Kingschosen - A Metaphorically Induced Interpretation

Thread Rating:
  • 7 Votes - 3.71 Average
02-02-2012, 10:46 PM
RE: Kingschosen - A Metaphorically Induced Interpretation
PENIS! Smile

No argument there. Wink

A new type of thinking is essential if mankind is to survive and move to higher levels. ~ Albert Einstein
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes kim's post
03-02-2012, 11:06 AM
What is important to remember is that our collective knowledge moves up a notch whenever humanity as a whole understands larger truths.

Evolution by Natural Selection is Fact. I am currently "discussing" it with a nutter YouTuber who denies macro Evolution exists.

The Earth is well over 4 Billion years old. It is Fact. Yet many still cling to the false faith based belief of 6,000.

We must still waste time and energy with these folks.
There are many such examples as we all know, most of which is driven by religion/faith/god belief.

Theists, clinging to their dwindling influence only serve to slow the progress of civilization.
That is what KC is ultimately doing in his own little seemingly benign way.

It's all in your head, because there is no other place it could be.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 2 users Like TalladegaTom's post
03-02-2012, 03:42 PM
(03-02-2012 11:06 AM)TalladegaTom Wrote:  We must still waste time and energy with these folks...

...Theists, clinging to their dwindling influence only serve to slow the progress of civilization.

Well said. You don't see skeptics and scientists tirelessly debating believers in Zeus. That's done, and we're past it, thank goodness. Imagine how fatiguing, frustrating and pointless that would be. But if Zeus believers were getting laws passed that impacted our lives, or were making outrageous statements (Zeus hates fags) or somehow abusing their children in the name of Zeus, we would probably be speaking out against them and debating them, defending our side of the argument, as we are doing with all other religions today.

I would just rather we were past this argument already.

"Religion is the binky of a teen-age humanity."
[+] 4 users Like yosemitesam's post
03-02-2012, 04:08 PM
(03-02-2012 11:06 AM)TalladegaTom Wrote:  That is what KC is ultimately doing in his own little seemingly benign way.

I want more theists like KC - a transformation from the inside out if you will. He uses his brain, admittedly in strange ways, but he's a long way from the hate spewing stereotype you seem to think he's going to turn his kids into. If religious people were as benign as KC there'd be no reason to have religion debates and every man would be free to believe whatever the fuck he wanted. And you can go on about how that's dangerous and I'll go on about how meeting that threat should involve education and debate, not thrown gauntlets Smile
[+] 2 users Like morondog's post
03-02-2012, 04:23 PM (This post was last modified: 04-02-2012 08:04 AM by kim.)
(03-02-2012 11:06 AM)TalladegaTom Wrote:  Theists, clinging to their dwindling influence only serve to slow the progress of civilization.

I completely agree.

I try to do my bit to promote a positive non-Theist attitude. Though not at all a "joiner", I am on this forum. I actively promote and distribute awareness of unjust, judgmental, and erroneous information mainly attributed to Theists. I contributed the outline of KC's faith, which is one Theist's POV, in all it's absurdity. I feel the more this goofy shit is brought into daylight, the more people will come to their senses... and maybe a few more non-Theists just might come out of hiding.

Though it may not be enough for some, I feel I do my part. I gently try to persuade people to see that Theists cling to their ridiculous faith for various innocuous reasons. I help people to see for themselves that religion perpetuates false claims and harmful attitudes which effect the world at large, and this influence serves to slow the progress of civilization. That is what I am ultimately doing in my own little seemingly benign way.

A new type of thinking is essential if mankind is to survive and move to higher levels. ~ Albert Einstein
[+] 4 users Like kim's post
09-02-2012, 09:44 AM
(03-02-2012 04:08 PM)morondog Wrote:  
(03-02-2012 11:06 AM)TalladegaTom Wrote:  That is what KC is ultimately doing in his own little seemingly benign way.

I want more theists like KC - a transformation from the inside out if you will. He uses his brain, admittedly in strange ways, but he's a long way from the hate spewing stereotype you seem to think he's going to turn his kids into. If religious people were as benign as KC there'd be no reason to have religion debates and every man would be free to believe whatever the fuck he wanted. And you can go on about how that's dangerous and I'll go on about how meeting that threat should involve education and debate, not thrown gauntlets Smile

Very well said. Thank you for that.

[Image: dog-shaking.gif]
[+] 1 user Likes kingschosen's post
09-02-2012, 10:07 AM
(03-02-2012 04:08 PM)morondog Wrote:  

Unfortunately, there are people who are as completely certain of their revelations as KC is of his, but their convictions include ruling over me or killing me.

My only rational response is to defend myself, first by reason, second by force of arms.

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 2 users Like Chas's post
09-02-2012, 11:10 AM
(02-02-2012 10:46 PM)kim Wrote:  PENIS! Smile

No argument there. Wink

Note to self...Kim is easily distracted from a debate, but only when you use the "Safe Word."

It was just a fucking apple man, we're sorry okay? Please stop the madness Laugh out load
~Izel
[+] 5 users Like Erxomai's post
09-02-2012, 06:57 PM
(09-02-2012 10:07 AM)Chas Wrote:  Unfortunately, there are people who are as completely certain of their revelations as KC is of his, but their convictions include ruling over me or killing me.

My only rational response is to defend myself, first by reason,

Not worth the bother. Exercise in futility.

(09-02-2012 10:07 AM)Chas Wrote:  second by force of arms.

Mossberg for the win.

As it was in the beginning is now and ever shall be, world without end. Amen.
And I will show you something different from either
Your shadow at morning striding behind you
Or your shadow at evening rising to meet you;
I will show you fear in a handful of dust.
03-07-2012, 02:16 PM
So, whatever happened to TT?

[Image: dog-shaking.gif]