Kiss PBS goodbye

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
17-03-2017, 11:35 AM
RE: Kiss PBS goodbye
(17-03-2017 10:26 AM)Jay Vogelsong Wrote:  
(17-03-2017 10:07 AM)Dom Wrote:  Actually, he doesn't even care. He wants attention - positive or negative, it's all the same. Long as everyone watches him and talks about him, all is well in trumpland.

That was before, this is now. Trump thinks he has a mandate to make major changes to the country, regardless of what the laws and Constitution say. He's already seeing otherwise with setbacks, yet won't believe it. So of course he will lash out at whoever he thinks is holding him back. That's why the Republicans will play him like a fiddle -- he will need the wins they'll offer.

He could never do what he said he could, even if he was allowed to try.

Wins, yes, wins are important. Being liked is not. In his mind though, he always wins. Even when he loses yuge and bigly, he will find wins in there, even if it's just a smartass answer.

I don't really think he has a mandate. You give him way too much credit.

[Image: dobie.png]Science is the process we've designed to be responsible for generating our best guess as to what the fuck is going on. Girly Man
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 2 users Like Dom's post
17-03-2017, 01:41 PM
(16-03-2017 08:01 PM)Full Circle Wrote:  As I read the proposals I got the feeling that we were being walled in, with extra soldiers placed around the internment camp so no one gets in or out and all the extra-curricular activities are going to be cut off so that we are left with nothing we care about. More and more I feel like we’re the one’s being put in a cage.

https://www.nytimes.com/2017/03/16/us/po...udget.html
This is exactly how I've been feeling. As he plays favorites with the media, it's like countries that only allow its citizens to see what they want them to see. As he screws with the Education department, PBS, and the like, it's like countries that keep their populace uneducated and primed for manipulation. I don't think I even need to spell out the reasons for feeling like countries where the leadership hogs the wealth and power. The whole concept of building a wall, the immigration ban, and the deportations do make it feel like an internment camp. And, while Trump may be an exceptional lunatic, how can it be that so many other elected leaders just fall right in step with him (rhetorical)? Is there no chance of some sanity in all of this? Fuck!!

I am not accountable to any God. I am accountable to myself - and not because I think I am God as some theists would try to assert - but because, no matter what actions I take, thoughts I think, or words I utter, I have to be able to live with myself.
[+] 1 user Likes Impulse's post
17-03-2017, 01:44 PM
(17-03-2017 10:26 AM)Jay Vogelsong Wrote:  That was before, this is now. Trump thinks he has a mandate to make major changes to the country, regardless of what the laws and Constitution say. He's already seeing otherwise with setbacks, yet won't believe it. So of course he will lash out at whoever he thinks is holding him back. That's why the Republicans will play him like a fiddle -- he will need the wins they'll offer.

He could never do what he said he could, even if he was allowed to try.
This is what I thought when he was first elected, but now most seem to be falling right in line with him. Trump seems to be playing the Republican fiddle and then some. I think many are afraid of him.

I am not accountable to any God. I am accountable to myself - and not because I think I am God as some theists would try to assert - but because, no matter what actions I take, thoughts I think, or words I utter, I have to be able to live with myself.
17-03-2017, 11:29 PM
(16-03-2017 08:09 PM)Anjele Wrote:  As the pile of manure gets bigger and harder to hide, I note that the Trump regime backers from this forum are very quiet if not totally absent.

Vosur and LordDarkHelmet come to mind. Dodgy
I can not speak for them but I will be very surprised if they would tell me that they are disappointed in Trump. I am sure they are very happy that Trump at least is trying to do what he promised he will do. I didn't believe him but I voted for him any way because I was very, very never-Hillary.
Now I am his supporter. I can imagine how happy with Trump all those who supported him from the beginning. I also believe that I am not the only one who didn't want Trump in the beginning but really supportive of him now.

P.S. there is no reason for them to be loud. I would assume they are content. Trump is doing what he promised he will do.

English is my second language.
I AM DEPLORABLE AND IRREDEEMABLE
SHE PERSISTED WE RESISTED
17-03-2017, 11:33 PM
I have a very sincere question. Why is it so upsetting for many to say goodbye to PBS? I want to understand.

17-03-2017, 11:35 PM
Just to take one thing that the new Trump presidency is trying to get through...they are trying to end Meals on Wheels for the elderly.

Meals on Wheels doesn't just provide meals. They also provide some regular human contact that could otherwise be missing from the lives of elderly people who don't have anyone else to check on them.

This is how we make America great again?

This is a tip of the iceberg sort of thing. We are beginning to see that Trump and his cronies give not one shit about the plight of the most vulnerable.

On so many levels, I cannot lend my support to the Trumpinators.

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF

We're all mad here. The Cheshire Cat
[+] 3 users Like Anjele's post
18-03-2017, 12:03 AM
(17-03-2017 11:35 PM)Anjele Wrote:  Just to take one thing that the new Trump presidency is trying to get through...they are trying to end Meals on Wheels for the elderly.

Meals on Wheels doesn't just provide meals. They also provide some regular human contact that could otherwise be missing from the lives of elderly people who don't have anyone else to check on them.

This is how we make America great again?

This is a tip of the iceberg sort of thing. We are beginning to see that Trump and his cronies give not one shit about the plight of the most vulnerable.

On so many levels, I cannot lend my support to the Trumpinators.

Medicate has a program for elderly - A&D wavier. Someone can come and help elderly to cook food, clean the house, brush hair, take to a doctor and many, many other things.
Can those elderly people apply for this program and get all kind of help and not just meals?
why can't meals on wheels program survive without federal money?

18-03-2017, 12:08 AM
Why can't PBS survive without federal money?

18-03-2017, 12:22 AM
(18-03-2017 12:08 AM)Alla Wrote:  Why can't PBS survive without federal money?

PBS was intended to be a public resource, a place to get information without it having to kowtow to advertisers. Just how much science programming is actually on the Discovery Channel or the Science Channel? Not much, and you have to pay extra (cable or satellite) to get it. They cater to what gets them views, which is why they shown bad reality TV like Pawn Stars or stupid crank like Ancient Aliens, rather than programming that actually teaches you something. Why? It's all about the money.

Cutting off funding to PBS is like shutting down the local library, with the excuse that you can just buy your books at Barnes & Noble. Its a fundamentally different resource and service.

[Image: E3WvRwZ.gif]
[+] 5 users Like EvolutionKills's post
18-03-2017, 12:49 AM
Thanks for your answer, EvolutionKills