Kingschosen - A Metaphorically Induced Interpretation

Thread Rating:
  • 7 Votes - 3.71 Average
31-01-2012, 03:14 PM (This post was last modified: 31-01-2012 03:23 PM by kim.)
Kingschosen - A Metaphorically Induced Interpretation
My attempt at a very general, reinterpreted layout of the main ideas put forth by Kingschosen in his Ask a Theist thread. Feel free to incorporate or interject any ideas which I may have left out. And I'd be interested to see someone else's interpretation as well.
I wanted a different context that didn't just scream God/Jesus/Christian.
I wanted something to relate it all to. To help me understand and not necessarily to show the absurdity of it… but well… I am not a Theist.
So yea, I went all crazy. Tongue

I took a stab -hope I didn't forget anything too huge, but then, I only paid attention to stuff I found to be kingsy's unique take.
I found it an interesting exercise -I'm always grateful to learn new stuff. It was all in fun and I meant no disrespect. So, for your contribution in helping me sort out these few thoughts on your Christian ideas -thanks Kingsy. Wink
Workers = humans
Evil = sin
Predetermined = elect/chosen believers
Game = belief/faith
Rules = bible
Toxic waste = non-believers/others/fucked

X built a company and wanted to give it his kid, JC. In order to inherit this company, JC would need to prove his responsibility, and show that he could take care of the place. JC would have to show he was willing to work for it; tighten the belt, and go with the flow, if need be. All the while, X has laid the ground work for JC to not fail; he made this shit called evil and made sure all the workers would not only choose evil, but would be evil just by being born. So, rather than just create a kid, he has him be born a worker - just like everyone else. Starting at the ground and working his way up would be the ultimate proof of his love, loyalty, responsibility, and he would hone his management skills. JC would be able to feel like he was doing something for his inheritance -really feel like he was sacrificing something- because he would also be evil, because he was born a worker just like everyone else.

JC recognized right away he would need to form a new business model and do it during business hours, which may or may not impact current business. JC formed a co-op with the provision that all the joining members could overcome the evil shit they were born with and in doing so, inherit the company with JC as CEO. To do this, everyone would have to enact a takeover -it could be a simple take over or a hostile takeover and may or may not impact current business. After all, they would be a co-op and able to show viable operating status, they would be granted takeover status to insert JC as CEO. All would be merry with the New Company.

To ensure JC would enact the takeover, there needed to be workers who would join in JC's business model. So X made sure that there would be some who would remain and no matter what they did, they were promised retainment in the company. Through a seemingly random algorithm, these workers were at the company's inception predetermined to go along with JC's business model, and be recognized by playing a video game. The game is a reflection of the company and carries the symbolic manifestations of company ideals. The rules to the game are variously interpreted, but gleaned from information gathered from inception onward, and contained on the whole and updated in the second edition of the rules.

It will take a lot of time to get all the predetermined to play the game. Some will refuse to play the game, while others will simply play a different game, etc.,. It was not necessarily who displays superior skills at this game or who scores the most points, or even incentive for which the game is played. They may not even like to play video games, but this one will appeal, and when they start playing in earnest, they will want to tell others how great it is to play. Many will play the game -even though some don't play it the way others feel it should be played, while some will find they were just born to play it. The point being; it is predetermined who will play this game and remain post takeover, while others who play the game, no matter how earnest, will not. Babies, small children, and mentally handicapped individuals unable to play the game remain with the company as predetermined.

If one does not play the game there will be no joining the company at all, before or after company takeover. Predetermined refusal or inability to remain post takeover, will result in serious consequences involving eternal torture, and would be considered toxic waste generated by the company; all would be completely fucked for eternity.

With the resulting toxic waste, one could surmise X's predetermination clause to be somewhat fallible while still providing a failsafe for JC to enact a takeover. However, it must be recognized that X is the company, and the company is a corporation - continuing no matter who runs it - it was predetermined that JC -also the company- would eventually takeover no matter what. The predetermined are advised via telepathic memo of their own continuance post takeover, but not advised of anyone else's status, until takeover is complete.

For playing the game, some might be thought of as lunatics for the following reasons; A) it's just a game, B) it's a stupid game, C) it's a nonexistent game, D) it's a convoluted game, E) it's an irrelevant game, F) it's an evil game, G) it's not the correct game to play, E) other.

