to be quite honest, I have no idea what it's supposed to mean. Nevertheless, Christmas is the day we celebrate Jesus' birthday, and Easter is the day we celebrate his resurrection from the dead.

Now, for the record. The Veridican Gospel of Jesus Christ does not include a birth narrative, and I personally don't believe the body of Jesus of Nazareth rose from the dead. The symbolism of the birth narrative in Matthew and Luke is important, I believe, but not really part of the Gospel. There is no hope in a body rising from a tomb like a zombie, so I refuse to believe that's what really happened. Rather the symbolism, and even the hidden meaning behind the resurrection, is what matters.

Remember: The Gospels are not history. They are a fictional account intended to cause a spiritual change within the reader. You read it, and you start thinking about things like, What is truth? What is life? What is death? What is the human purpose? What is God really like? How does this apply to me? etc.
25-12-2012, 09:56 AM
Or, read Seth's books when it gets here. Expected to contain some actual fact and real life experience. Doubt I will have to spend a lot of time trying to decode riddles.

See here they are, the bruises, some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF

“Stab the body and it heals, but injure the heart and the wound lasts a lifetime.”
― Mineko Iwasaki
25-12-2012, 10:04 AM
(25-12-2012 09:43 AM)Egor Wrote:  Excuse me: How is trying to save your soul from hell (whatever that might be) on Christmas day an example of hate? That's such a knee-jerk response by the left that it doesn't even have an impact any longer. Hate? You think I spend my time hating atheists? You're the only one's I talk to. Weeping
Trying to save our souls from hell on Christmas day is an example of trolling, not hate. Drinking Beverage

[Image: IcJnQOT.gif]
25-12-2012, 10:16 AM
King of Kings
(25-12-2012 09:52 AM)Egor Wrote:  
(25-12-2012 09:39 AM)Humakt Wrote:  I was talking to the point someone made about Christmas being christians most hallowed day, I also you'll note use the word their (referring to christians), not my, or our. And really, hate to break it to you, but the popular symbols of easter are not christ crucified to save our souls, its bunnies and eggs all symbols of fertility from other less "kosher" faith systems. The very name easter, derives from Eastre the Goddess of offspring and newborns worshipped by the anglo saxons. But, I suspect you know that already.

Popular symbols of Christmas and Easter don't matter. I'm looking at our lit Christmas tree, and to be quite honest, I have no idea what it's supposed to mean. Nevertheless, Christmas is the day we celebrate Jesus' birthday, and Easter is the day we celebrate his resurrection from the dead.

Now, for the record. The Veridican Gospel of Jesus Christ does not include a birth narrative, and I personally don't believe the body of Jesus of Nazareth rose from the dead. The symbolism of the birth narrative in Matthew and Luke is important, I believe, but not really part of the Gospel. There is no hope in a body rising from a tomb like a zombie, so I refuse to believe that's what really happened. Rather the symbolism, and even the hidden meaning behind the resurrection, is what matters.

Remember: The Gospels are not history. They are a fictional account intended to cause a spiritual change within the reader. You read it, and you start thinking about things like, What is truth? What is life? What is death? What is the human purpose? What is God really like? How does this apply to me? etc.

Funny. I had the same reaction to The Hobbit.
Well, except for the god stuff.

Why bother saving our souls? If, as you say, the gospels are fiction, there is no reason to believe in such a thing as hell, and certainly no reason to believe a soul exists.

Since god is all and all is god, there really is little to be saved from, per your own statements.

Merry Christmas anyway.

"All that is necessary for the triumph of Calvinism is that good Atheists do nothing." ~Eric Oh My
[+] 1 user Likes Erxomai's post