Kirk Cameron is a Moron.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
06-03-2012, 11:06 AM
RE: Kirk Cameron is a Moron.
(06-03-2012 12:50 AM)ClydeLee Wrote:  
(05-03-2012 11:36 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  For God's sake, just leave him be, there's decades worth of entertainment value left in Kirk Cameron if we just leave him to his own devices.

I saw him flipping through CNN a few days ago on the Peirce Morgan Show..

I'm sure that had be a nice collection of stupid comments on that day but I couldn't stay and watch it... I just saw a moment of Morgan doing a shocking good job of cornering Cameron on what he would do if his son asked about gay marriage and stances on it.

Yep, he stirred more controversy and reaped up some good ol' backlash:

http://tv.broadwayworld.com/article/Back...s-20120306

http://www.chicagotribune.com/entertainm...4223.story

Liz Smith Wrote:ANOTHER CONTROVERSEY erupted at CNN over Piers Morgan's interview with onetime TV teen heartthrob, Kirk Cameron. Mr. Cameron turned his back on Hollywood years ago, found Jesus, and spends lots of time proselytizing about wickedness and the End Times. (He stars in self-produced movies based on the "Left Behind" books about The Rapture. They have been extremely successful among his evangelical flock.)

Kirk has also been quite vocal about his feelings about homosexuals -- they are unnatural, evil, and certainly will cause civilization to crumble. Cameron's comments to Piers on the matters of gays caused GLAAD to condemn him. I suppose the organization felt they had to say something. But unlike Mr. Limbaugh, Kirk Cameron will suffer no possible loss of revenue from being branded a bigot. He will go on making his "Left Behind" films, and I doubt he's been to a Hollywood event in more than 10 years.

I was amused by his defense of heterosexual marriage: "It was defined in the garden between Adam and Eve. One man, one woman for life till death do you part." I'm afraid not. While there are some (not many) biblical references to marriage, none of them stipulate one man, one woman and till death, etc. In fact, many of the Bible's holiest men had multiple wives.

But Kirk Cameron doesn't need to know his Bible. He has his opinions.

Piers Morgan said Mr. Cameron was "brave" to make his comments. Hardly. He's said as much before, and won't lose a penny. Real bravery is opening your mind and heart.

But, Kirk has an all-American right to keep it closed.

Lulz, good catch Liz. Big Grin

Godzilla Kitten, Directed by J.J. Abrams
[Image: Kineoprojectfinished3_zps79916ea4.jpg]
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 2 users Like kineo's post
06-03-2012, 05:58 PM
HuffPo has a slideshow of some celebrity (I've personally haven't heard of hardly any of them) responses to this idiot: Kirk Cameron Responds To Criticism For Homosexual Remarks Made In Piers Morgan Interview.

Some are fucking hilarious.

"Rush makes me ashamed to be a middleaged white man and Kirk Cameron makes me ashamed to be a failed actor. We don't all think like that NoH8" - Craig Ferguson

"I know Growing Pains was only a tv show, but I have to think both Alan Thicke & Joanna Kerns must feel they failed as parents tonight." - Josh Charles

"have kirk cameron's thoughts gone back to being irrelevant yet or should I stay in bed today?" - Christine Teigen

"Kirk Cameron says homosexuality is detrimental. My earliest homosexual fantasies were about Kirk Cameron. Ergo, Kirk Cameron is detrimental." - Nick Stadler

"Kirk Cameron called homosexuality 'detrimental and ultimately destructive.' Which also describes his films." - Mark Campbell

"For the tens of thousands of men who masturbated to Kirk Cameron as teens in the 80s, this must feel like the ultimate betrayal." - Nicole Connolly

... and this one had me doubled-over on the floor ...

"Dear Kirk Cameron, If you have found homosexuality to be destructive, I have two words of advice for you--more lube. Love, Tiffany" - Tiffany Reisz

I say let Kirk Cameron speak! He's funnier now than ever before.

I am us and we is me. ... bitches.
[+] 5 users Like GirlyMan's post
06-03-2012, 06:01 PM
Why isn't he dead yet? Undecided

Humankind Dodgy (a total misnomer)
06-03-2012, 06:35 PM
Not sure if Kirk Cameron's speaking or not is really going to influence or not the minds of the flock that follow him. It sure does make for good entertainment, but this kind of entertainment is really sad, because it is a continual reminder of how fucked up a lot of people are... The responses are the real entertainment.

