Kingschosen - A Metaphorically Induced Interpretation

Thread Rating:
  • 7 Votes - 3.71 Average
02-02-2012, 03:14 AM
RE: Kingschosen - A Metaphorically Induced Interpretation
(02-02-2012 01:09 AM)ElectricEthan Wrote:  Yeah, he's teaching them what he feels is right. He should be teaching them what he knows is right.

TT doesn't indoctrinate his children with myths taught as truths. How do you not see the obvious error in KC's ways?

Teaching what you know is right is the way of the fanatic. KC doesn't pretend to have all the answers.

To KC, those myths *are* truths. Not fucked up stories for crowd control as we believe. To him, it would be remiss of him *not to* tell his kids about Baby Jesus etc. Also, you are not aware that KC is pro-gay? How will he teach his kids to be homophobes then? Kids get brought up Christian all the time and hey, funny thing, they turn out OK. Some of them even go on to do great things. Just like Muslims, Jews, and all the other religions. I'd say KC's kids have a great chance in life. Why do you want to tell him how to bring up his kids? Would you like it if I told you how to do that?
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes morondog's post
02-02-2012, 08:17 AM
Yeah, I'm pro-gay and pro-evolution. It's not for me to judge anyone. That's God's job. I also live by empathy and treat others with respect regardless of how differently they believe because they are human just like me. But, I guess you're right... I shouldn't teach my kids those awful things... since that's so harmful, bigoted, and such.

Maybe, I should take the TT approach and teach them to chastise and berate others that believe differently. Hmmm, whaddya say? Sound good?

[Image: dog-shaking.gif]
02-02-2012, 08:46 AM
(02-02-2012 08:17 AM)kingschosen Wrote:  Maybe, I should take the TT approach and teach them to chastise and berate others that believe differently. Hmmm, whaddya say? Sound good?

sigh...
No. You miss the point.
How about you teaching them Science? You know, the KNOWN good stuff.
Maybe even toss in a thorough understanding of The Scientific Method so that they can rightfully discern the difference between your wacky and dangerous beliefs and reality.

I feel very comfortable rebuking and "berating" others who continually deny the realities that so many hard working and intelligent people have determined to be true.
What is the point of all this "discussion" otherwise?
If we let things remain the same, his kids will have to have the same endless "discussions" over and over again with our kids and so on.
No, we can't let this continue.
The time is right for all of these religious nutters to get a grip on reality and begin to move humanity forward and stop perpetuating the nonsense.
The more they spin and preach, the slower humanity can progress.
I see no benefit to pandering to their ideas.

When does the nonsense finally end?

It's all in your head, because there is no other place it could be.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes TalladegaTom's post
02-02-2012, 09:00 AM
(02-02-2012 03:14 AM)morondog Wrote:  Teaching what you know is right is the way of the fanatic. KC doesn't pretend to have all the answers.

To KC, those myths *are* truths. Not fucked up stories for crowd control as we believe. To him, it would be remiss of him *not to* tell his kids about Baby Jesus etc. Also, you are not aware that KC is pro-gay? How will he teach his kids to be homophobes then? Kids get brought up Christian all the time and hey, funny thing, they turn out OK. Some of them even go on to do great things. Just like Muslims, Jews, and all the other religions. I'd say KC's kids have a great chance in life. Why do you want to tell him how to bring up his kids? Would you like it if I told you how to do that?

Some of those Christians even go on to do great things.... some of them even become Atheists. Shy

A new type of thinking is essential if mankind is to survive and move to higher levels. ~ Albert Einstein
[+] 3 users Like kim's post
02-02-2012, 09:17 AM (This post was last modified: 02-02-2012 09:20 AM by morondog.)
(02-02-2012 08:46 AM)TalladegaTom Wrote:  
(02-02-2012 08:17 AM)kingschosen Wrote:  Maybe, I should take the TT approach and teach them to chastise and berate others that believe differently. Hmmm, whaddya say? Sound good?

sigh...
No. You miss the point.
Maybe even toss in a thorough understanding of The Scientific Method so that they can rightfully discern the difference between your wacky and dangerous beliefs and reality.

I feel very comfortable rebuking and "berating" others who continually deny the realities that so many hard working and intelligent people have determined to be true.
If we let things remain the same, his kids will have to have the same endless "discussions" over and over again with our kids and so on.
The time is right for all of these religious nutters to get a grip on reality and begin to move humanity forward and stop perpetuating the nonsense.

I applaud the concept - especially the 'we can't let this continue' but if our weapon of choice is childhood indoctrination then we have found the enemy and they are us.
By which I mean... we have not got the right to dictate to another how to raise his kids. We can get 'em when they're older, KC's kids at least will be nice to talk to and probably very indoctrinated but also capable of thinking - ergo I expect them to de-elect themselves fairly quickly. Sorry KC Tongue
[+] 1 user Likes morondog's post
02-02-2012, 09:24 AM
(02-02-2012 09:17 AM)morondog Wrote:  I applaud the concept - especially the 'we can't let this continue' but if our weapon of choice is childhood indoctrination then we have found the enemy and they are us.

Indoctrination?
That is not what I am talking about. That is KC's method.
I am saying, teach a kid critical thinking skills. That is not in any way indoctrination.
With proper thinking skills and using known good information as a foundation a kid has a far better chance of being productive quicker than if that same kid had to decipher all this god mush first.
There is no use at all in giving some youngster conflicting information about what is real and expecting them to maybe become an atheist later.

02-02-2012, 09:32 AM
Did you miss the part about me believing in evolution and science?

02-02-2012, 09:40 AM
(02-02-2012 09:32 AM)kingschosen Wrote:  Did you miss the part about me believing in evolution and science?

Sorry.
Your understanding of Science has failed you if you continue to believe in ghosts demons, god, heaven, hell and especially your "knowing" what god wants because he chose you nonsense.
Spin it any way you want.
If you are going to say you believe in Science, then you are going to have to give up on your religion to be consistent.
Otherwise, I find that statement by you to be disingenuous.

02-02-2012, 09:45 AM
(02-02-2012 09:40 AM)TalladegaTom Wrote:  
(02-02-2012 09:32 AM)kingschosen Wrote:  Did you miss the part about me believing in evolution and science?

Sorry.
Your understanding of Science has failed you if you continue to believe in ghosts demons, god, heaven, hell and especially your "knowing" what god wants because he chose you nonsense.
Spin it any way you want.
If you are going to say you believe in Science, then you are going to have to give up on your religion to be consistent.
Otherwise, I find that statement by you to be disingenuous.

It's disingenuous to believe that a God created the science that we both believe in? It's disingenuous to personally believe in an answer to an "unanswerable" question - "Where and how did this all begin?"

You might (don't know what you believe) say "I don't know. We'll never know."
Some scientist will give their theories, but they are just that - theories. They can never know for sure.
I say "God did it."

How is this disingenuous?

02-02-2012, 11:10 AM
(02-02-2012 09:17 AM)morondog Wrote:  
(02-02-2012 08:46 AM)TalladegaTom Wrote:  

sigh...
No. You miss the point.

I applaud the concept - especially the 'we can't let this continue' but if our weapon of choice is childhood indoctrination then we have found the enemy and they are us.
By which I mean... we have not got the right to dictate to another how to raise his kids. We can get 'em when they're older, KC's kids at least will be nice to talk to and probably very indoctrinated but also capable of thinking - ergo I expect them to de-elect themselves fairly quickly. Sorry KC Tongue

Teaching children to think is not indoctrination. Don't tell them there is or isn't a god; let them come to their own conclusion using critical thinking.

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
[+] 2 users Like Chas's post