KingsChosen Journey (another question)

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
27-01-2012, 12:56 PM (This post was last modified: 27-01-2012 01:00 PM by kingschosen.)
RE: KingsChosen Journey (another question)
(27-01-2012 12:52 PM)Denicio Wrote:  
(27-01-2012 12:50 PM)kingschosen Wrote:  
(27-01-2012 12:40 PM)Denicio Wrote:  Do you believe you'll be spending eternity with Jesus and god will only be around once in a while?

I believe they are one in the same. You know this.

Quote:"to why I was believing in the supernatural"

Did you just wake up one day and feel like there was a NON Natural world around you and felt it 'had to be something' so it required explination?

Why did you start beleiving in the supernatural, was there an event, something unexplained?

D

Did you ever read my conversation story I posted a couple of times? Well, it was literally a *BAM* moment. I went from not believing in the the supernatural and/or seriously doubting it to talking to whomever just made me believe and asking it to reveal answers to me.

I have not read your conversion story.
Thanks for the answers.

I'll find it for you and repost it. Sec.
Found it

Growing up, I was always embarrassed of Christianity and whenever my parents talked about Jesus. I thought church was silly, and I found the stories nothing more than fantasy.

I finally accepted agnosticism in college as my official belief, and I began to rip Christianity apart with the use of logic and rationality. I would combat Christians on the Internet via forums and use the aforementioned tactics against them to make them look like fools. I was good at it.

Driving home from work one day, my life changed. My heart was opened to a higher power; even though I didn't know whom. I'll try my best to explain this: I found myself suddenly and sincerely praying and listening to this higher power for guidance. This was wholly strange to me because up until that moment I didn't believe in a God that I could talk to.

My beliefs so drastically changed than I began to get angry with myself. I didn't understand how I could rationally accept that there was a higher power that I could converse with. It wasn't logical. Also, I never wanted to talk to a higher power, and I didn't understand how I was doing it if I didn't choose to. My knowledge of religion pre-empted the idea that I had to choose it.

The higher power led me to read and study the Bible. This was the first time that I’ve ever actually done it. It was at this time that I realized that the higher power I was talking to was the Christian God; however, I still didn’t understand why I didn’t get a choice. As my studying intensified, I began to learn about election. And then, it made sense. I realized that then reason I didn’t have a choice is because I was never planned to have a choice.

I knew that I was elect because I learned that those who are elect can hear the will of God and those that aren’t cannot even understand it.

[Image: dog-shaking.gif]
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
27-01-2012, 01:11 PM

(27-01-2012 12:56 PM)kingschosen Wrote:  I knew that I was elect because I learned that those who are elect can hear the will of God and those that aren’t cannot even understand it.[/b][/color]

“It ain't those parts of the Bible that I can't understand that bother me, it is the parts that I do understand.” ~ Mark Twian

Your journey is quite American Indian new agey for sure.
The PreOrdained/Elect thing is quite intresting.

Again thanks for sharing. You've been kind enough to answer questions, so i'll check my sarcasm at the door and leave this thread at where its at.

D
Quote this message in a reply
27-01-2012, 02:58 PM
(27-01-2012 01:11 PM)Denicio Wrote:  
(27-01-2012 12:56 PM)kingschosen Wrote:  I knew that I was elect because I learned that those who are elect can hear the will of God and those that aren’t cannot even understand it.[/b][/color]

“It ain't those parts of the Bible that I can't understand that bother me, it is the parts that I do understand.” ~ Mark Twian

Your journey is quite American Indian new agey for sure.
The PreOrdained/Elect thing is quite intresting.

Again thanks for sharing. You've been kind enough to answer questions, so i'll check my sarcasm at the door and leave this thread at where its at.

D

Nah, it's cool.

I'm always up for questions.

27-01-2012, 05:20 PM (This post was last modified: 27-01-2012 05:36 PM by Logisch.)
Interesting. I have to say I applaud you for your communication skills. You generally seem calm and polite when you post.
27-01-2012, 07:01 PM
(26-01-2012 10:18 AM)kingschosen Wrote:  
(26-01-2012 10:14 AM)Denicio Wrote:  If i am not totaly jacked up on crack, i could have swore that i read that KC stated he was Atheist before he READ the bible..which then started his conversion to christianity.

I am curious (and serious) at what part of the bible did you get to and the light bulb came on?

Was there a story or verse?

D

Romans 9 and Ephesians 1 really kickstarted things.

Hmmm... Reading Romans 9 now, came across this bit that made me Huh

Quote:Just as it is written: “Jacob I loved, but Esau I hated.”[e]

14 What then shall we say? Is God unjust? Not at all! 15 For he says to Moses,

“I will have mercy on whom I have mercy,
and I will have compassion on whom I have compassion.”

Isn't that saying God isn't unjust because he told Moses beforehand that he reserves the right to pick favorites? It then goes on to pretty much say we're all just pawns for God to play around with, not worthy to talk back to God.

