Kirlian Photography

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
25-09-2013, 10:00 PM
Kirlian Photography
Sometimes called electro photography, Kirlian photography is a means to capture coronal discharges around objects of film.

It has often been used in motion pictures, including this sequence from the opening to The X Files TV show.

[Image: Opening+Credits+12.png]

Kirlian photography is often been intertwined with pseudoscience as it is believed to capture auras and spirits on film, as in this example.

[Image: aura2.jpg]

Curiously apples and other inanimate objects must have spirits too as their electric fields show up on Kirlian photographs as well. So does marijuana.

[Image: aug3_korotkov_ttl.jpg]

[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSGBvJjv9o4ET2a-qxFSAm...0KHpsq7Emm]

There are a few unsettling Kirlian photos as well. One is of an electric chair which had been removed from a state prison and being serviced. Visible in the photo are what appears to be the ghost of a doomed convict strapped in and frying.

[Image: electric-chair-ghost.jpg]

"IN THRUST WE TRUST"

"We were conservative Jews and that meant we obeyed God's Commandments until His rules became a royal pain in the ass."

- Joel Chastnoff, The 188th Crybaby Brigade
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
25-09-2013, 10:16 PM
RE: Kirlian Photography
The electric chair photo is creepy - I doubt very much that we're seeing a ghost, though.

The aura thing is heavily promoted by woo-merchants; the fact that plant life has auras is often used as proof of "plant consciousness".
26-09-2013, 12:19 AM
It looks like an aura it must be an aura because I don't have any evidence to support my theory and cool photos are the best I can get and I hope that no one tries to fact check my website because I can't stand people doubting me even though I never present them any reason to believe in what I'm saying but shut up here are some pretty photos that make it look like people have auras don't you see I'm right scientists are lying don't go to Wikipedia there's a conspiracy to hide it they are too lazy to be true skeptics because they never seriously investigate it but please don't investigate it yourself because I'm afraid of you exposing the truth that I'm full of crap and don't even believe much of what I say but here's a book on energy healing that'll be $24.95 paypal only s/h not included.

^ A typical use of Kirlian photography in the age of the internet. Weeping

If something can be destroyed by the truth, it might be worth destroying.

[Image: ZcC2kGl.png]
[+] 1 user Likes Elesjei's post
27-09-2013, 09:58 AM (This post was last modified: 27-09-2013 10:08 AM by grizzlysnake.)
Krilian photography uses "special" cameras. I don't know much about photography but its pretty easy to make convincing ghost photos with long exposure. Just have a subject sit in a chair and set the exposure to about 10 seconds. Whatever is in front of the camera gets recorded. Its really fun actually you can draw with flashlights and lasers and if you stand in front of the camera for a second and move out of frame you will be see through on film. Many of these ghost photographs are by amateurs and usually shoot pictures in low light settings which cameras struggle to get clear pictures and worst of all they use flash and they get orbs. Orbs are either dust, pollen or rain drops and whatever else that reflects back from the flash. Ugh.. I have to explain and demonstrate this every time one of my friends show me something. No photoshop required. Don't get me started on "rods".

"I don't have to have faith, I have experience." Joseph Campbell
[+] 1 user Likes grizzlysnake's post
27-09-2013, 10:24 AM
(25-09-2013 10:00 PM)Carlo_The_Bugsmasher_Driver Wrote:  Sometimes called electro photography, Kirlian photography is a means to capture coronal discharges around objects of film.

It has often been used in motion pictures, including this sequence from the opening to The X Files TV show.

Kirlian photography is often been intertwined with pseudoscience as it is believed to capture auras and spirits on film, as in this example.

Curiously apples and other inanimate objects must have spirits too as their electric fields show up on Kirlian photographs as well. So does marijuana.

There are a few unsettling Kirlian photos as well. One is of an electric chair which had been removed from a state prison and being serviced. Visible in the photo are what appears to be the ghost of a doomed convict strapped in and frying.

Another thing about krilian photography, they use some sort of electric current with the film I don't know what the hell that does, never done it but maybe it creates adverse effects like we see here. And not an expert but that chair looks as its been shot in low light with long exposure and "hand" outline looks like it could be one of the straps moved during photography. Also there seems to be saturated colors, another thing about long exposure it lets in a lot of light into the lens and make things brighter. I done this in a graveyard on a few headstones in pitch black night. Not even using flash I set the exposure to about 40secs and it looks like it was taken at dusk. Pareidolia is another thing, you see patterns that aren't actually there. Ever see a cloud that looks like a head or some kind of animal?Same thing going on.
27-09-2013, 11:30 AM
Never believed the aura shit, but the pictures are pretty Smile

[Image: sigvacachica.png]
27-09-2013, 12:24 PM
Mostly just imaging artifacts. You can do all sorts of tricks with film and lenses. Super cool, but, y'know... tricks...

Side note, we do all have auras. Not that that means anything, but they're totally there (er, and invisible).

... this is my signature!
27-09-2013, 01:08 PM (This post was last modified: 27-09-2013 01:15 PM by Carlo_The_Bugsmasher_Driver.)
(27-09-2013 12:24 PM)cjlr Wrote:  Mostly just imaging artifacts. You can do all sorts of tricks with film and lenses. Super cool, but, y'know... tricks...

Side note, we do all have auras. Not that that means anything, but they're totally there (er, and invisible).

It's not a trick per se. Kirlian photography does capture electrical fields, high voltage discharges, coronas etc. around objects.

It's just that a lot of people interpret this as being evidence of spirits, auras etc. As in the photo of the electric chair, it can be disturbing when the subject involves a room or artifacts where people have died or believed to be haunted by ghosts.

"IN THRUST WE TRUST"

"We were conservative Jews and that meant we obeyed God's Commandments until His rules became a royal pain in the ass."

27-09-2013, 01:18 PM
Here's a pretty good article which explains Kirlian photography as well as what the captured 'auras' are.

http://www.lightstalking.com/what-is-kir...h-revealed

"IN THRUST WE TRUST"

27-09-2013, 01:27 PM
(27-09-2013 10:24 AM)grizzlysnake Wrote:  
(25-09-2013 10:00 PM)Carlo_The_Bugsmasher_Driver Wrote:  Sometimes called electro photography, Kirlian photography is a means to capture coronal discharges around objects of film.

Another thing about krilian photography, they use some sort of electric current with the film I don't know what the hell that does, never done it but maybe it creates adverse effects like we see here. And not an expert but that chair looks as its been shot in low light with long exposure and "hand" outline looks like it could be one of the straps moved during photography. Also there seems to be saturated colors, another thing about long exposure it lets in a lot of light into the lens and make things brighter. I done this in a graveyard on a few headstones in pitch black night. Not even using flash I set the exposure to about 40secs and it looks like it was taken at dusk. Pareidolia is another thing, you see patterns that aren't actually there. Ever see a cloud that looks like a head or some kind of animal?Same thing going on.

I'm not sure on the details but the photo of the chair was taken by Fred Leuchter (who's also a Holocaust Denier, which pretty much flushes his crediblilty down the toilet). It was a 5-second timed exposure, shot in total darkness with the subject briefly illuminated for 2 seconds. Several images of the chair were taken using this procedure, but only this one produced the unusual images. Leuchter claimed he had no idea of what was photographed "only that something was".

"IN THRUST WE TRUST"