Kiss PBS goodbye

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
16-03-2017, 03:43 PM
RE: Kiss PBS goodbye
(16-03-2017 01:17 PM)ShadowProject Wrote:  Is there a word stronger than hate? There needs to be, because I am so there.

There is only one really serious philosophical question, and that is suicide. -Camus
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes GirlyMan's post
16-03-2017, 04:54 PM
Also apparently a chunk of that HUD cut is to kill Meals on Wheels... :angry:

Need to think of a witty signature.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
16-03-2017, 06:09 PM
(16-03-2017 08:11 AM)morondog Wrote:  Where does all the cut money go? What has he increased funding for?

In all 4 years of President Bill Clinton's administration's spending plan ('98-'01), the United States experienced budget surpluses. That was the last time the U.S. government did not spend more than it made. Every year there's a deficit, the U.S. has to borrow the money, from somewhere, to pay those bills. So anything, anything at all!, that gets cut can be construed as having been done away with in order to spend less.

You could stop paying for upkeep on the 22, 2 Billion dollar each, Stealth Boomerangs, of the 509th Bomb Wing, right up the highway from me, at Whiteman Air Force Base, or stop paying for PBS.

Tavis Smiley, from PBS, told his audience that the GOP had placed their seal of approval on classism, racism, and sexism, with their backing of Donald Trump for President.

Boom. No-brainer, really. Dodgy
Gawdam, I could watch republicans burn at the stake. Most of my fellow 'muricans, too. Scary shit, cuz I ain't kiddin.

[+] 1 user Likes TheGulegon's post
16-03-2017, 06:40 PM
(16-03-2017 04:54 PM)Shai Hulud Wrote:  Also apparently a chunk of that HUD cut is to kill Meals on Wheels... :angry:

They'll be sending the old folks down to the Morlocks next.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 3 users Like Gawdzilla's post
16-03-2017, 07:32 PM (This post was last modified: 16-03-2017 07:40 PM by Full Circle.)
The arts are essen­tial to any com­plete national life. The State owes it to itself to sus­tain and encour­age them….Ill fares the race which fails to salute the arts with the rev­er­ence and delight which are their due. ~ Winston Churchill

http://www.smithsonianmag.com/smart-news...180962531/

“I am quite sure now that often, very often, in matters concerning religion and politics a man’s reasoning powers are not above the monkey’s.”~Mark Twain
“Ocean: A body of water occupying about two-thirds of a world made for man - who has no gills.”~ Ambrose Bierce
[+] 6 users Like Full Circle's post
16-03-2017, 07:52 PM
(16-03-2017 08:11 AM)morondog Wrote:  Where does all the cut money go? What has he increased funding for?
One problem is that there really isn't all that much of a cut. For as much as is being cut, almost the same amount is being increased in spending on the military, the wall, and homeland security.

[Image: fdyq20.jpg]
[+] 1 user Likes LostLocke's post
16-03-2017, 08:01 PM (This post was last modified: 17-03-2017 11:00 AM by Full Circle.)
As I read the proposals I got the feeling that we were being walled in, with extra soldiers placed around the internment camp so no one gets in or out and all the extra-curricular activities are going to be cut off so that we are left with nothing we care about. More and more I feel like we’re the one’s being put in a cage.

https://www.nytimes.com/2017/03/16/us/po...udget.html

“I am quite sure now that often, very often, in matters concerning religion and politics a man’s reasoning powers are not above the monkey’s.”~Mark Twain
“Ocean: A body of water occupying about two-thirds of a world made for man - who has no gills.”~ Ambrose Bierce
[+] 4 users Like Full Circle's post
16-03-2017, 08:09 PM
As the pile of manure gets bigger and harder to hide, I note that the Trump regime backers from this forum are very quiet if not totally absent.

Vosur and LordDarkHelmet come to mind. Dodgy

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF

We're all mad here. The Cheshire Cat
[+] 5 users Like Anjele's post
16-03-2017, 08:36 PM
(16-03-2017 06:09 PM)TheGulegon Wrote:  In all 4 years of President Bill Clinton's administration's spending plan ('98-'01), the United States experienced budget surpluses.

Whether or not Clinton ever presided of a budget surplus depends on how you define budget surplus. Clinton's (actually congress') best year budget wise was physical year 2000. The total US federal government debt grew by $17.9 billion that year. In physical years 98, 99 and 2001 the federal debt grew by more than $100 billion each year. The last time the fed actually had money to reduce the amount of money it owes was 1957. Eisenhower was president, and the federal debt was reduced by $2.2 billion.

https://www.treasurydirect.gov/govt/repo...stdebt.htm

Save a life. Adopt a greyhound.

[Image: anigrey.gif]
[+] 1 user Likes Popeye's Pappy's post
16-03-2017, 08:38 PM
(16-03-2017 06:40 PM)Gawdzilla Wrote:  
(16-03-2017 04:54 PM)Shai Hulud Wrote:  Also apparently a chunk of that HUD cut is to kill Meals on Wheels... :angry:

They'll be sending the old folks down to the Morlocks next.

I thought the republicans were the Morlocks?

Save a life. Adopt a greyhound.

[Image: anigrey.gif]