Kingschosen - A Metaphorically Induced Interpretation

Thread Rating:
  • 7 Votes - 3.71 Average
01-02-2012, 02:57 PM
RE: Kingschosen - A Metaphorically Induced Interpretation
(01-02-2012 01:20 PM)lucradis Wrote:  KC may be crazy but he isn't hurting anyone. What you are doing Talladega is hating the victim of the cancer not the cancer itself. You've it it all wrong man. If KC were being a dick I'd feel differently but he sure as shit ain't. He's been calm and peaceful even when outright attacked. More than I can say for myself even.
Sure his delusion is dangerous. But not to him or us in the way of him.
If you want to discuss other things then wouldn't it make more sense for you to put your typin time into those very things via other threads, then to spend it all telling kc he is despicable an that we aren't doing things right?

I agree with you that religion is a bad thing. But not all religious people are bad.

I have to disagree with you about not having learned anything in he famous thread... I learned a lot. Maybe you just weren't looking for what was being taught.

Don't spend your time trying to convert the guy. It's as big of a waste as him tryin to convert you.

I think the better metaphor might be that the religious are like people suffering from communicable diseases, not cancer. While we can feel compassion to those who are afflicted, we don't want them near us. We offer them the cure, but they tend to distrust the cure more than the disease.
(Hmmm, sounds like the anti-vaccination nuts, too.)

Some strains are more virulent, some less; some incapacitate the infected, some are just uncomfortable. But when the infection becomes like Ebola or Marburg, quarantine is absolutely necessary.

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 6 users Like Chas's post
01-02-2012, 03:03 PM
(01-02-2012 01:20 PM)lucradis Wrote:  KC may be crazy but he isn't hurting anyone.

I dunno about that.
He has children.

It's all in your head, because there is no other place it could be.
[+] 1 user Likes TalladegaTom's post
01-02-2012, 04:10 PM
I find it strange that I've never participated in an ad hominem; however, on three separate occasions it's either been stated or implied that I would hurt my children. And, somehow I'm the bad guy?

[Image: dog-shaking.gif]
Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes kingschosen's post
01-02-2012, 04:37 PM
I find it sad that you can't see the damage that your silly belief systems does and by association, the damage you do.

01-02-2012, 07:14 PM
I seriously think you're over exaggerating any potential damages KC would do to his children.

Don't get me wrong, I understand that you believe all religious indoctrination to be child abuse, and to a point I actually agree with you. But there comes a point in life when you have to make realistic concessions. Otherwise it's called fascism.
People have the right to live their lives, however they like. So long as it doesn't hurt anyone other than themselves.

This is why religious indoctrination is seen by me and I would say also by you, as child abuse. However where I would imagine I veer off course from where you go, is I have to see everything in a case by case basis instead of just issuing blanket statements meant to encompass everyone.

It's not fair to assess everyone the same way. No one is the same. There are types of people, but even within those types there are massive differences.

I believe assuming everyone is the same within a specified group, and hating them is called bigotry. It's how most Christians see us. I don't like to take that stance against others. Yes I despise the thing that is religion. Yes I would like it to go away. And yes I believe that blindly indoctrinating your children into anything even atheism can be a very bad thing.

Here's where I stand as far as KC raising his kids. He can correct me if I'm wrong.

He is going to teach them what he believes. He would like it if they believed what he believes the same way we all hope our kids don't. If they don't, he will still love them and treat them the same. I also believe he will teach them to look at things more objectively than most Christians would. He will teach them to love, and to be respectful of other peoples beliefs.

Yes, wouldn't it be great if we just removed the religion from all of that? But it's not gonna happen. Honestly I'm going to teach my child anything she wants to know. If she turns out religious I can only hope she ends up as patient and tolerant as KC. The reason I can't just lump him in with child abusers is because he isn't a phelps. He isn't a maniac. His version of religion is nutty as they come, but it's friendly isn't it?

