Kissing Hank's Ass

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
28-09-2012, 08:11 PM
Kissing Hank's Ass
A really funny parody of door-to-door evangelism.

http://www.jhuger.com/pamphlets/kha.pdf
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 2 users Like ThinkingOhio's post
29-09-2012, 09:53 PM
RE: Kissing Hank's Ass
The Atheist Experience reading this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i-2f-15mj...re=related

That is where I first saw it. Love it.

"Philosophy is questions that may never be answered. Religion is answers that may never be questioned" - Anonymous
I am glad to live where there is no God, for I am moral, and mortal; I do not wish to worship He who crafts an immoral immortality.
[+] 1 user Likes nsguy1350's post
30-09-2012, 02:38 PM

Contribute to the Community Resource!
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes Near's post
16-06-2013, 02:27 PM
I just wanted to bump this thread and say that I just last week made a short video version of Kissing Hank's Ass. I don't mean to post it here as spam or anything, I just figured people who liked the writing might like this. I know there already was one, posted above, but I always thought it was pretty rough, and I also just kinda wanted to do it my way...

[+] 7 users Like fuckingpowerful's post
16-06-2013, 02:54 PM
Love this! Awesome!

Kingschosen is not a liar!!!!!!(...but his beliefs are "derp")
[+] 1 user Likes Raptor Jesus's post
16-06-2013, 08:43 PM
(16-06-2013 02:27 PM)fuckingpowerful Wrote:  I just wanted to bump this thread and say that I just last week made a short video version of Kissing Hank's Ass. I don't mean to post it here as spam or anything, I just figured people who liked the writing might like this. I know there already was one, posted above, but I always thought it was pretty rough, and I also just kinda wanted to do it my way...

Congratulations! Very well done indeed. Hope it gets a zillion views on YouTube.

Religious disputes are like arguments in a madhouse over which inmate really is Napoleon.
[+] 1 user Likes cufflink's post
16-06-2013, 09:01 PM
(28-09-2012 08:11 PM)ThinkingOhio Wrote:  A really funny parody of door-to-door evangelism.

http://www.jhuger.com/pamphlets/kha.pdf

I think the link you meant is this one:

http://www.jhuger.com/kissing-hanks-ass

Religious disputes are like arguments in a madhouse over which inmate really is Napoleon.
16-06-2013, 09:27 PM
Okay, I was going to leave this alone, but there is one part of the story that keeps bugging me a bit. The part about it being debunked that the moon came from outer space and was captured by Earth's gravity, and it's correction to the previous version where the moon came from the Earth. It was actually a small planetesimal that collided with the Earth, striped off some of the Earth's crust, and reformed from the planetesimal and parts of the Earth's crust that had been flung out into orbit with the planetesimal that was then captured by the Earth's gravity. Making both of them true, and neither debunked. That part needs to be edited to fit with current science better.

16-06-2013, 09:38 PM
I agree with you Raptor Jesus. Though I don't fully understand the science behind any of it, it still just seemed unnecessarily convoluted, that's why I cut most of that moon talk out of that short film version and boiled it down to this:

Quote:Believer:
Well 9 just clarifies 2. As far as 6 goes, you've never been to the moon, so you can't say for sure.

Skeptic:
We've been to the moon, it's not made of cheese.

Believer:
Hank says it is. And we know Hank is always right!

I thought it flowed much better that way and moved along a little quicker. Also cut the "...you bunless, cut-weinered kraut-eater!" line at the end. I thought "I'll kiss Hank's ass for you" was the perfect line to end on.
[+] 1 user Likes fuckingpowerful's post
16-06-2013, 09:45 PM
I wasn't actually referring to the video when I wrote that. I meant the script. I like what the script was going for with the moon stuff. The point being that they continue to believe what they want to believe because "Hank" says so, even though it is understood by science. It's just that the script version messed this up. I do really like your version. No complain there, and really I'm just being a stickler. It's just an obvious flaw in the script version that they attempted to correct but basically just made the same mistake.