Kirk Cameron Claims Halloween Is a Christian Holiday

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
24-10-2014, 06:04 PM
Kirk Cameron Claims Halloween Is a Christian Holiday
The idiocy never stops with Kirk Cameron. According to him, Halloween is a holiday that has its origins in Christianity, and it was those nasty pagans who ripped it off:

http://www.addictinginfo.org/2014/10/20/...the-devil/

Is this idiot really that stupid? Not that I should be surprised at a Christian making up their own facts to make them look good...

“Religion was invented when the first con man met the first fool.” - Mark Twain
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 3 users Like WindyCityJazz's post
24-10-2014, 06:08 PM
RE: Kirk Cameron Claims Halloween Is a Christian Holiday
I missed that bible section when jesus publicly humiliated the devil and people dressed up as the devil to mock him for this.

"Allow there to be a spectrum in all that you see" - Neil Degrasse Tyson
[+] 4 users Like ClydeLee's post
24-10-2014, 06:12 PM
It's probably a toss-up between him and Pat Robertson, who recently said you can get AIDS from a towel.

(Sorry, I kinda accidentally on purpose lost that link. It was stinking up my computer.)

We have enough youth. How about looking for the Fountain of Smart?
24-10-2014, 06:12 PM (This post was last modified: 24-10-2014 06:17 PM by Full Circle.)
(24-10-2014 06:04 PM)WindyCityJazz Wrote:  The idiocy never stops with Kirk Cameron. According to him, Halloween is a holiday that has its origins in Christianity, and it was those nasty pagans who ripped it off:

Is this idiot really that stupid? Not that I should be surprised at a Christian making up their own facts to make them look good...

Looked it up and there seems to be two camps of scholastic thinking.

"Halloween or Hallowe'en (/ˌhæləˈwiːn, -oʊˈiːn, ˌhɑːl-/; a contraction of "All Hallows' Evening"),[6] also known as Allhalloween,[7] All Hallows' Eve,[8] or All Saints' Eve,[9] is a yearly celebration observed in a number of countries on 31 October, the eve of the Western Christian feast of All Hallows' Day. It initiates the triduum of Allhallowtide,[10] the time in the liturgical year dedicated to remembering the dead, including saints (hallows), martyrs, and all the faithful departed believers.[11] Within Allhallowtide, the traditional focus of All Hallows' Eve revolves around the theme of using "humor and ridicule to confront the power of death."[12]

According to many scholars, All Hallows' Eve is a Christianized feast initially influenced by Celtic harvest festivals,[13][14] with possible pagan roots, particularly the Gaelic Samhain.[8][15][16] Other scholars maintain that it originated independently of Samhain and has solely Christian roots.[17][18]"

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Halloween

http://www.religioustolerance.org/hallo_sa.htm

“I am quite sure now that often, very often, in matters concerning religion and politics a man’s reasoning powers are not above the monkey’s.”~Mark Twain
“Ocean: A body of water occupying about two-thirds of a world made for man - who has no gills.”~ Ambrose Bierce
[+] 1 user Likes Full Circle's post
24-10-2014, 06:13 PM
I take it kids weren't taking too kindly to the concept of no candy and so now Christians are just turning the hell around and trying to pretend it's always been okay.

Popcorn I put more thought into fiction than theists put into reality.
[+] 1 user Likes CleverUsername's post
24-10-2014, 06:29 PM
(24-10-2014 06:04 PM)WindyCityJazz Wrote:  The idiocy never stops with Kirk Cameron. According to him, Halloween is a holiday that has its origins in Christianity, and it was those nasty pagans who ripped it off:

Yes he is that stupid...

This is the crocoduck man after all.

[img]

via GIPHY

[/img]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes Sam's post
24-10-2014, 06:34 PM
(24-10-2014 06:08 PM)ClydeLee Wrote:  I missed that bible section when jesus publicly humiliated the devil and people dressed up as the devil to mock him for this.

BibleGateway seems to have exempted those verses.

The people closely associated with the namesake of female canines are suffering from a nondescript form of lunacy.
"Anti-environmentalism is like standing in front of a forest and going 'quick kill them they're coming right for us!'" - Jake Farr-Wharton, The Imaginary Friend Show.
[+] 2 users Like Free Thought's post
24-10-2014, 06:42 PM

November 1 is all saints day (catholic holiday) way back then celebrations began the evening before...The holy (hallowed) day.

When the shift from polytheism, paganism, and Judaism happened they repurposed all the holidays. Which I believe is why Easter and Christmas are celebrated when they are.

It's became a fill in the blank thing (the repurposed holidays)

I didn't read the link, and certainly think Kirk Cameron is a huge idiot there's a teeny kernel of truth in it for him to pounce on, pervert and alter to his benefit.

Anyway this just my very basic understanding of it

But as if to knock me down, reality came around
And without so much as a mere touch, cut me into little pieces

[+] 1 user Likes Momsurroundedbyboys's post
24-10-2014, 06:44 PM
A creationist that has an obscure view of history? Say it ain't so!

"I don't have to have faith, I have experience." Joseph Campbell
24-10-2014, 06:46 PM
November 5th is "Blow Shit Up Day" in the UK...

We celebrate the fact that a bloke who wanted to blow shit up, failed to do so by blowing shit up.

[img]

via GIPHY

[/img]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 3 users Like Sam's post