For not playing the game (for reasons A,B,C,D,E,F,G,E) some might be thought of as lunatics by the people playing the game.

A new type of thinking is essential if mankind is to survive and move to higher levels. ~ Albert Einstein
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 9 users Like kim's post
31-01-2012, 03:25 PM
RE: Kingschosen - A Metaphorically Induced Interpretation
[Image: 5dcbd53f_clap.gif]

[Image: dog-shaking.gif]
[+] 8 users Like kingschosen's post
31-01-2012, 07:37 PM
Reads like an excellent business plan for a Ponzi scheme. Wink

As it was in the beginning is now and ever shall be, world without end. Amen.
And I will show you something different from either
Your shadow at morning striding behind you
Or your shadow at evening rising to meet you;
I will show you fear in a handful of dust.
[+] 2 users Like GirlyMan's post
31-01-2012, 07:59 PM
Essentially correct, except for the first four words. X didn't build a company, he built the facade of a company. Saying it's a company implies that it had some purpose of its own. Kingschosen believes the only purpose of the building the company was to create the job for JC. Whether the company does anything useful or makes a profit is irrelevant. Therefore it's not really a company, it's a facade. This makes the "company" meaningless and JCs existence meaningless as well. Our X is an awesome X!
[+] 3 users Like Jeff's post
31-01-2012, 09:37 PM
In defense of KC...

ellenjanuary is the LGM in the mind of monkey John Cantor tapping keys. Keys are made of what?

Wrong!

Chemical. Electricity. ellenjanuary. Universe. I am 4.

In defense of the rational mind, a word: entropy.

Which is an equation, the state of disorder, the of despair; but most importantly none of the above. Entropy - determines the arrow of time.

Can we repeat that, atheist? Entropy determines the arrow of time.

In terms of ellenjanuary, there is no requirement for causality to speak truth, there is no reality that can define myself as not having been created by Gwyneth Paltrow. In terms of being a journeyman prophet - sure as fuck, shit can look predetermined - but journeyman appellation represents the higher authority of science - predetermination contraindicates entropy. And any scientist worth the label will tell you - blue-sky stringy theory from now until the second Tuesday of next week - but hypothesize a violation of the second law - and ya got something wrong. Wink

[Image: klingon_zps7e68578a.jpg]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 2 users Like houseofcantor's post
01-02-2012, 11:36 AM
So KC is applauding the thing while at the same time not really understanding the relationship between his irrational thought and the scenario described.
I find nothing humorous in that nor are his ramblings worthy of the adulation he comes here for.

I feel that at some point there is no use to continue.
He will maintain his silly position regardless of ANY reason put forth and just wastes cyber ink.

What have we really learned from KC and all his gobbly gook that we didn't already know from any other theist?
He provides nothing of value from that perspective.

Some find it all fun. I do not.
He just wastes everyones time and energy defending silly things and folks here pander to it. I fell for it too.
I'm sorry. That is how I feel about it. (I know, if you don't like it leave etc....)

We should be talking about how to make changes to our world to rid ourselves of this crazy religion stuff.
Trying to understand this theist is an endless waste of time and we should just move on. How does it help knowing that whatever you say will not budge him an inch?
An "Important Thread"? Nah, it was useless imho.
It solved nothing and did nothing but create a ton of spin that we are still trying to decipher and made KC feel extra "chosen".
Yeah go ahead...flame away. I don't expect too much support on this post.

It's all in your head, because there is no other place it could be.
[+] 4 users Like TalladegaTom's post
01-02-2012, 11:44 AM
(01-02-2012 11:36 AM)TalladegaTom Wrote:  So KC is applauding the thing while at the same time not really understanding the relationship between his irrational thought and the scenario described.
I find nothing humorous in that nor are his ramblings worthy of the adulation he comes here for.

I feel that at some point there is no use to continue.
He will maintain his silly position regardless of ANY reason put forth and just wastes cyber ink.

What have we really learned from KC and all his gobbly gook that we didn't already know from any other theist?
He provides nothing of value from that perspective.

Some find it all fun. I do not.
He just wastes everyones time and energy defending silly things and folks here pander to it. I fell for it too.
I'm sorry. That is how I feel about it. (I know, if you don't like it leave etc....)