Whatever, you can think what you want, it doesn't really matter whether you like anyone on this forum. I just ask that if you don't want to engage with a peaceful manner then maybe just avoid the threads he's on. Having someone just being aggressive derails the thread for everyone else.

"I think of myself as an intelligent, sensitive human being with the soul of a clown which always forces me to blow it at the most important moments." -Jim Morrison
[+] 2 users Like lucradis's post
01-02-2012, 07:37 PM
(01-02-2012 04:10 PM)kingschosen Wrote:  I find it strange that I've never participated in an ad hominem; however, on three separate occasions it's either been stated or implied that I would hurt my children. And, somehow I'm the bad guy?

Yes.
Tongue

It was just a fucking apple man, we're sorry okay? Please stop the madness Laugh out load
~Izel
01-02-2012, 07:57 PM
(01-02-2012 07:14 PM)lucradis Wrote:  This is why religious indoctrination is seen by me and I would say also by you, as child abuse. However where I would imagine I veer off course from where you go, is I have to see everything in a case by case basis instead of just issuing blanket statements meant to encompass everyone.

I guess we do see things differently.
Delusion is consistent across the religious world. Nice guy or naughty, it's the same.
I see no difference between a nice guy believing in and defending the idea of hell and all and a tyrant of the worst kind saying the same thing.
Nice and comfy should not get a pass from reality anymore than the radical.
A wolf in sheep's clothing etc. etc.

02-02-2012, 12:33 AM
We are in complete agreement Tom.
[+] 1 user Likes ElectricEthan's post
02-02-2012, 12:52 AM
(01-02-2012 07:14 PM)lucradis Wrote:  And yes I believe that blindly indoctrinating your children into anything even atheism can be a very bad thing.

This.

KC's a thinker. His kids will be too. I don't doubt that they'll call him out and challenge him on lots of stuff. As long as they can think for themselves they'll find their own answers. If those answers coincide with KC's it's all fine by me.

TT, you teach your kids stuff too right? You teach them what you think is right. You don't just throw them out into the ocean of life and say "here's a paddle, I'm not gonna tell you how to use it but off you go". If it's OK for you to teach your kids what you think is right then the same applies to KC. End of story. You can't expect him to teach them something which he believes is a lie.
[+] 2 users Like morondog's post
02-02-2012, 01:09 AM (This post was last modified: 02-02-2012 01:13 AM by ElectricEthan.)
(02-02-2012 12:52 AM)morondog Wrote:  
(01-02-2012 07:14 PM)lucradis Wrote:  And yes I believe that blindly indoctrinating your children into anything even atheism can be a very bad thing.

This.

KC's a thinker. His kids will be too. I don't doubt that they'll call him out and challenge him on lots of stuff. As long as they can think for themselves they'll find their own answers. If those answers coincide with KC's it's all fine by me.

TT, you teach your kids stuff too right? You teach them what you think is right. You don't just throw them out into the ocean of life and say "here's a paddle, I'm not gonna tell you how to use it but off you go". If it's OK for you to teach your kids what you think is right then the same applies to KC. End of story. You can't expect him to teach them something which he believes is a lie.

Yeah, he's teaching them what he feels is right. He should be teaching them what he knows is right.

TT doesn't indoctrinate his children with myths taught as truths. How do you not see the obvious error in KC's ways?
(01-02-2012 04:10 PM)kingschosen Wrote:  I find it strange that I've never participated in an ad hominem; however, on three separate occasions it's either been stated or implied that I would hurt my children. And, somehow I'm the bad guy?

You have already hurt your children's abilities to separate lies from truths. You've set them on a path that could eventually lead to religious fanaticism. Maybe teaching them about the Bible will push them in the direction of becoming homophobes, or something equally as sinister.

When you tell your children, "Jesus Christ is your imaginary friend and he was horrendously murdered because you were born a sinner!", you're telling your children to think like schizophrenics.
[+] 2 users Like ElectricEthan's post