Kirk Cameron's New Documentary

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
26-09-2013, 05:54 PM
RE: Kirk Cameron's New Documentary
Aren't documentaries suppose to document "real" things ?
What exactly is he documenting ?

"We're here with a child who is suffering through the pain of terminal cancer. Our cameras our rolling so we can document god's work.
Oh wait, I think we have something. I'm getting a message. God is playing golf today on the many and beautiful courses in heaven.
I'm being told if he can birdy the last hole, little Timmy here will get a .001% less pain than yesterday. How are you feeling Timmy ?"

"Before I was diagnosed with cancer my parents would tell me not to curse, but they are ok with it now, so GET THE FUCK OUT OF MY ROOM"

Insanity - doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
26-09-2013, 05:56 PM
(26-09-2013 05:54 PM)Rahn127 Wrote:  Aren't documentaries suppose to document "real" things ?
What exactly is he documenting ?

"We're here with a child who is suffering through the pain of terminal cancer. Our cameras our rolling so we can document god's work.
Oh wait, I think we have something. I'm getting a message. God is playing golf today on the many and beautiful courses in heaven.
I'm being told if he can birdy the last hole, little Timmy here will get a .001% less pain than yesterday. How are you feeling Timmy ?"

"Before I was diagnosed with cancer my parents would tell me not to curse, but they are ok with it now, so GET THE FUCK OUT OF MY ROOM"

Almost all social documentaries I have seen are based on lies. This is intentional. It's how the documentarians make money.

26-09-2013, 05:56 PM
(26-09-2013 05:51 PM)Heywood Jahblome Wrote:  
(26-09-2013 05:37 PM)evenheathen Wrote:  I'm really biting my tongue here, Blowme. You are aware of captain kirk? Have you ever seen anything done by him that wasn't laughable?

Its one thing to not be interested in watching this because you think Cameron is a moron, its another thing to bash a work you haven't seen.

I'll give you that. I haven't bashed this work, just kirk.....for being kirk.

There's a new film by Dawkins and Krauss coming out soon called "The Unbelievers", I think. I wonder, if I were to venture over to some religious forums where they might be discussing this movie (not having seen it) what kind of discussion about it I might find.

But now I have come to believe that the whole world is an enigma, a harmless enigma that is made terrible by our own mad attempt to interpret it as though it had an underlying truth.

~ Umberto Eco
26-09-2013, 06:01 PM
(26-09-2013 05:56 PM)evenheathen Wrote:  
(26-09-2013 05:51 PM)Heywood Jahblome Wrote:  Its one thing to not be interested in watching this because you think Cameron is a moron, its another thing to bash a work you haven't seen.

I'll give you that. I haven't bashed this work, just kirk.....for being kirk.

There's a new film by Dawkins and Krauss coming out soon called "The Unbelievers", I think. I wonder, if I were to venture over to some religious forums where they might be discussing this movie (not having seen it) what kind of discussion about it I might find.

I would call them out for it. When the unbelievers comes out, I will probably watch it because I like Krauss but think Dawkins is a bit of moron.