KingsChosen, I Challenge You To A Debate On the Existence of God
Thread Closed 

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
08-01-2013, 09:44 PM
RE: KingsChosen, I Challenge You To A Debate On the Existence of God
(08-01-2013 09:33 PM)Xinoftruden Wrote:  Lemme sort this out. WE cannot prove God empiracally BUT he can prove himsepf empiracally? or am I being an idiot again?
No, we cannot prove God empirically because God isn't physical.

God doesn't have to prove Himself to Himself; moreover, this is placing finite, human standards and knowledge on a supposed infinite, omniscient being.

[Image: vjp09.gif]
Find all posts by this user
08-01-2013, 09:46 PM
(08-01-2013 09:37 PM)DLJ Wrote:  
(08-01-2013 09:29 PM)kingschosen Wrote:  Thank you for making an actual point.

Faith is because of lack of omniscience. Faith provides the "filling of the gap" to reach knowledge as faith only exists because of the lack of empirical evidence for whatever it is that you have faith in.

God has empirical evidence of Himself, so He does not have to have faith. He has the knowledge of His existence.

I stated that I did not wish to distract but it appears that have. Sorry.

Are you therefore agreeing that he (I'll go with you on the gender issue) cannot have faith.

ps I had Faith a couple of times. She was hawt!
You're asking another version of the God-Rock Paradox... only this time it's about omniscience and not omnipotence.

It's not that He "can't" it's that the concept is a paradox. It simply can't exist. If God has anything but knowledge (faith) then He isn't omniscient.

08-01-2013, 09:53 PM
(08-01-2013 09:46 PM)kingschosen Wrote:  You're asking another version of the God-Rock Paradox... only this time it's about omniscience and not omnipotence.

It's not that He "can't" it's that the concept is a paradox. It simply can't exist. If God has anything but knowledge (faith) then He isn't omniscient.

Correct observation.

Just saying that if he cannot have faith he cannot be omnipotent.

I therefore call your god "a paradox. It simply can't exist."

08-01-2013, 10:16 PM
(08-01-2013 09:46 PM)kingschosen Wrote:  
(08-01-2013 09:37 PM)DLJ Wrote:  I stated that I did not wish to distract but it appears that have. Sorry.

Are you therefore agreeing that he (I'll go with you on the gender issue) cannot have faith.

You're asking another version of the God-Rock Paradox... only this time it's about omniscience and not omnipotence.

But that's only applicable to the finite. Paradoxes can only hold true if there is a finite standard. The paradox simply can't exist under the finite realm (when we apply God to our understandings); however, if you apply God to His own understanding (whether or not He exists), it has to be compared to the infinite, which can very much support a paradox.

08-01-2013, 10:22 PM
(08-01-2013 09:46 PM)kingschosen Wrote:  
(08-01-2013 09:37 PM)DLJ Wrote:  I stated that I did not wish to distract but it appears that have. Sorry.

I'm stumbling in. I get what you're saying. Do you believe god knows everything? There's a lot of schools of thought. Some believe god knows all -- everything.....others when it suits their purpose says that god can't know because he gave us free will. Which do you think it is?

It did occur to me this might be better in the "ask a theist" section, however this thread was already here.

[Image: mrhanky.jpg]

Wind's in the east, a mist coming in
Like something is brewing and about to begin
Can't put my finger on what lies in store
but I feel what's to happen has happened before...

08-01-2013, 10:29 PM
(08-01-2013 10:22 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  
(08-01-2013 09:46 PM)kingschosen Wrote:  You're asking another version of the God-Rock Paradox... only this time it's about omniscience and not omnipotence.

I'm stumbling in. I get what you're saying. Do you believe god knows everything? There's a lot of schools of thought. Some believe god knows all -- everything.....others when it suits their purpose says that god can't know because he gave us free will. Which do you think it is?

It did occur to me this might be better in the "ask a theist" section, however this thread was already here.
Hmmm, don't want this to turn into another "Ask a Theist", but I'll go ahead and answer. After this, I think RIED needs to decide what he wants to do with the debate.

RIED, you either need to concede or keep going... this hasn't ended in a stalemate because you haven't brought an argument to the table yet.

Anyway, MSBB, we do not have freewill. God knows all in its most infinite sense.

08-01-2013, 10:39 PM
Thank you for replying.

Anyway, thought RIED already gave up...sorry to butt in.

[Image: mrhanky.jpg]

Wind's in the east, a mist coming in
Like something is brewing and about to begin
Can't put my finger on what lies in store
but I feel what's to happen has happened before...

08-01-2013, 11:10 PM
(08-01-2013 10:39 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  Thank you for replying.

Oh no, you're not butting in at all Smile

No, RIED made some lame excuse for not wanting to continue. He's not getting out of it that easy. If he cannot provide evidence for his claim nor make arguments against mine, then he needs to concede.

08-01-2013, 11:14 PM

I agree. It looked like RIED did concede.

I would like to ask you KC, not to debate-just asking. How would the world that we live in change if God did not exist? Of course I'm asking a hypothetical situation for you to describe. But what makes our world what it is since God is real in your opinion and what key things would change if he suddenly lost interest in this pale blue dot we call Earth?

Ɨ͚͙͢͟͠Ŧ̯͔̳̺̬̣̻ͅ ͖̬̰͖̺Ŧ̭̻̲̳̝̦̗Ⱥ̹̩͚͘͠͡Ꝁ̷͖̲͓̖͍̺̻Ɇ̧͈̟̞S̨̢̟̥̮­͇͈͓͉͉̣ ̶̵̪̜̪̰͕̙̱̜Ⱥ̧̝͉̕Ł̰̤̲͠Ø̨̡̯͍͙̩̭̦̦͔͔͟Ŧ̵̠̣̬̝ͅ­̬͓͚ ̮͍͙Ŧ̷͍͖̳̺͕̲̬͚͜ͅØ̷̷̳̗̠̻ ̻̪M͉̠͟Ⱥ͏̫̳̣Ꝁ̶̷̜̪͈̪Ɇ̧̦̳̻̘͙̗͉̠ ̨̯͉͙͚̫͓̜̗̗͝͝Ⱥ̡͎̳̤͚ ̴̰̥̩͎̜̣̗̕ͅS̢͈Ŧ͕͉͓͚͔Ɇ͕̙͉̫͓͉͈̖͞ͅW҉̗̖̟̳́ ̢͕̲̰͔́͞
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
08-01-2013, 11:29 PM
(08-01-2013 11:14 PM)Grassy Knoll Wrote:  

I agree. It looked like RIED did concede.

I would like to ask you KC, not to debate-just asking. How would the world that we live in change if God did not exist? Of course I'm asking a hypothetical situation for you to describe. But what makes our world what it is since God is real in your opinion and what key things would change if he suddenly lost interest in this pale blue dot we call Earth?
Well, since I believe that we have existence because of God, if there was no God there would be no existence... of anything.

[+] 1 user Likes kingschosen's post
Thread Closed