Knights of Columbus, Free Masons and Other Orgs

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
09-10-2012, 01:14 PM
RE: Knights of Columbus, Free Masons and Other Orgs
I can't speak on the KoC's influence on your SAC (HA!) but I would be paranoid too, although I am paranoid anyway. I think that the Free Masons have an overall positive message (brotherhood, helping those in need, be a role model, etc). The three negatives is their is a lot of tension between lodges, especially concerning race. In the Southern part of America there are (unofficially I believe) Black Lodges and White Lodges, and they don't seem to mingle very much. Also they require a belief in a God. Oh, and also a lot of them join for selfish reasons because it is a good way to get things like promotions (people who have been in the American military for more than a couple of years know what I am talking about), VIP status at businesses such as restaurants, clubs, etc.

Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes Dark Light's post
10-10-2012, 08:52 AM
UPDATE:

So, I went to the meeting and he was there, of course. I was able to introduce myself and talk with him a bit. He was much more animated at this meeting that at the first. All of the school staff seemed to know him well. I did not get much past small talk before the meeting was to start but I did observe him interacting with other people and the kids of those people who brought them. I learned the reason for his presence at the meeting is because each school in the district is assigned a school board member as a direct advocate for the school and this guy is "our" school board member, so he has a vested interest in what's going on and the school has a vested interest in keeping him close. After talking to him and listening to him speak to others and during the meeting my guard is a little lower. He seems like a nice guy, very personable, has a "good guy" personality and seems to genuinely feel responsible for the education of children.

It could all be a front, but my impression is that he's genuine. The KofC thing does not seem to factor in, at least not explicitly in any kind of agenda that he might have.

Stand down. Smile
[+] 1 user Likes ibanezerscrooge's post
10-10-2012, 09:46 AM
It's good that you are getting to better know the people in your community - especially the creepy ones. Now they won't think you're quite as creepy as they originally thought ... either. Wink

I don't think it's odd that someone with no children would be on the school board or active in school related community activity or projects. If someone lives in that community or area, they have every right to be involved. It is in fact, a civic right... or do they not teach government in schools anymore?

I have no children but I vote on school board decisions when they come up because education effects my community greatly. I want the children in my community to be very well educated and I will do what I can to help that happen. I want them in school every day so they won't be running around my neighborhood pissing me off.

Once they are educated locally, I want them to fuck off to college and return doctors, custodians, architects, engineers, writers, electricians, physicists, horticulturists, nurses, etc.,. I do not want them moving back in with their parents, running a puppy mill to support their meth habit, as I notice shit disappearing from my property and high speed car chases down my street in the middle of the night. I want to see my community build itself up and prosper, not fall into disrepair.

I have no children but consider the education of every child to be of the utmost import to my personal pursuit of happiness. Good education keeps my crime rate down and my blood pressure down, as well. Thumbsup

I think in the end, I just feel like I'm a secular person who has a skeptical eye toward any extraordinary claim, carefully examining any extraordinary evidence before jumping to conclusions. ~ Eric ~ My friend ... who figured it out.
[+] 2 users Like kim's post
10-10-2012, 10:19 AM
Had a KofC hall in my hometown with a bowling alley in the basement...funny thing, guys I knew actually set the pins and rolled the balls back to the bowlers, nothing automated here!

I also was hired there often to bartend for wedding receptions.

As far as I can tell, it was all about the drinking.

See here they are, the bruises, some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF
[+] 1 user Likes Anjele's post