Kingschosen - A Metaphorically Induced Interpretation

Thread Rating:
  • 7 Votes - 3.71 Average
07-07-2012, 04:50 AM
RE: Kingschosen - A Metaphorically Induced Interpretation
(06-07-2012 01:45 PM)kingschosen Wrote:  I have never said it was a faith. It's a lack of faith.
I think what you said earlier in this thread kind of contradicts that.

[Image: 7oDSbD4.gif]
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
07-07-2012, 12:15 PM
(06-07-2012 06:25 PM)kingschosen Wrote:  Wow.

I'm very disappointed in you, Kim. I never thought you would act like this.

You make an entire topic, that gets stickied (and we're posting in nonetheless), totally mocking every facet of my beliefs, and yet, I take it in stride because I know that while you may mean it, it's also in good fun. I reply to a topic with a tongue-in-cheek, sarcastic response and you get offended?

That's very plank-eye of you, Kim.

Hey, I'm disappointed in me, too. I should have confronted you Kingsy the moment you displayed this boorish tripe. Had I addressed it when it appeared a few days ago, it might have weighed considerably less on my mind and not gathered steam. Can't guarantee it won't happen again, but I will try to corner you in a more timely manner if it happens again.

That "plank-eye" thing; HA! - at first I had no idea what the fuck that was. I asked a friend who reminded me of an obscure biblical reference having to do with judgement. Divisively naive. Even if I looked it up and found one of the numerous translations to be at all suitable, I would no doubt be deficient; you would need to put your own faith filled spin on it.

Nearly everything you've shown me about your faith, appears to be some convoluted game. Thing is Kingsy, I don't play games, I have no faith. I have a certain amount of hope for humanity, which one may or may not perceive to be some kind of a faith, but it is really more akin to simple wishful thinking. When I die, it goes with me -no biggie- not meant to matter to anyone but me. Somehow, and possibly quite overly optimistically, I've included you in my wishful thinking. Should I be disappointed in you, too? If I were, would we be even? Please don't answer rhetorical questions... it just seems lame and irrelevant.

I am not disappointed in Kingsy. You are a human being and that is why I include you in my thoughts. I did feel a bit bad about exploding and actually telling you that I think your psychosis effects others adversely, but that's about it. If anyone is disappointed, perhaps faith has been misplaced, but I wouldn't know; I have no faith.

A new type of thinking is essential if mankind is to survive and move to higher levels. ~ Albert Einstein
07-07-2012, 08:49 PM
(06-07-2012 08:36 PM)Dom Wrote:  
(06-07-2012 06:25 PM)kingschosen Wrote:  Wow.

I'm very disappointed in you, Kim. I never thought you would act like this.

You make an entire topic, that gets stickied (and we're posting in nonetheless), totally mocking every facet of my beliefs, and yet, I take it in stride because I know that while you may mean it, it's also in good fun. I reply to a topic with a tongue-in-cheek, sarcastic response and you get offended?

That's very plank-eye of you, Kim.

Quote: I used to think I was smarter than everyone.
I used to think everyone who was a theist was below me.
I used to think that I was in control of everything.
I used to believe that there was a rational explanation for everything.
I used to think all theists were nuts.
I used to have a giant chip on my shoulders towards Christians.
I used to annoyingly challenge everyone who wasn't an atheist in debate just to berate their beliefs.
Comeon, KC, you don't see how that can be offensive?
No, I can. I just didn't think that people were that over sensitive. It's just that many people here can lash out at Christianity and say some pretty acidic things towards religion; however, you cry "foul" when your belief system gets the littlest of pricks.

I get it's an atheist site and that you feel you should be safe from any ridicule, but c'mon... it wasn't that bad. It's no where near as venomous as some of the things said to me.

[Image: dog-shaking.gif]
07-07-2012, 08:55 PM
(07-07-2012 04:50 AM)Vosur Wrote:  
(06-07-2012 01:45 PM)kingschosen Wrote:  I have never said it was a faith. It's a lack of faith.
I think what you said earlier in this thread kind of contradicts that.
This is talking about two entirely different concepts.

In that thread, I'm approaching views from a philosophical point of view. I say that everything is based on faith because of the notion that no one is all knowing; therefore, nothing can be known in absolute. This means that we base our beliefs on that which best supports our faith.

As far as atheism being a lack of faith vs a faith:

I used "faith" here as a term for anything religious. A lack of "faith" = a lack of religion. Atheism gathers evidence and logically comes to a conclusion. There is no logical evidence for a God, so that means that atheism has to conclude, based on evidence, that there is no God. This is the lack of "faith" I'm referencing.

07-07-2012, 09:06 PM
(07-07-2012 12:15 PM)kim Wrote:  Hey, I'm disappointed in me, too. I should have confronted you Kingsy the moment you displayed this boorish tripe. Had I addressed it when it appeared a few days ago, it might have weighed considerably less on my mind and not gathered steam. Can't guarantee it won't happen again, but I will try to corner you in a more timely manner if it happens again.

That's fine. I still think you're being overly sensitive and plank-eye. As I said a post up, many of you can dish it out but can't take it.

