Kiss PBS goodbye

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
18-03-2017, 01:10 AM
RE: Kiss PBS goodbye
(17-03-2017 11:33 PM)Alla Wrote:  I have a very sincere question. Why is it so upsetting for many to say goodbye to PBS? I want to understand.

Because intelligent media is very rare here in America.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 2 users Like Thumpalumpacus's post
18-03-2017, 01:22 AM
(18-03-2017 12:08 AM)Alla Wrote:  Why can't PBS survive without federal money?

Why do you support building bombs and not feeding people? Why do you support the aerial export of those bombs we've built rather than feeding Americans here at home?

PBS can and will survive without Federal money. There are plenty of us who watch and listen to its programs who can and have put our money where our ears are. And we'll do so even more now that we have the Ignorant-in-Chief in charge.

You too can become a donating member ... if you're interested in free discourse.

I doubt you are. You'd rather sup at the Fox News corporate bullshit pigtrough. Lap it up, kid, and keep telling yourself you think for yourself.
18-03-2017, 05:14 AM
(17-03-2017 11:33 PM)Alla Wrote:  I have a very sincere question. Why is it so upsetting for many to say goodbye to PBS? I want to understand.

An oasis of intelligence in the wasteland of pop culture.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 7 users Like Gawdzilla's post
18-03-2017, 07:28 AM
Uhhhh, I read this thread title as "Kiss PMS goodbye."

I got so excited for a second. Weeping
[+] 2 users Like Aliza's post
18-03-2017, 07:33 AM
(18-03-2017 07:28 AM)Aliza Wrote:  Uhhhh, I read this thread title as "Kiss PMS goodbye."

It will happen, Aliza, give it a few years. And, yes, being post menopausal is wonderful. It's a whole new life.

[Image: dobie.png]Science is the process we've designed to be responsible for generating our best guess as to what the fuck is going on. Girly Man
[+] 1 user Likes Dom's post
18-03-2017, 07:40 AM
(18-03-2017 07:33 AM)Dom Wrote:  
(18-03-2017 07:28 AM)Aliza Wrote:  Uhhhh, I read this thread title as "Kiss PMS goodbye."

It will happen, Aliza, give it a few years. And, yes, being post menopausal is wonderful. It's a whole new life.

Post menopausal yes. The transition from menopausal to post menopausal not so much...

Save a life. Adopt a greyhound.

[Image: anigrey.gif]
[+] 2 users Like Popeye's Pappy's post
18-03-2017, 08:42 AM
Thumpalumpacus Wrote:Because intelligent media is very rare here in America.
Ok, this is a good reason to get upset. I have more questions:
1)what are your favorite PBS programs that you watch all the time?
2)do you believe that something as good as intelligent media can survive without federal money? if "No" why?
Thumpalumpacus Wrote:Why do you support building bombs and not feeding people? Why do you support the aerial export of those bombs we've built rather than feeding Americans here at home?
I support both. I support A&D Wavier program. It helps elderly people a lot. It is not only about feeding them, it is about preparing meals they choose, about cleaning their place, helping them to dress up, to take their meds, to brush their hair, to walk them, to take them to a doctor, to buy for them things they need and many, many other things. I am all for this great program.
I am for welfare and food stamps program. Those programs were created to help those who are hungry and very, very poor.
Thumpalumpacus Wrote:PBS can and will survive without Federal money. There are plenty of us who watch and listen to its programs who can and have put our money where our ears are. And we'll do so even more now that we have the Ignorant-in-Chief in charge.
Good. Isn't it suppose to be this way? Those who watch and listen should put their own money where their ears are?
Thumpalumpacus Wrote:You too can become a donating member ... if you're interested in free discourse.
I know I can. May be I will make this choice. I like to make my own GOOD choices instead of being forced to make GOOD choices.

Thumpalumpacus Wrote:I doubt you are. You'd rather sup at the Fox News corporate bullshit pigtrough. Lap it up, kid, and keep telling yourself you think for yourself.
You sound very snobbish and very condescending. It is like you are telling me that you are better person and more superior person than I am. Is this what happens to people who watch and listen too many intelligent programs?

English is my second language.
I AM DEPLORABLE AND IRREDEEMABLE
SHE PERSISTED WE RESISTED
18-03-2017, 09:03 AM
(18-03-2017 05:14 AM)Gawdzilla Wrote:  

An oasis of intelligence in the wasteland of pop culture.
Good reason to be upset.

what are your favorite PBS programs? programs that you watch all the time?

English is my second language.
I AM DEPLORABLE AND IRREDEEMABLE
SHE PERSISTED WE RESISTED
18-03-2017, 09:25 AM
(18-03-2017 09:03 AM)Alla Wrote:  
(18-03-2017 05:14 AM)Gawdzilla Wrote:  An oasis of intelligence in the wasteland of pop culture.
Good reason to be upset.

My favorite stand-alone was the details regarding the discovery of Homo naledi. I love "Nova" and the Planet Earth-type shows.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
18-03-2017, 10:05 AM
(18-03-2017 09:25 AM)Gawdzilla Wrote:  
(18-03-2017 09:03 AM)Alla Wrote:  Good reason to be upset.

My favorite stand-alone was the details regarding the discovery of Homo naledi. I love "Nova" and the Planet Earth-type shows.

[Image: E3WvRwZ.gif]
[+] 1 user Likes EvolutionKills's post