KingsChosen, I Challenge You To A Debate On the Existence of God
Thread Closed 

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
08-01-2013, 09:13 PM
RE: KingsChosen, I Challenge You To A Debate On the Existence of God
I do not wish to distract. This is just something I had not thought of before...

(08-01-2013 01:02 PM)kingschosen Wrote:  ...
I will be defending the existence of an omniscient, omnipresent, omnipotence Christian God.

(08-01-2013 04:41 PM)kingschosen Wrote:  ...
Faith is not knowledge. If you have you knowledge, then you cannot have faith.

Sooooo...
God cannot have Faith because god has all knowledge.

If god is incapable of having faith (by definition) then god cannot be all powerful.

Therefore god cannot be both omniscient and omnipotent.

Fortunately, as god is omnipresent, he/she/it is here with be now so I will ask for clarification and get back to you with an answer.

No

Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes DLJ's post
08-01-2013, 09:15 PM
You're a nice guy and all, but it's near impossible to successfully debate someone like you who lives in his own reality.
You're going in this 'For The Bible Tells Me So' circle again.
I'm pretty sure that you could be as rational as myself in most other things, like most religious people are.
God is their only exception.

Cool story, bro. Drinking Beverage
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
08-01-2013, 09:21 PM
Oi reid srsly KC is a total baller and is firmly entrencbed in his beliefs. It'll take a lot more than what you and I can throw to do anything to his arguments because they are based on non-empirical evidence. This means that the points we are used to arguing with no longer apply. Something like what DLJ said works because it is entirely based off of logic rather than solid or measurable things.

When you are courting a nice girl an hour seems like a second. When you sit on a red-hot cinder a second seems like an hour. That's relativity.

You cannot successfully determine beforehand which side of the bread to butter.
08-01-2013, 09:25 PM
(08-01-2013 09:15 PM)Refuting_Ignorance_Every_Day Wrote:  You're a nice guy and all, but it's near impossible to successfully debate someone like you who lives in his own reality.
You're going in this 'For The Bible Tells Me So' circle again.
I'm pretty sure that you could be as rational as myself in most other things, like most religious people are.
God is their only exception.
Ad hominems now, eh?

I'm not using "For the Bible Tells Me So". Have you read anything I've written?

I'm using the Bible because you have never established what evidence can be used when debating the metaphysical God. Moreover, I'm using the Bible because you used it as evidence to bolster your claim.

You are not being rational, RIED. A rational person would approach a debate on the metaphysical with the preparedness and knowledge that you cannot solely or effectively debate the metaphysical with empirical evidence. That's not even logical.

You have provided zero evidence for the non-existence of God. You have only provided strawman fallacies, non-sequitur arguments, ad hominems, and hypocritical uses of evidence.

I, on the other hand, have thoroughly decimated every line of text you've typed, regardless if it applied to the debate.

Are you ready to concede?

[Image: vjp09.gif]
08-01-2013, 09:26 PM
we should get unbeliever to teach reid how to debate.

When you are courting a nice girl an hour seems like a second. When you sit on a red-hot cinder a second seems like an hour. That's relativity.

08-01-2013, 09:29 PM
(08-01-2013 09:13 PM)DLJ Wrote:  I do not wish to distract. This is just something I had not thought of before...

(08-01-2013 01:02 PM)kingschosen Wrote:  ...
I will be defending the existence of an omniscient, omnipresent, omnipotence Christian God.

(08-01-2013 04:41 PM)kingschosen Wrote:  ...
Faith is not knowledge. If you have you knowledge, then you cannot have faith.

Sooooo...

If god is incapable of having faith (by definition) then god cannot be all powerful.

Fortunately, as god is omnipresent, he/she/it is here with be now so I will ask for clarification and get back to you with an answer.

No
Thank you for making an actual point.

Faith is because of lack of omniscience. Faith provides the "filling of the gap" to reach knowledge as faith only exists because of the lack of empirical evidence for whatever it is that you have faith in.

God has empirical evidence of Himself, so He does not have to have faith. He has the knowledge of His existence.

08-01-2013, 09:31 PM
This is pointless. Neither of us are going to change or beliefs, so let's end this with a stalemate.
You'll still believe in God, I'll still be an atheist.
This debate has just went in a circle, and it's a waste of time.
You did a pretty good job, kc.

Cool story, bro. Drinking Beverage
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
08-01-2013, 09:33 PM
Lemme sort this out. WE cannot prove God empiracally BUT he can prove himsepf empiracally? or am I being an idiot again?

08-01-2013, 09:37 PM
(08-01-2013 09:29 PM)kingschosen Wrote:  
(08-01-2013 09:13 PM)DLJ Wrote:  I do not wish to distract. This is just something I had not thought of before...

Sooooo...

No
Thank you for making an actual point.

Faith is because of lack of omniscience. Faith provides the "filling of the gap" to reach knowledge as faith only exists because of the lack of empirical evidence for whatever it is that you have faith in.

God has empirical evidence of Himself, so He does not have to have faith. He has the knowledge of His existence.

I stated that I did not wish to distract but it appears that have. Sorry.

Are you therefore agreeing that he (I'll go with you on the gender issue) cannot have faith.

ps I had Faith a couple of times. She was hawt!

[+] 1 user Likes DLJ's post
08-01-2013, 09:43 PM
(08-01-2013 09:31 PM)Refuting_Ignorance_Every_Day Wrote:  This is pointless. Neither of us are going to change or beliefs, so let's end this with a stalemate.
You'll still believe in God, I'll still be an atheist.
This debate has just went in a circle, and it's a waste of time.
You did a pretty good job, kc.
This was never about "changing beliefs". This was a debate on the existence of God - a debate that you did not participate in.

The debate was a waste of time because you refused to back your beliefs or establish the parameters of the debate and what is "evidence".

[+] 2 users Like kingschosen's post
Thread Closed