Kingschosen - A Metaphorically Induced Interpretation

Thread Rating:
  • 7 Votes - 3.71 Average
05-07-2012, 05:51 PM (This post was last modified: 06-07-2012 04:05 PM by TalladegaTom.)
RE: Kingschosen - A Metaphorically Induced Interpretation
Nice of you to ask KC, so I will tell you what I have been up to.
I'm still around and active in the Atheist movement. Just not here anymore.

If you and the others folks here will tolerate my "too aggressive" self here just one more time, I will give it to you straight.
While I have not been here in quite awhile, I can assume you are still "preaching" it around here.
Am I mistaken or have you wised up and become an Atheist like the rest of us? Nah. No need to reply to that.

I honestly got completely turned off by this forum and what I saw as its pandering to your silly beliefs.
By coming here, I was just getting myself aggravated.
I found myself feeling that conversing with you and some of the others here was not doing anyone any good. Others surely would agree.
I was also disappointed with what I felt was the forums overall very soft attitude.

That's just not my style and I clearly was not going to mesh here long. I much prefer mashing christianity and religion rather than meshing with it.
I came to the conclusion that you are never going to change and that I could do far more for the Atheist cause elsewhere.
So, I joined AtheismTV's The Infidel show some time back and researched/contributed over 50 stories to the shows first season. Here is a typical show.

The Infidel has a small but dedicated and growing following. I know we are making an impact from the comments we receive.
We report religious stuff from around the world that most news show will not get near. Never heard of Boko Harem? We report on these a-holes regularly and many others like them.
We feel a knowledgable Atheist should know what a false god belief is really capable of.
We report the facts and have a great team in place. I am proud to be a part of that group.

We are now taking some time off and plan to restart the show sometime towards the Fall. Maybe September or earlier.
It takes a lot of time and effort to research the various assigned stories and then write them up for our viewers.
That's my job and I am glad to do it. Shortly after that, the producer and anchor(s) do their stuff which takes time and effort as well. You get the idea.
I have learned much more about the dangers of god belief as a result of this work.
I have also learned a ton as well from the stuff the other writers have contributed.
The obvious conclusion? Religion and god belief is just short of INSANE and needs to be educated and ridiculed out of existence!
Working for the show has enforced my previous conclusion that your position remains incorrect despite your belief in .... The Most Dubious God In History. Smile

Now you know.
Enjoy!

This is one of my own vids. Just having some fun with it...or is it "too aggressive" for this site?

It's all in your head, because there is no other place it could be.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 3 users Like TalladegaTom's post
06-07-2012, 11:18 AM
Thanks for the update, TT.

As for the subject matter:

Sorry to see you leave here... especially when the root of it is because of me. I'm glad you found a place where you feel like you are making a difference.

[Image: dog-shaking.gif]
Find all posts by this user
06-07-2012, 01:28 PM
Hmm... ever the Theist-opportunist, don't flatter thyself Kingsy... Tom is off to do things he feels will further express his ideas. I wish him well and hope he stays in touch enough to let this forum know what's going on in other arenas of the secular world. Smile

To a certain extent Tom is not incorrect in that this forum might very well be perceived as somewhat homogenized; it is many things to many people, encompassing many differing points of view which surround the non-Theist / Theist debate. While some may think it "too aggressive", others may not find it aggressive enough, and Tom has expressed his opinion to that end.

This site fits the bill as a place where I can express my secular opinion without harassment and ridicule of the delusional Theist. This site for many is simply a DFZ; Delusion Free Zone. While I don't think that anything is "too aggressive" for this site, I personally know what I am about. The way I conduct myself may not seem aggressive enough for some but one never knows; not everything is what it might seem.

It's possible many of us are barely tolerant of you Kingsy, in the hope that if one Theist can understand what many non-Theists encounter every day of their life, maybe other Theists will realize a similar empathy. Let us not forget Kingsy, you can not perceive of a thought system which does not contain faith.

One reason you are here is because your own delusional counterparts don't accept your interpretation of the overall delusion you have all bought into - you feel outcast from your herd of fellow sheep. And still, you can not get past your own faith enough to even entertain the possibility that there might be no such thing.

I'll make a deal with you Kingsy; I'll stop jokingly, insisting that all Theists have a hive-mind mentality, if you stop honestly insisting Atheism is a faith. Real truth is easy, delusional truth is just a psychosis.

Great video Tom!! My favorite line: "When I drink wine, it's my own." Hysterical!!! Tongue

You sound busy quite Tom, but I know many on this forum would be very interested in what you are up to. I know it would be appreciated if you could make a thread once in a while if you have the time. Anyway, it's great to see you so involved! Smile

A new type of thinking is essential if mankind is to survive and move to higher levels. ~ Albert Einstein
[+] 4 users Like kim's post
06-07-2012, 01:45 PM
(06-07-2012 01:28 PM)kim Wrote:  Hmm... ever the Theist-opportunist, don't flatter thyself Kingsy... Tom is off to do things he feels will further express his ideas.

I'm not flattering myself. He flat-out said it.

