Kings and peasants alike.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
18-06-2014, 11:20 AM
Kings and peasants alike.
The old man says this every time someone dies. I picked it up and say it too. But I wonder if this will always be the case. If some day we find the secret of immortality will the poor be able to afford it?Will the only true equalizer disappear? I think it won't be such a great discovery for peasants.
I'd like to hear your perspective on this. What do you think it might do to society. But mostly I'd like to know what you would give for immortality. $1million?$1 billion. Your first born?
I'd probably give all I have.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes Drunkin Druid's post
18-06-2014, 11:21 AM
RE: Kings and peasants alike.
(18-06-2014 11:20 AM)Drunkin Druid Wrote:  The old man says this every time someone dies. I picked it up and say it too. But I wonder if this will always be the case. If some day we find the secret of immortality will the poor be able to afford it?Will the only true equalizer disappear? I think it won't be such a great discovery for peasants.
I'd like to hear your perspective on this. What do you think it might do to society. But mostly I'd like to know what you would give for immortality. $1million?$1 billion. Your first born?
I'd probably give all I have.

Just to be clear. The old man is my father and the thing he says is the title of this thread.... Because you know.. Some people won't get that.
18-06-2014, 11:43 AM
I'll pay you a million NOT to live forever. Even if you give me a body that will never malfunction on any level, I still would not want to live forever. Oh, the horror of the thought!

[Image: dobie.png]Science is the process we've designed to be responsible for generating our best guess as to what the fuck is going on. Girly Man
18-06-2014, 11:59 AM
(18-06-2014 11:43 AM)Dom Wrote:  I'll pay you a million NOT to live forever. Even if you give me a body that will never malfunction on any level, I still would not want to live forever. Oh, the horror of the thought!

I'm with you. It's an idea that only sounds good on paper.

We have enough youth. How about looking for the Fountain of Smart?
18-06-2014, 12:11 PM
Care to elaborate?
18-06-2014, 12:19 PM
I'd be up for biological immortality, but not immunity from death.

I want to be able to take myself out once I get bored.

[Image: giphy.gif]
[+] 3 users Like Tartarus Sauce's post
18-06-2014, 12:28 PM
Bah. Yall lack imagination if you cant keep yourself busy forever Wink
18-06-2014, 12:37 PM
(18-06-2014 12:19 PM)Tartarus Sauce Wrote:  I'd be up for biological immortality, but not immunity from death.

I want to be able to take myself out once I get bored.
As we learned in Highlander nobody can survive a beheading.
18-06-2014, 12:38 PM
(18-06-2014 12:28 PM)Hobbitgirl Wrote:  Bah. Yall lack imagination if you cant keep yourself busy forever Wink

What she said.
18-06-2014, 12:38 PM
Living forever? Would our bodies still age, so if we bought immortality and continued life for 1000 years, we would look 1000 years old?

Yeah, probably not. Don't want to eventually look like a raisin with no eyes. No

If I had the choice to be an immortal teen forever... that's a different story. Yes

However, how life is right now, we're all living in economic depressions and social hell. I'll cross my fingers and hope I die before I'm 30.

Big Grin
[+] 1 user Likes Ferdinand's post