In my view, you can't say that God is/isn't good or unjust because we don't define morals, God does. If that's the case, saying "God is good" or "God is unjust" is a meaningless statement, as good simply equals "whatever God is" and not any objective standard. Essentially, you're saying "God is the essence of what God says is good." Or, "God says that he is good, therefore God is good."

If we're going to inquire about the nature of God, whether he is or is not good, we must be comparing him against a rational, objective or at least concrete set of definitions of what is and isn't good. Even from the definitions that God supposedly gave us, he can be judged as "not good," since he's broken one or more of the ten commandments (thou shalt not kill).

Better without God, and happier too.
[+] 1 user Likes Azaraith's post
27-01-2012, 08:46 PM
(27-01-2012 07:01 PM)Azaraith Wrote:  
(26-01-2012 10:18 AM)kingschosen Wrote:  
(26-01-2012 10:14 AM)Denicio Wrote:  If i am not totaly jacked up on crack, i could have swore that i read that KC stated he was Atheist before he READ the bible..which then started his conversion to christianity.

I am curious (and serious) at what part of the bible did you get to and the light bulb came on?

Was there a story or verse?

D

Romans 9 and Ephesians 1 really kickstarted things.

Hmmm... Reading Romans 9 now, came across this bit that made me Huh

Quote:Just as it is written: “Jacob I loved, but Esau I hated.”[e]

14 What then shall we say? Is God unjust? Not at all! 15 For he says to Moses,

“I will have mercy on whom I have mercy,
and I will have compassion on whom I have compassion.”

Isn't that saying God isn't unjust because he told Moses beforehand that he reserves the right to pick favorites? It then goes on to pretty much say we're all just pawns for God to play around with, not worthy to talk back to God.

In my view, you can't say that God is/isn't good or unjust because we don't define morals, God does. If that's the case, saying "God is good" or "God is unjust" is a meaningless statement, as good simply equals "whatever God is" and not any objective standard. Essentially, you're saying "God is the essence of what God says is good." Or, "God says that he is good, therefore God is good."

If we're going to inquire about the nature of God, whether he is or is not good, we must be comparing him against a rational, objective or at least concrete set of definitions of what is and isn't good. Even from the definitions that God supposedly gave us, he can be judged as "not good," since he's broken one or more of the ten commandments (thou shalt not kill).

I was more bothered by the parts of Romans 9 that most Christians will give to answer your question.... Who are you, a human being, to talk back to God.

These are parts of the Bible that confuse me because it is going off of what Paul said who may have been a deliberate fraud from what in his own words he said. I think there is a part he talks about lying for the greater good of God is what he does. I can't tell looking over the writings if Paul was legit, a fraud, or trying to manipulate the ideas of Jesus to believe he is a righteous man.. The latter is questionable because he didn't seem to believe in a human existing Jesus.

I'm curious if you knew much about Paul when you first read these tales or if you are a firm believer in his conversion story.
[+] 1 user Likes ClydeLee's post
27-01-2012, 08:49 PM
(27-01-2012 08:46 PM)ClydeLee Wrote:  These are parts of the Bible that confuse me because it is going off of what Paul said who may have been a deliberate fraud from what in his own words he said. I think there is a part he talks about lying for the greater good of God is what he does. I can't tell looking over the writings if Paul was legit, a fraud, or trying to manipulate the ideas of Jesus to believe he is a righteous man.. The latter is questionable because he didn't seem to believe in a human existing Jesus.

This is because you are reading God's love letter to his children. Of course it doesn't make sense to heathens like you. Shame on you for opening other people's mail!

Angel

It was just a fucking apple man, we're sorry okay? Please stop the madness Laugh out load
~Izel
27-01-2012, 10:03 PM
Conversion from Atheist to Christian is not very believable. Most likely the need to believe in a higher power never left the individual. Separation from religious belief and then to return would mean that you never truly left the belief. Being an atheist is a final conclusion because the implications are so profound.

In other words, I'm calling BS.

The old gods are dead, let's invent some new ones before something really bad happens.
[+] 1 user Likes Thomas's post
28-01-2012, 12:35 PM (This post was last modified: 28-01-2012 12:36 PM by kingschosen.)
(27-01-2012 10:03 PM)Thomas Wrote:  Conversion from Atheist to Christian is not very believable. Most likely the need to believe in a higher power never left the individual. Separation from religious belief and then to return would mean that you never truly left the belief. Being an atheist is a final conclusion because the implications are so profound.

k
And Romans 9 is a huge elephant in the room for Arminians.

28-01-2012, 01:10 PM
(27-01-2012 10:03 PM)Thomas Wrote:  Conversion from Atheist to Christian is not very believable. Most likely the need to believe in a higher power never left the individual. Separation from religious belief and then to return would mean that you never truly left the belief. Being an atheist is a final conclusion because the implications are so profound.

I couldn't agree more!!!