Kings and peasants alike.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
18-06-2014, 02:03 PM
RE: Kings and peasants alike.
I don't assume you could ever retire then. I'd rather have my 20 to 30 years of retirement.

Being a teenager is hard, then in your 20s the mating game is not always easy, then you have kids which may be fun until they start going into their teenage years, then you are an empty nester and that hurts.

All through that you work and work and work. I did enjoy my work, but there comes a time when you should be able to just enjoy the fruit of your labor.

That is so far my wayyyyyyy favorite time of life. Screw the wrinkles, I am past the dating game and couldn't care less if I have wrinkles. I don't worry about much anymore, so many things that were cause for drama in younger years are now just not at all important anymore. I shudder to think how much time I wasted worrying about shit that I now can't even remember.

If you could be immortal and retire at the same age, then it would be fun to pursue any number of interests.

But then again, I think the world is going to hell in a hand basket and maybe I don't actually want to stick around to see how we self destruct.

So - I pass.

[Image: dobie.png]Science is the process we've designed to be responsible for generating our best guess as to what the fuck is going on. Girly Man
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes Dom's post
18-06-2014, 02:20 PM
(18-06-2014 12:38 PM)Ferdinand Wrote:  However, how life is right now, we're all living in economic depressions and social hell. I'll cross my fingers and hope I die before I'm 30.

30 used to seem ancient to me too Tongue Now that I'm there or thereabouts... no so much Big Grin

I dunno. I'd not be to fazed by the chance to live a bit longer. Even if it is an economic depression. What the hell, as long as I'm not starving... even if I'm starving... still might as well wait it out and see, at worst I'll die anyway. Maybe someone will give me a potato... mmmm... potato...

We'll love you just the way you are
If you're perfect -- Alanis Morissette
(06-02-2014 03:47 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  And I'm giving myself a conclusion again from all the facepalming.
18-06-2014, 02:46 PM
(18-06-2014 12:28 PM)Hobbitgirl Wrote:  Bah. Yall lack imagination if you cant keep yourself busy forever Wink

It's not an issue of imagination; eventually you would have lived long enough to literally have done everything, and then everything will be pretty damn boring.

The people closely associated with the namesake of female canines are suffering from a nondescript form of lunacy.
"Anti-environmentalism is like standing in front of a forest and going 'quick kill them they're coming right for us!'" - Jake Farr-Wharton, The Imaginary Friend Show.
18-06-2014, 02:48 PM
(18-06-2014 02:46 PM)Free Thought Wrote:  
(18-06-2014 12:28 PM)Hobbitgirl Wrote:  Bah. Yall lack imagination if you cant keep yourself busy forever Wink

It's not an issue of imagination; eventually you would have lived long enough to literally have done everything, and then everything will be pretty damn boring.

That would never happen. The world changes immensely and would continue to do so. Imagine your great great grand parents in the middle of New York city today. The last thing they would say is that there is nothing new to do.

[Image: dobie.png]Science is the process we've designed to be responsible for generating our best guess as to what the fuck is going on. Girly Man
18-06-2014, 02:49 PM
The idea of living forever is a horror to me and just as bad as the Christian idea of eternal life in Heaven. That is bullshit. At some point along the way, maybe a thousand years from now, maybe a hundred thousand years from now, you will figure out all of the secrets of the universe. When that happens, you will be facing an eternity of boredom. An eternity is a long fucking time and it would make me crazier than a bedbug. Gasp
18-06-2014, 02:57 PM
If I could have an after life I would want it to be like a theater. I want to see how the universe goes until its end. I want to see what life will evolve on earth after I die. I want to see the sun splode. My after life would be me with a bunch of food watching the universe till it dies.

[Image: Guilmon-41189.gif] https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCOW_Ioi2wtuPa88FvBmnBgQ my youtube
[+] 1 user Likes Metazoa Zeke's post
18-06-2014, 03:07 PM

That is... you will have done everything until someone comes up with a new idea.
[+] 1 user Likes Drunkin Druid's post
18-06-2014, 03:11 PM
(18-06-2014 02:48 PM)Dom Wrote:  
(18-06-2014 02:46 PM)Free Thought Wrote:  It's not an issue of imagination; eventually you would have lived long enough to literally have done everything, and then everything will be pretty damn boring.

That would never happen. The world changes immensely and would continue to do so. Imagine your great great grand parents in the middle of New York city today. The last thing they would say is that there is nothing new to do.

With the effectively infinite time immortality produces, we would eventually hit the point of physical limitation on our technological ability and stagnate.

And I can't imagine my great, great grandparents in the middle of New York. Not only do I not have detailed enough understanding to allow visualisation, I'm pretty sure my great, great grandparents would never have visited New York; as far as I know they'd be busy some place in England. Perhaps in Germany or France, since thems where me lines come from...

The people closely associated with the namesake of female canines are suffering from a nondescript form of lunacy.
"Anti-environmentalism is like standing in front of a forest and going 'quick kill them they're coming right for us!'" - Jake Farr-Wharton, The Imaginary Friend Show.
18-06-2014, 03:16 PM

You cant know that. Things change all the time, and if you were immortal, thats a lot of changes you cant even begin to imagine.

*edit* They beat me too it.
18-06-2014, 03:39 PM (This post was last modified: 19-06-2014 12:56 PM by kingschosen.)
[Image: VUfMse9.jpg]

[Image: dog-shaking.gif]