Quote:That "plank-eye" thing; HA! - at first I had no idea what the fuck that was. I asked a friend who reminded me of an obscure biblical reference having to do with judgement. Divisively naive. Even if I looked it up and found one of the numerous translations to be at all suitable, I would no doubt be deficient; you would need to put your own faith filled spin on it.

It's a fairly common term. It means that you're quick to judge someone for something done in a lesser degree while completely ignoring the fact you did the same thing only to a greater degree.

08-07-2012, 03:47 AM
(07-07-2012 09:06 PM)kingschosen Wrote:  
(07-07-2012 12:15 PM)kim Wrote:  That "plank-eye" thing; HA! - at first I had no idea what the fuck that was. I asked a friend who reminded me of an obscure biblical reference having to do with judgement. Divisively naive. Even if I looked it up and found one of the numerous translations to be at all suitable, I would no doubt be deficient; you would need to put your own faith filled spin on it.

It's a fairly common term. It means that you're quick to judge someone for something done in a lesser degree while completely ignoring the fact you did the same thing only to a greater degree.

"Plank-eye" is NOT a fairly common term UNLESS you are a Christian.

You are once again pretending to yourself that the entire world is only your size.

A new type of thinking is essential if mankind is to survive and move to higher levels. ~ Albert Einstein
[+] 1 user Likes kim's post
08-07-2012, 09:48 AM (This post was last modified: 08-07-2012 09:52 AM by Atothetheist.)
Quote:(27-06-2012 03:04 PM)kingschosen Wrote:
Mine is atheist:

I used to think I was smarter than everyone.
I used to think everyone who was a theist was below me.
I used to think that I was in control of everything.
I used to believe that there was a rational explanation for everything.
I used to think all theists were nuts.
I used to have a giant chip on my shoulders towards Christians.
I used to annoyingly challenge everyone who wasn't an atheist in debate just to berate their beliefs.
Here is my belief as an atheist:

I believe that "I don't know" is a great answer, and that people who claim to know when we can't possibly are extremely arrogant .
I believe in equality for all ideas, especially when I put them under intense scrutiny.

I believe that while life may not have guiding hand, I am,by no means, a replacement for that guiding hand.
I believe that while everything might not have a rational cause, we should try to find one before resorting to the supernatural, or the transcendent.
I believe theists either have not applied logic, or have applied faulty logic to there beliefs, and come out on top. Being irrational, and illogical in one thing, doesn't give you the right to assume they are the same in all things.
I believe that Christians, while dominant, do not have the right to impose their beliefs on others, and vice versa.
And finally....

I believe that what you are describing,KC, is an atheistic asshole, not atheist.

[Image: 0013382F-E507-48AE-906B-53008666631C-757...cc3639.jpg]
Credit goes to UndercoverAtheist.
08-07-2012, 10:56 AM (This post was last modified: 08-07-2012 11:13 AM by bemore.)
I used to believe in god and good and evil.
There was a point in my life when I believed in no god.
Then I went and delved into spiritualism and I thought EVERYTHING was god.
Then I looked back up the list and realised that my point of view had changed numerous times, so what did that imply for my current beliefs and I went all Ying and Yang in my thoughts, also in the realisation that there is no such thing as "good" or "bad" unless you add your own parameters/rules/logic.... and have settled to believe that I am my own god....... that this "I/EGO" is all I know and am 100% sure about and any faith I have is directed to myself.

In 10 years time ill prob think differently

We all have our beliefs here..... they are unique to us as our lifes have been up until this moment and experience/consciousness will forever be chipping away and crafting us as long as we are animated.

We all seek the "answer/meaning" in some way and ponder about where we all come from...... aint no guarantee your gonna get it though..... and that makes us all equal in my eyes.

So KC lives by a pre-selected set of rules (no offense there bro) that is matched by millions of people worldwide...... but dont we all in some sort of our own way...... doesnt society and ourselves put us all into our own little boxes????

I haven't seen KC that much about the forum recently but then again I have my own corners of the forum I lurk in...... what I will say though is I reckon the guy is a good allrounder... and a defo credit to this forum....and it is his actions that I judge him upon on this forum...... not his beliefs.

Bowing

For no matter how much I use these symbols, to describe symptoms of my existence.
You are your own emphasis.
So I say nothing.

-Bemore.
[+] 3 users Like bemore's post
13-07-2012, 12:04 PM
(08-07-2012 10:56 AM)bemore Wrote:  it is his actions that I judge him upon on this forum...... not his beliefs.
There is a book - Wild Swans - by Jung Chang. It seems to be kinda famous... which is why I mention the source... but somewhere in there she says something about meeting a guy who was from completely the wrong political party, the evil oppressors basically, and she said something along the lines of "Well, by that stage I couldn't be bothered about his political affiliation, it was just a question of whether or not he was a kind person." I've always remembered that. It was kinda an eye opener for me when I was a teenager, that someone could have a totally different way of looking at things to you, in fact could *be* the so-called hated enemy, and you could still be friends...
[+] 2 users Like morondog's post
23-07-2012, 11:28 AM
Of ALL the places one should judge someone based on his or her beliefs, isn't this the very place to do so?

It's all in your head, because there is no other place it could be.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes TalladegaTom's post