... plus, I thought it said he was a "Mormon" at first. Might have been the capitalization.

A theist and an atheist go to heaven.
theist: "See! There is a heaven."
atheist: "So, you consider heaven a joke too?"
------
Defy gravity... stand up.
06-03-2012, 06:44 PM
Sorry, but he is a capital moron Smile

"I think of myself as an intelligent, sensitive human being with the soul of a clown which always forces me to blow it at the most important moments." -Jim Morrison
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 2 users Like lucradis's post
06-03-2012, 07:51 PM
(06-03-2012 06:35 PM)craniumonempty Wrote:  Not sure if Kirk Cameron's speaking or not is really going to influence or not the minds of the flock that follow him. It sure does make for good entertainment, but this kind of entertainment is really sad, because it is a continual reminder of how fucked up a lot of people are...

I personally can't think of a better atheist evangelist. "Just look at this guy son, you really wanna end up thinking like that?"

I am us and we is me. ... bitches.
[+] 3 users Like GirlyMan's post
06-03-2012, 08:41 PM
(05-03-2012 02:05 PM)lucradis Wrote:  

My personal favorite part of this video -- "Oh my God, what a numbnut."

(05-03-2012 02:38 PM)kingschosen Wrote:  I wish he wouldn't be so outspoken about evolution/creationism. His theological beliefs are actually pretty good.

It's just his Origin beliefs that make him look like a fool.

His theological beliefs ARE his origin belief. That's what creationism means.
[+] 1 user Likes rook2004's post
07-03-2012, 04:47 AM
Then again... Who the hell is Kirk Cameron these days, and why does anyone give a crap about what he thinks anyway?

"Hey Kirk, Taco Bell called, time for you to get back to the counter."

"I feel like the weight of the world has been lifted from my shoulders...
Thanks for getting off my back!"
-
Arcticspear Idea
07-03-2012, 11:11 AM
Anytime a star or former star promotes that he or she is a Christian the very religious want to parade him or her around like a banner. It's proof that they are right, and it's also someone who can use their fame to "spread the Word".

To the non-religious Kirk Cameron may be nothing, but to the fundamentalists, he's a bright blazing star. And his parts in the Left Behind series (a series of books and movies about the end times, the books I read and some of the movies I saw) only strengthens their admiration of him. So he still means something important to the really religious out there.

My wife mentioned something interesting to me the other day too. She showed me a page on Oh No They Didn't, a celebrity gossip website that among other things does a series of items that they call "Blind Items" where gossip is leaked about a celebrity, but they don't reveal who it is. The fun for the forum members is to discuss and guess who it is. It's not always revealed. In the case of two items, they were revealed to be Kirk Cameron...

ONTD Wrote:1. This strait-laced former sitcom actor was at a restaurant/bar with his wife. A fan walked up to him and asked for his autograph. He held up his hand to shush the fan and said, “Shh, we’re listening to this song.” The actor and his wife then held hands and swayed back and forth with their eyes half-closed and sang along with tears spilling down his cheeks. The fan had to awkwardly stand there and wait until the end of the song. The whole situation was so bizarre that it was all the fan and the onlookers could do to keep from laughing during the emotionally cloying performance. The song they were singing was “The Rose” by Bette Midler. The actor in question has started focusing his life in another way away from acting. And no, he won’t be singing for a living. Especially songs by a gay icon like Bette Midler. Because, to him, being gay is a sin, and as long as he keeps denying his own sexuality, he is being righteous. Blind Gossip
REVEAL: Kirk Cameron

2. There is an area in Griffith Park where you can take the kiddies for a train ride. A certain actor used to enjoy taking men for another kind of ride in the same area. He would cruise the park, pick up a guy, and then hook up with them in his car. The really ironic thing here is that the actor is so religious that when he was a teen heartthrob (a couple of decades ago) he used to insist that any dialogue that was even the slightest bit sexual or profane be removed from his lines because they violated his sense of decency. He’s all grown up now, but we’re sure his wife really appreciates what a moral man she married. Blind Gossip
REVEAL: 2 FOR 2! Kirk Cameron, who's favorite color is scrotum

Godzilla Kitten, Directed by J.J. Abrams
[Image: Kineoprojectfinished3_zps79916ea4.jpg]
[+] 1 user Likes kineo's post