Kiss PBS goodbye

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
18-03-2017, 11:40 AM
RE: Kiss PBS goodbye
What really NEA is? What is the purpose of the NEA? Why do we have to fund it? Can someone explain it to me in a very plain language?

English is my second language.
I AM DEPLORABLE AND IRREDEEMABLE
SHE PERSISTED WE RESISTED
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
18-03-2017, 11:43 AM (This post was last modified: 18-03-2017 11:47 AM by Alla.)
(18-03-2017 11:32 AM)GirlyMan Wrote:  
(18-03-2017 11:23 AM)Alla Wrote:  Why won't it survive?

It, the NEH and CBP are govenrment agencies. No federal funding, no agency. No tickie, no laundry.

Thanks, I was exploring internet I found out that it is government agency. I understand now why.

18-03-2017, 11:49 AM
(18-03-2017 11:40 AM)Alla Wrote:  What really NEA is? What is the purpose of the NEA? Why do we have to fund it? Can someone explain it to me in a very plain language?

It depends on your point of view. From one perspective it's a societal recognition that encouraging beauty and expression in all forms is beneficial to society as a whole. From another point of view it's a handout to moochers too lazy to die in the coal mines like a real American.

#sigh
[+] 4 users Like GirlyMan's post
18-03-2017, 11:53 AM
(18-03-2017 11:30 AM)GirlyMan Wrote:  
(18-03-2017 11:21 AM)Alla Wrote:  I believe that we live in the world where it is important to send very strong message to countries like Russia, China, Iran. Building strong military is the kind of language
Putin understands.

The next global conflict will not involve tanks or bombs or guns. It will be fought digitally. Power grids going down, water treatment systems and nuclear reactors and dams and other infrastructure being hacked. Each country's own infrastructure will be the weapons used against it. If it wasn't clear to anyone before I hope it's clear now that both Russia and China and Estonia are years if not decades ahead of us in cyber-warfare. The fuck's the difference between 8,000 and 7,000 nukes. China's done the math and decided investing in 260 was enough for their purposes. Puffing out one's chest may have worked once, but the geek with the scotch-taped glasses just emptied the bank accounts while everyone was distracted by the huffing and puffing and blowing down of houses.

That!!!!!!

Same thing with the wall - get some high tech surveillance over there and a bunch of patrol. It's cheaper and provides permanent employment. A wall is ridiculous in this day and age.

Trump is not living in the present - and apparently Bannon doesn't get it yet either.

[Image: dobie.png]Science is the process we've designed to be responsible for generating our best guess as to what the fuck is going on. Girly Man
[+] 1 user Likes Dom's post
18-03-2017, 11:57 AM (This post was last modified: 18-03-2017 12:12 PM by EvolutionKills.)
(18-03-2017 11:53 AM)Dom Wrote:  
(18-03-2017 11:30 AM)GirlyMan Wrote:  The next global conflict will not involve tanks or bombs or guns. It will be fought digitally. Power grids going down, water treatment systems and nuclear reactors and dams and other infrastructure being hacked. Each country's own infrastructure will be the weapons used against it. If it wasn't clear to anyone before I hope it's clear now that both Russia and China and Estonia are years if not decades ahead of us in cyber-warfare. The fuck's the difference between 8,000 and 7,000 nukes. China's done the math and decided investing in 260 was enough for their purposes. Puffing out one's chest may have worked once, but the geek with the scotch-taped glasses just emptied the bank accounts while everyone was distracted by the huffing and puffing and blowing down of houses.

That!!!!!!

Same thing with the wall - get some high tech surveillance over there and a bunch of patrol. It's cheaper and provides permanent employment. A wall is ridiculous in this day and age.

Trump is not living in the present - and apparently Bannon doesn't get it yet either.

Plus, let's not forget that those poor dirty illegals have access to wall scaling technology.

[Image: rope-006.jpg]

Pretty sure that it's a hell of a lot cheaper than the ineffectual wall will be too. Dodgy

[Image: E3WvRwZ.gif]
[+] 2 users Like EvolutionKills's post
18-03-2017, 12:08 PM (This post was last modified: 18-03-2017 12:16 PM by Rockblossom.)
(18-03-2017 11:53 AM)Dom Wrote:  Same thing with the wall - get some high tech surveillance over there and a bunch of patrol. It's cheaper and provides permanent employment. A wall is ridiculous in this day and age.
Yup. When I was at Ft. Huachuca, AZ in the 70's, we helped set up various electronic sensors to monitor known border crossings. There's a lot of tech employed along the border, and any group bigger than a couple of people is almost invariably detected. They are not always intercepted, because the terrain is rugged and patrols may be 30-45 minutes away. And Coyotes (the human kind) find out fast what times and places give them the most lead time. Tunnels. Crossings into private land where the patrols need the owner's permission to search. Cargo trucks with hidden compartments that cross at the border stations, and no wall will stop.

But for a mere $3 billion or so, we can have a 30 ft. wall, because people in Mexico don't understand the concept of ladders.

Added: Of course, all of that new tech will need a lot of new tech-savvy workers, which we will need to get from Mexico. Dodgy
http://www.nearshoreamericas.com/mexico-...-shortage/
[+] 1 user Likes Rockblossom's post
18-03-2017, 12:17 PM
(18-03-2017 12:08 PM)Rockblossom Wrote:  But for a mere $3 billion or so, we can have a 30 ft. wall, because people in Mexico don't understand the concept of ladders.

Tunnels. They're very good with tunnels.

#sigh
[+] 1 user Likes GirlyMan's post
18-03-2017, 01:01 PM
GirlyMan Wrote:It depends on your point of view. From one perspective it's a societal recognition that encouraging beauty and expression in all forms is beneficial to society as a whole.
How is the government agency encouraging beauty and expression in all forms? Why does the government have to do this?
What does beauty and expression in all forms have to do with art?

18-03-2017, 01:04 PM
GirlyMan Wrote:The next global conflict will not involve tanks or bombs or guns. It will be fought digitally.
Then why does Putin build tanks and guns and bombs? Why does he increase army? This is how he occupied my Motherland Ukraine. With tanks and guns and bombs. And with the soldiers.

18-03-2017, 01:13 PM
(18-03-2017 12:17 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  
(18-03-2017 12:08 PM)Rockblossom Wrote:  But for a mere $3 billion or so, we can have a 30 ft. wall, because people in Mexico don't understand the concept of ladders.

Tunnels. They're very good with tunnels.

My husband just talked to some people who in this country illegally. Some Mexicans. They work on the fields. They said it is much harder right now to cross the border. It is more expensive. They have to pay between $7,000 and $10,000. They also said that there are some places where it is still possible to cross. And yes, they talked about tunnels. But I think in some parts wall will work.