We should be talking about how to make changes to our world to rid ourselves of this crazy religion stuff.
Trying to understand this theist is an endless waste of time and we should just move on. How does it help knowing that whatever you say will not budge him an inch?
An "Important Thread"? Nah, it was useless imho.
It solved nothing and did nothing but create a ton of spin that we are still trying to decipher and made KC feel extra "chosen".
Yeah go ahead...flame away. I don't expect too much support on this post.

No, I realize that coming to an atheist site and posting what I believe will result in, at the very least, a tongue-in-cheek ribbing.

I for one appreciate humor. I also love roasts. I probably make fun of myself more than anyone I know.

And you know what? It's okay.

[Image: dog-shaking.gif]
[+] 3 users Like kingschosen's post
01-02-2012, 12:01 PM
(01-02-2012 11:44 AM)kingschosen Wrote:  No, I realize that coming to an atheist site and posting what I believe will result in, at the very least, a tongue-in-cheek ribbing.

I for one appreciate humor. I also love roasts. I probably make fun of myself more than anyone I know.

That just makes it worse.
It is all humorous to you? All one big joke?
That is disgusting sir. Religion and god belief KILLS people daily.
I take that very seriously.
You make fun of yourself(?) while feeling all nice and cozy while at the same time telling everyone that isn't "chosen" that they are going to hell. Angry
That is not "Okay".
That thinking is sick and should be disgraced.
Your kind is a cancer of the mind to any thinking person.

It's all in your head, because there is no other place it could be.
[+] 1 user Likes TalladegaTom's post
01-02-2012, 01:20 PM
KC may be crazy but he isn't hurting anyone. What you are doing Talladega is hating the ictim of the cancer not the cancer itself. You've it it all wrong man. If KC were being a dick I'd feel differently but he sure as shit ain't. He's been calm and peaceful even when outright attacked. More than I can say for myself even.
Sure his delusion is dangerous. But not to him or us in the way of him.
If you want to discuss other things then wouldn't it make more sense for you to put your typin time into those very things via other threads, then to spend it all telling kc he is despicable an that we aren't doing things right?

I agree with you that religion is a bad thing. But not all religious people are bad.

I have to disagree with you about not having learned anything in he famous thread... I learned a lot. Maybe you just weren't looking for what was being taught.

Don't spend your time trying to convert the guy. It's as big of a waste as him tryin to convert you.

"I think of myself as an intelligent, sensitive human being with the soul of a clown which always forces me to blow it at the most important moments." -Jim Morrison
[+] 6 users Like lucradis's post
01-02-2012, 01:38 PM
(01-02-2012 12:01 PM)TalladegaTom Wrote:  
(01-02-2012 11:44 AM)kingschosen Wrote:  No, I realize that coming to an atheist site and posting what I believe will result in, at the very least, a tongue-in-cheek ribbing.

That just makes it worse.
It is all humorous to you? All one big joke?
That is disgusting sir. Religion and god belief KILLS people daily.
I take that very seriously.
You make fun of yourself(?) while feeling all nice and cozy while at the same time telling everyone that isn't "chosen" that they are going to hell. Angry
That is not "Okay".
That thinking is sick and should be disgraced.
Your kind is a cancer of the mind to any thinking person.

Hmm... if I were to write it as something to show to the faithful so I could say, "See, see how it's all made up?" I would certainly pull the curtain back to reveal the Wizard…. wouldn't I? Angel

This is an adaptation of a belief not my own; the point of view is that of a believer -specifically, Kingschosen. It has to be "real" to a believer so the metaphor can be clear.
Now, if a believer were to read this... or if a movie seen by a believer were to contain these elements of exposition, it's possible they could see the metaphor clearly. Upon viewing, a believer might either think, "Well, of course."; or feel uncomfortable at having just been told their religion is a video game. ... If it's just a game, it's not real. If the religion isn't real... then... ?

Then again, far be it for me to introduce to anyone the unbelievability of his or her belief. These things must be done delicately. Anyway, I for one don't get upset about the irrelevance of something I don't believe. It is good to see other's too, can live on the planet with and without belief. Granted; sans belief would be much more pleasant but, evolution takes time. These things must be done delicately. Dodgy

A new type of thinking is essential if mankind is to survive and move to higher levels. ~ Albert Einstein
[+] 1 user Likes kim's post