Read:
(05-07-2012 05:51 PM)TalladegaTom Wrote:  I honestly got completely turned off by this forum and what I saw as its pandering to your silly beliefs.
By coming here, I was just getting myself aggravated.
I found myself feeling that conversing with you and some of the others here was not doing anyone any good. Others surely would agree.
I was also disappointed with what I felt was the forums overall very soft attitude.

That's just not my style and I clearly was not going to mesh here long. I much prefer mashing christianity and religion rather than meshing with it.
I came to the conclusion that you are never going to change and that I could do far more for the Atheist cause elsewhere.

(06-07-2012 01:28 PM)kim Wrote:  I'll make a deal with you Kingsy; I'll stop jokingly, insisting that all Theists have a hive-mind mentality, if you stop honestly insisting Atheism is a faith. Real truth is easy, delusional truth is just a psychosis.

I have never said it was a faith. It's a lack of faith. Just like Seth says, "Atheism is a religion if 'off' is a channel."

What I did say is that everything, whatever it is, takes faith to believe because no one is omniscient.

06-07-2012, 01:59 PM
(06-07-2012 01:45 PM)kingschosen Wrote:  I have never said it was a faith. It's a lack of faith. Just like Seth says, "Atheism is a religion if 'off' is a channel."

What I did say is that everything, whatever it is, takes faith to believe because no one is omniscient.

Really? I must have misunderstood. The following is from a post by Leela asking everyone for crazy shit from one's respective former faith:

(27-06-2012 03:04 PM)kingschosen Wrote:  Mine is atheist:

I used to think I was smarter than everyone.
I used to think everyone who was a theist was below me.
I used to think that I was in control of everything.
I used to believe that there was a rational explanation for everything.
I used to think all theists were nuts.
I used to have a giant chip on my shoulders towards Christians.
I used to annoyingly challenge everyone who wasn't an atheist in debate just to berate their beliefs.

It appears here that you continue to consider Atheism to be a faith, somehow. Show me where I make this mistake in your interpretation... and then also show me why you seem to think that the above list describes the actions of an Atheist as you perceive one to be.

Or should I trundle off to your other thread about some random Theist making one feel like a piece of crap?

A new type of thinking is essential if mankind is to survive and move to higher levels. ~ Albert Einstein
[+] 1 user Likes kim's post
06-07-2012, 03:56 PM
Kim, it was a tongue-in-cheek joke as well as self ridicule. That's all it was. Read where I said I had no former faith so just tried to answer as best I could.

06-07-2012, 04:11 PM
Obviously, it struck a nerve.
Maybe I should have placed it in your other thread... "Tell me about a time when a Christian made you feel judged or berated".

Maybe you should relate this incident to your class and teach them a lesson. Think it will do anything for you?

Tell it to the mirror. No

[+] 1 user Likes kim's post
06-07-2012, 04:25 PM
(06-07-2012 01:28 PM)kim Wrote:  ****************

Great video Tom!! My favorite line: "When I drink wine, it's my own." Hysterical!!! Tongue

You sound busy quite Tom, but I know many on this forum would be very interested in what you are up to. I know it would be appreciated if you could make a thread once in a while if you have the time. Anyway, it's great to see you so involved! Smile
Thank you Kim. I'll try to stop over here more often in the future.

The actual quote I use is "I don't always drink blood, but when I do, it's usually my own."

God B-Less.

It's all in your head, because there is no other place it could be.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
06-07-2012, 06:25 PM
(06-07-2012 04:11 PM)kim Wrote:  Obviously, it struck a nerve.
Maybe I should have placed it in your other thread... "Tell me about a time when a Christian made you feel judged or berated".

Maybe you should relate this incident to your class and teach them a lesson. Think it will do anything for you?

Wow.

I'm very disappointed in you, Kim. I never thought you would act like this.

You make an entire topic, that gets stickied (and we're posting in nonetheless), totally mocking every facet of my beliefs, and yet, I take it in stride because I know that while you may mean it, it's also in good fun. I reply to a topic with a tongue-in-cheek, sarcastic response and you get offended?

That's very plank-eye of you, Kim.

06-07-2012, 08:36 PM
(06-07-2012 06:25 PM)kingschosen Wrote:  
(06-07-2012 04:11 PM)kim Wrote:  Obviously, it struck a nerve.

Wow.

I'm very disappointed in you, Kim. I never thought you would act like this.

You make an entire topic, that gets stickied (and we're posting in nonetheless), totally mocking every facet of my beliefs, and yet, I take it in stride because I know that while you may mean it, it's also in good fun. I reply to a topic with a tongue-in-cheek, sarcastic response and you get offended?

That's very plank-eye of you, Kim.

Quote: I used to think I was smarter than everyone.
I used to think everyone who was a theist was below me.
I used to think that I was in control of everything.
I used to believe that there was a rational explanation for everything.
I used to think all theists were nuts.
I used to have a giant chip on my shoulders towards Christians.
I used to annoyingly challenge everyone who wasn't an atheist in debate just to berate their beliefs.
Comeon, KC, you don't see how that can be offensive?

[Image: dobie.png]

Science is the process we've designed to be responsible for generating our best guess as to what the fuck is going on. Girly Man