Kiss PBS goodbye

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
29-03-2017, 06:59 PM
RE: Kiss PBS goodbye
Well let me tell you a little bit about myself then. Male, 55. Married for 20 years, but divorced now with a significant other for the last 4 years. No kids. Spent most of my life in the south. Former soldier. Son of a Marine and grandson of of soldier. BS in management. MBA. Spent most of life working for government in one form or another. Mostly as DoD contractor, but there was a decade and half at NASA too. I used to hunt, but decided I didn't like killing defenseless animals 30 years ago. Didn't want to give up guns though so I took up competitive shooting. It's is my favorite hobby, but my eyes aren't what they used to be so I mostly stick to short to medium range 3 gun stuff these days. Politically I identify as an independent.

As far as PBS goes they get a lot more than money from the CPB. They get programming too. The stations that get most of the actual money serve mostly rural areas. Many of them probably won't survive funding cuts. Or didn't your corporate masters hand feed you that little tidbit?

Save a life. Adopt a greyhound.

[Image: anigrey.gif]
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes Popeye's Pappy's post
29-03-2017, 07:06 PM
(29-03-2017 06:59 PM)Popeyes Pappy Wrote:  Well let me tell you a little bit about myself then. Male, 55. Married for 20 years, but divorced now with a significant other for the last 4 years. No kids. Spent most of my life in the south. Former soldier. Son of a Marine and grandson of of soldier. BS in management. MBA. Spent most of life working for government in one form or another. Mostly as DoD contractor, but there was a decade and half at NASA too. I used to hunt, but decided I didn't like killing defenseless animals 30 years ago. Didn't want to give up guns though so I took up competitive shooting. It's is my favorite hobby, but my eyes aren't what they used to be so I mostly stick to short to medium range 3 gun stuff these days. Politically I identify as an independent.

As far as PBS goes they get a lot more than money from the CPB. They get programming too. The stations that get most of the actual money serve mostly rural areas. Many of them probably won't survive funding cuts. Or didn't your corporate masters hand feed you that little tidbit?

I don't know what your biography has to do with this. I like PBS. especially Nova and the like. I only get 19 channels where I'm at in this remote mountainous area of NH. Now that I'm retired though, I may move south. I'm tired of staying indoors for 4-5 months a year. This March has been brutal for NH I think. All I end up with at the end of winter is one big pile of wood ashes. I'm a registered independent too. NH runs these things different than most states.
29-03-2017, 07:08 PM
Pussy huh. Guess that goes with that tiny penis of yours.

30-03-2017, 04:26 AM
Guys. PBS =/= Penis Boasting System.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
30-03-2017, 05:03 AM
I apologize to the forum in general for my bad manners. Not to the troll though. I'm just a little tired of hearing the word liberal used as an insult. It isn't. Neither is the term conservative. The people that use them that way are a good bit of what's wrong with this country these days. We've become so polarized that's there's just no middle ground any more, and the middle ground is where I live.

[+] 5 users Like Popeye's Pappy's post
30-03-2017, 05:19 AM (This post was last modified: 30-03-2017 05:25 AM by Jack Hammer.)
(29-03-2017 07:08 PM)Popeyes Pappy Wrote:  Pussy huh. Guess that goes with that tiny penis of yours.

People resort to derogatory replies when their ignorance is publicly exposed. Don't be so arrogant Dick. Patting yourself on the back by posting your biography, just because you can't get things right, is just going to knock that chip off your shoulder.

Go back to school. You're degree has done nothing for you other than make you look more stupid than a tick shit on a rabid chipmunk!

You shit on me...I shit on you!
30-03-2017, 05:33 AM
(30-03-2017 05:19 AM)Jack Hammer Wrote:  You shit on me...I shit on you!
Yeah, that's taking the high road.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes Gawdzilla's post
30-03-2017, 05:59 AM
I am sure tired of reading this shit.

Quit throwing sand in each other's eyes, get out of the sand box and grow the fuck up.

This is NOT what I come here for, nor is it the first thing I want to see in the morning, nor is it what I expect to see when I open a thread that was interesting and on track last time I looked. We need some of those, you know, or people will stop coming here and the forum dies.

And as for how I REALLY feel about this: Censored

[Image: dobie.png]Science is the process we've designed to be responsible for generating our best guess as to what the fuck is going on. Girly Man
[+] 1 user Likes Dom's post
30-03-2017, 12:15 PM
(30-03-2017 05:59 AM)Dom Wrote:  I am sure tired of reading this shit.

Quit throwing sand in each other's eyes, get out of the sand box and grow the fuck up.

This is NOT what I come here for, nor is it the first thing I want to see in the morning, nor is it what I expect to see when I open a thread that was interesting and on track last time I looked. We need some of those, you know, or people will stop coming here and the forum dies.

Still haven't IP checked him huh? Big Grin

There is only one really serious philosophical question, and that is suicide. -Camus
[+] 2 users Like GirlyMan's post
30-03-2017, 01:21 PM
(30-03-2017 12:15 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  
(30-03-2017 05:59 AM)Dom Wrote:  I am sure tired of reading this shit.

Still haven't IP checked him huh? Big Grin

IPs aren't what they used to be... but we always check 'em.

[Image: dobie.png]Science is the process we've designed to be responsible for generating our best guess as to what the fuck is going on. Girly Man
[+] 1 user Likes Dom's post