King of Kings

Thread Rating:
  • 2 Votes - 1 Average
25-12-2012, 01:09 PM
RE: King of Kings
[Image: jesus-devil-wrestle-evil-good-graphics-o...a2a789.jpg]

Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities. -- Voltaire
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
25-12-2012, 01:37 PM
(25-12-2012 01:09 PM)ddrew Wrote:  [Image: jesus-devil-wrestle-evil-good-graphics-o...a2a789.jpg]

Awe... the twins are so cute, vying for the most attention... and on their supposed birthday, too. Shy

I think in the end, I just feel like I'm a secular person who has a skeptical eye toward any extraordinary claim, carefully examining any extraordinary evidence before jumping to conclusions. ~ Eric ~ My friend ... who figured it out.
[+] 2 users Like kim's post
25-12-2012, 01:40 PM
Satan will win. JC's wearing clothes. Clothes catch fire. Arm wrestling while on fire - not going to happen.
[+] 2 users Like morondog's post
25-12-2012, 02:04 PM
Why is Jesus white in most pictures?

Did he not go out in the hot middle eastern sun?

He will need to supplement his vitamin D intake if thats the case Consider

Maybe FZU can give him a diet plan.

For no matter how much I use these symbols, to describe symptoms of my existence.
You are your own emphasis.
So I say nothing.

-Bemore.
[+] 4 users Like bemore's post
25-12-2012, 02:16 PM
Ew - JC is looking a tad pasty. Sadcryface

Maybe his character wasn't going to be killed, rather he was just sickly and died. Then, they had to make something up to be more "believable" for the already rabid cult following.

Never know what goes on behind the scenes of these tall tales and legends. Wink

I think in the end, I just feel like I'm a secular person who has a skeptical eye toward any extraordinary claim, carefully examining any extraordinary evidence before jumping to conclusions. ~ Eric ~ My friend ... who figured it out.
[+] 3 users Like kim's post
25-12-2012, 02:20 PM
If he had an already rabid cult following then announcing 'your boy didn't die of skin cancer, we nailed him to a tree' is like... yeah, that's a *brave* PR department there...
[+] 1 user Likes morondog's post
25-12-2012, 02:46 PM
(25-12-2012 03:22 AM)Egor Wrote:  You feel nothing. You strive for nothing. You value human life no more than dirt. You can't love others. You have no revelation of God, no revelation of Christ. You are simply waiting to die, and as far as you're concerned, it's taking forever.
Why don't you have some self-respect for a change.
Bye.Sleepy

You're not so much offensive as pitiable.

What you don't seem to realize is that you yourself are your own best advertisement for non-belief. If the statement above is an indication of what your faith has turned you into, who in their right mind would want to follow your path?

Religious disputes are like arguments in a madhouse over which inmate really is Napoleon.
[+] 4 users Like cufflink's post
25-12-2012, 03:45 PM
The almighty probably provided a really good sunscreen.

Good leadership is so important. Dodgy
25-12-2012, 04:18 PM (This post was last modified: 25-12-2012 08:28 PM by fstratzero.)
(25-12-2012 12:56 AM)Egor Wrote:  Today, December 25, 2012, we celebrate the birth of Jesus Christ, the Son of God, the Way, the Truth, and the Life, the Light of mankind shining in the darkness.

I pity the atheists who cannot separate Christ from the Christian Church; they remain in darkness, and they remain victims of the darkness. The reason I have never been successful at being an atheist, and the reason I have never been successful as a Christian is because of what happened in 1993.

In 1993, I tried an experiment: I read the Gospel of John, and when I did, I pretended I had never heard of it before. I pretended I had never heard of Christ, or the Church, or anything. I was just a man stranded on an island and this Gospel got washed up on the shore.

In reading it that way, and I realized immediately what I was looking at: This was a fictional story about me. Various aspects of my personality were represented by the various characters, and the ultimate being I was striving to be was Jesus Christ. I was amazed. Suddenly all the secret meanings, all the riddles, all the symbols and ideas of Christ became obvious. The Gospel was a story by me, for me.

That led me down a path that has never stopped in my life since then. I marvel at who could have written the Gospels way back when—who inspired the writers to write what they wrote? Where did they get the wisdom? I came to the reasonable conclusion that there must have actually been a person like Jesus Christ. I don’t know anything about him, because the Gospels are a fictional account and a teaching tool. They are designed to create a spiritual change in any person who reads them. But there must have been a person who inspired them. We call him Jesus Christ, the Son of God.

The following lyrics from the song, Iris by the Goo Goo Dolls sums up how I feel about Christ in my life:

And all I can taste is this moment
And all I can breathe is your life
And sooner or later it's over
I just don't want to miss you tonight

And now that midnight has passed, it is his birthday, and we have not missed him. Yvonne Eliman puts it well:

Merry Christmas!

Fictional stories do not accurately depict reality. No matter how you emotionally connect to a character, the emotional connection does not make it a reality.

Ps The king of kings translates into the tyrant of tyrants.

Member of the Cult of Reason

The atheist is a man who destroys the imaginary things which afflict the human race, and so leads men back to nature, to experience and to reason.
-Baron d'Holbach-
Bitcion:1DNeQMswMdvx4xLPP6qNE7RkeTwXGC7Bzp
25-12-2012, 04:35 PM
King of Kings
(25-12-2012 04:18 PM)fstratzero Wrote:  
(25-12-2012 12:56 AM)Egor Wrote:  Today, December 25, 2012, we celebrate the birth of Jesus Christ, the Son of God, the Way, the Truth, and the Life, the Light of mankind shining in the darkness.

I pity the atheists who cannot separate Christ from the Christian Church; they remain in darkness, and they remain victims of the darkness. The reason I have never been successful at being an atheist, and the reason I have never been successful as a Christian is because of what happened in 1993.

In 1993, I tried an experiment: I read the Gospel of John, and when I did, I pretended I had never heard of it before. I pretended I had never heard of Christ, or the Church, or anything. I was just a man stranded on an island and this Gospel got washed up on the shore.

In reading it that way, and I realized immediately what I was looking at: This was a fictional story about me. Various aspects of my personality were represented by the various characters, and the ultimate being I was striving to be was Jesus Christ. I was amazed. Suddenly all the secret meanings, all the riddles, all the symbols and ideas of Christ became obvious. The Gospel was a story by me, for me.

That led me down a path that has never stopped in my life since then. I marvel at who could have written the Gospels way back when—who inspired the writers to write what they wrote? Where did they get the wisdom? I came to the reasonable conclusion that there must have actually been a person like Jesus Christ. I don’t know anything about him, because the Gospels are a fictional account and a teaching tool. They are designed to create a spiritual change in any person who reads them. But there must have been a person who inspired them. We call him Jesus Christ, the Son of God.

The following lyrics from the song, Iris by the Goo Goo Dolls sums up how I feel about Christ in my life:

And all I can taste is this moment
And all I can breathe is your life
And sooner or later it's over
I just don't want to miss you tonight

And now that midnight has passed, it is his birthday, and we have not missed him. Yvonne Eliman puts it well:

Merry Christmas!

Fictional stories do not accurately depict reality. No matter how you emotionally connect to a character, the emotional connection does not make it a reality.

Except for The Hobbit.

"All that is necessary for the triumph of Calvinism is that good Atheists do nothing." ~Eric Oh My
[+] 1 user Likes Erxomai's post

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  King James Version RobbyPants 22 406 17-06-2014 11:18 AM
Last Post: Minimalist
  King of the Jews Paleophyte 23 531 23-12-2013 06:19 AM
Last Post: Diogenes of Mayberry