KingsChosen Journey (another question)

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
26-01-2012, 10:14 AM

KingsChosen Journey (another question)
If i am not totaly jacked up on crack, i could have swore that i read that KC stated he was Atheist before he READ the bible..which then started his conversion to christianity.

I am curious (and serious) at what part of the bible did you get to and the light bulb came on?

Was there a story or verse?

D
Quote this message in a reply
26-01-2012, 10:18 AM
RE: KingsChosen Journey (another question)
(26-01-2012 10:14 AM)Denicio Wrote:  If i am not totaly jacked up on crack, i could have swore that i read that KC stated he was Atheist before he READ the bible..which then started his conversion to christianity.

I am curious (and serious) at what part of the bible did you get to and the light bulb came on?

D

Romans 9 and Ephesians 1 really kickstarted things.

[Image: dog-shaking.gif]
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
26-01-2012, 10:20 AM

(26-01-2012 10:18 AM)kingschosen Wrote:  
(26-01-2012 10:14 AM)Denicio Wrote:  If i am not totaly jacked up on crack, i could have swore that i read that KC stated he was Atheist before he READ the bible..which then started his conversion to christianity.

D

Kewl, i'll look into that. Now, a follow up. Did you just open the book and start reading? Did you start with the NT? Or did you start with genesis and plow your way thru?

D
26-01-2012, 10:23 AM
(26-01-2012 10:20 AM)Denicio Wrote:  
(26-01-2012 10:18 AM)kingschosen Wrote:  

D

Kewl, i'll look into that. Now, a follow up. Did you just open the book and start reading? Did you start with the NT? Or did you start with genesis and plow your way thru?

D

I started skipping around. Reading here and there. I skipped the OT "stories" because I wasn't interested in those. I was interested as to why I was believing in the supernatural. I also had enough knowledge of Christianity to know whereabouts to look.

26-01-2012, 10:34 AM
Try not skipping around and actually reading the entire book instead of picking out the parts you want and ignoring the rest.

Even if the OT isn't literal it speaks to the character of Yahweh. When Yahweh directly involves himself in mortal affairs what kind of things does he imply people should do to one another and what is his version of justice?

That and more importantly what makes you think the bible is a good reference for reality? Why should we listen to what's in the bible as literal fact?
[+] 1 user Likes Godless's post
26-01-2012, 10:38 AM
(26-01-2012 10:34 AM)Godless Wrote:  Try not skipping around and actually reading the entire book instead of picking out the parts you want and ignoring the rest.

Even if the OT isn't literal it speaks to the character of Yahweh. When Yahweh directly involves himself in mortal affairs what kind of things does he imply people should do to one another and what is his version of justice?

That and more importantly what makes you think the bible is a good reference for reality? Why should we listen to what's in the bible as literal fact?

I have read the entire Bible. Several times. I'll forgive your ignorant implications simply because we haven't had much interactions.

Denicio asked what STARTED my road to conversion, not where I am today. During the time of my conversation I wasn't interested in anything but an answer as to why I was suddenly believing. After I got that answer, I started my road to understanding the whole of Christianity.

Ask questions. Don't make assumptions.

[+] 1 user Likes kingschosen's post
26-01-2012, 10:49 AM

(26-01-2012 10:38 AM)kingschosen Wrote:  
(26-01-2012 10:34 AM)Godless Wrote:  Try not skipping around and actually reading the entire book instead of picking out the parts you want and ignoring the rest.

I have read the entire Bible. Several times. I'll forgive your ignorant implications simply because we haven't had much interactions.

Denicio asked what STARTED my road to conversion, not where I am today. During the time of my conversation I wasn't interested in anything but an answer as to why I was suddenly believing. After I got that answer, I started my road to understanding the whole of Christianity.

*Sacrasm mode on*

Good thing for you that you did not turn on the TV and see an episode of Ghost Chasers!

*Sarcasm mode off*

I get the 'warm and fuzzy' jesus stuff in the old testament. Thats ACTUALLY the forumula they use every sunday in every fundie church to gain new converts.

Again, i use the example of Jesus the butler. If JC opened the door to this awesome mansion and he gave you the most warm and inviting hug, fed you, and took good care of you but then took you to the MASTER of the mansion who was a ax weilding jelous moody homicidal maniac.......why bother?

Jesus is just the ticket to god. God's resume speaks for its self.

Scientology sells you the kind auditing before hitting you with Xenu.

Do you believe you'll be spending eternity with Jesus and god will only be around once in a while?

D
Also, can you go into this:

"to why I was believing in the supernatural"

Did you just wake up one day and feel like there was a NON Natural world around you and felt it 'had to be something' so it required explination?

Why did you start beleiving in the supernatural, was there an event, something unexplained?

D
[+] 1 user Likes Denicio's post
27-01-2012, 12:40 PM

(26-01-2012 10:49 AM)Denicio Wrote:  
(26-01-2012 10:38 AM)kingschosen Wrote:  

*Sacrasm mode on*

Good thing for you that you did not turn on the TV and see an episode of Ghost Chasers!

*Sarcasm mode off*

I get the 'warm and fuzzy' jesus stuff in the old testament. Thats ACTUALLY the forumula they use every sunday in every fundie church to gain new converts.

Again, i use the example of Jesus the butler. If JC opened the door to this awesome mansion and he gave you the most warm and inviting hug, fed you, and took good care of you but then took you to the MASTER of the mansion who was a ax weilding jelous moody homicidal maniac.......why bother?

Jesus is just the ticket to god. God's resume speaks for its self.

Scientology sells you the kind auditing before hitting you with Xenu.

Do you believe you'll be spending eternity with Jesus and god will only be around once in a while?

D
Also, can you go into this:

"to why I was believing in the supernatural"

Did you just wake up one day and feel like there was a NON Natural world around you and felt it 'had to be something' so it required explination?

Why did you start beleiving in the supernatural, was there an event, something unexplained?

D

Still awaiting answers...............................
27-01-2012, 12:50 PM
(27-01-2012 12:40 PM)Denicio Wrote:  Do you believe you'll be spending eternity with Jesus and god will only be around once in a while?

I believe they are one in the same. You know this.

Quote:"to why I was believing in the supernatural"

D

Did you ever read my conversation story I posted a couple of times? Well, it was literally a *BAM* moment. I went from not believing in the the supernatural and/or seriously doubting it to talking to whomever just made me believe and asking it to reveal answers to me.

27-01-2012, 12:52 PM

(27-01-2012 12:50 PM)kingschosen Wrote:  
(27-01-2012 12:40 PM)Denicio Wrote:  Do you believe you'll be spending eternity with Jesus and god will only be around once in a while?

I believe they are one in the same. You know this.

Quote:"to why I was believing in the supernatural"

D

Did you ever read my conversation story I posted a couple of times? Well, it was literally a *BAM* moment. I went from not believing in the the supernatural and/or seriously doubting it to talking to whomever just made me believe and asking it to reveal answers to me.

I have not read your conversion story.
Thanks for the answers.