Kiss PBS goodbye

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
28-03-2017, 04:52 PM
RE: Kiss PBS goodbye
(28-03-2017 04:48 PM)Alla Wrote:  
GirlyMan Wrote:You are wrong to consider money as sacred. It is anything but. And you diminish your own sacred scriptures by describing money in the same words. You didn't mean "sacred", you probably meant "precious" or something like that.
When money are earned honestly they are too sacred to waste them. Money that are spent on food to feed hungry then these particular money are sacred. Money that are spent on medicine to help sick person to survive are sacred money.
LDS people see many things the way the rest of the world doesn't see them.
For example, LDS person will tell you that to wash husband's dirty socks is spiritual experience when it is done out of love and with happiness and desire to serve.

I don't understand how it is not forced servitude if it is expected of you. Is it? Do you have a choice to have your own career in the LDS church? Or are you required, as the wife, to do the housework, cook, clean, etc.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
28-03-2017, 05:00 PM
GirlyMan Wrote:The role of of the individual within society according to Jesus is from each according to their ability and to each according to their need. He couldn't have been any clearer on this.
There is one tiny detail:
Jesus didn't mean that I have to give all I can to corrupt politicians.

English is my second language.
I AM DEPLORABLE AND IRREDEEMABLE
SHE PERSISTED WE RESISTED
28-03-2017, 05:14 PM
Emma Wrote:I don't understand how it is not forced servitude if it is expected of you. Is it?
This is what I was trying to say, Heart Emma Heart : when I do something with gladness and out of love or compassion I will have spiritual experience no matter what it is I am doing. Even if it is doing dirty laundry. If I cook for my family because I have to I can not say it is spiritual experience. But there are days when I really want to prepare for them the best meal and make them happy. I have spiritual experience while I am doing it. It makes me happy.
Emma Wrote:Do you have a choice to have your own career in the LDS church?
Yes.
Emma Wrote:Or are you required, as the wife, to do the housework, cook, clean, etc.
It is expected from me but I am not the only one who cooks. My husband cooks breakfasts every Saturday and Sunday. Sometimes he even brings breakfast in my bed. Yes, he still does it. He is so good at cooking. He also cooks dinners very often.
He helps me with many things.

28-03-2017, 05:15 PM
(20-03-2017 05:10 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  
(20-03-2017 03:46 PM)Alla Wrote:  About PBS: who decides what is good for poor people? poor people? those hard working people who pay for it? or somebody else?

People who have studied it and know what works. People like Lloyd Pendleton and Housing First.

Oh, OK

28-03-2017, 05:22 PM
(28-03-2017 05:00 PM)Alla Wrote:  
GirlyMan Wrote:The role of of the individual within society according to Jesus is from each according to their ability and to each according to their need. He couldn't have been any clearer on this.
There is one tiny detail:
Jesus didn't mean that I have to give all I can to corrupt politicians.

That's a fair point except for that business of render unto Caesar what is Caesar's. It's also why I don't contribute to major charities.

#sigh
28-03-2017, 05:31 PM
GirlyMan Wrote:That's a fair point except for that business of render unto Caesar what is Caesar's. It's also why I don't contribute to major charities.
Yes, He said this( according to the NT).
But why did He say this? it is better to give to Caesar what he demands than to be in jail.
I will give to Christ anything He asks according to my ability but not to Caesar. Caesar is not someone I trust with my money.

29-03-2017, 06:37 PM
(16-03-2017 07:12 AM)Popeyes Pappy Wrote:  Trump's new budget numbers are out. Among other things it has zero'd out funding for the Corporation for Public Broadcasting. CPB is a private non-profit that gets almost all of it's $445 million budget from the government. It then turns most of those funds around and provides them to PBS and NPR in the form of grants and programming.

PBS and NPR have long been on the republican hit list. Mostly because their news programs deal more in facts than any of the private networks. Facts which often do not agree with the republican narrative.

Get your facts right.

If Congress took this funding away, NPR and PBS would likely survive, though perhaps diminished—PBS gets just 15 percent of its budget from the government, and NPR just 2 percent. This comes from your wondrous liberal News Paper the Washington Post...

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/wonk...e812744358
I'm continually amazed how many misled liberals there are.
29-03-2017, 06:38 PM
Fuck you, Jack. You don't know shit about me.

Save a life. Adopt a greyhound.

[Image: anigrey.gif]
29-03-2017, 06:42 PM
(28-03-2017 05:31 PM)Alla Wrote:  
GirlyMan Wrote:That's a fair point except for that business of render unto Caesar what is Caesar's. It's also why I don't contribute to major charities.
Yes, He said this( according to the NT).
But why did He say this? it is better to give to Caesar what he demands than to be in jail.
I will give to Christ anything He asks according to my ability but not to Caesar. Caesar is not someone I trust with my money.

This is what Guzik says....

"Render therefore to Caesar the things that are Caesar's:"

Jesus affirmed that the government makes legitimate requests of us. We are responsible to God in all things, but we must be obedient to government in matters civil and national.

i. Peter said it like this: Fear God. Honor the king. (1 Peter 2:17)
29-03-2017, 06:44 PM
(29-03-2017 06:38 PM)Popeyes Pappy Wrote:  Fuck you, Jack. You don't know shit about me.
Having trouble coping with facts are you???

Now that you mention it, I don't want to know shit about you because that's probably all there is...SHIT!