Know what day it is?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
25-04-2013, 03:18 PM
RE: Know what day it is?
This is the first year I did them myself. It's also the first year I had to pay in. I also waited and I... put them in the mail on the 15th. Ohmy

Three firsts!

Back to HR Block next time Smile

"It was life, often unsatisfying, frequently cruel, usually boring, sometimes beautiful, once in awhile exhilarating." -Stephen King
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
25-04-2013, 05:57 PM
Another good thing about being a government sponsored psychopath, I don't file shit. Of course, I didn't before, either. W-2s went right into the trash can. Fuck 'em. Big Grin

[Image: klingon_zps7e68578a.jpg]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
25-04-2013, 06:25 PM
(25-04-2013 03:18 PM)Peanut Wrote:  Back to HR Block next time Smile

Good idea. From what you've said about your employment, you should be receiving a refund.

The beginning of wisdom is to call things by their right names. - Chinese Proverb
25-04-2013, 06:38 PM
Our's is on the 30th. I've been considering filing on time this year but I decided that they might think something's up. You don't want to draw attention to yourself.

"Which is more likely: that the whole natural order is suspended, or that a jewish minx should tell a lie?"- David Hume
25-04-2013, 06:59 PM
(25-04-2013 06:25 PM)bbeljefe Wrote:  
(25-04-2013 03:18 PM)Peanut Wrote:  Back to HR Block next time Smile

Good idea. From what you've said about your employment, you should be receiving a refund.

Well, I changed my paycheck last year to 2 dependents. I meant to just claim 1. (My son.) I thought it would be a good idea because I needed as much money in my paycheck as possible. I shouldn't have done it. It barely made a difference on each paycheck. (I figured that out based on how much I must pay in. It's like, 6$ extra for each pay period. Wasn't even worth it.) This year I get to claim my son again, though! Big Grin

"It was life, often unsatisfying, frequently cruel, usually boring, sometimes beautiful, once in awhile exhilarating." -Stephen King
25-04-2013, 07:20 PM
(25-04-2013 06:59 PM)Peanut Wrote:  
(25-04-2013 06:25 PM)bbeljefe Wrote:  Good idea. From what you've said about your employment, you should be receiving a refund.

Well, I changed my paycheck last year to 2 dependents. I meant to just claim 1. (My son.) I thought it would be a good idea because I needed as much money in my paycheck as possible. I shouldn't have done it. It barely made a difference on each paycheck. (I figured that out based on how much I must pay in. It's like, 6$ extra for each pay period. Wasn't even worth it.) This year I get to claim my son again, though! Big Grin

Like you said, that change didn't matter much. Certainly not enough to cause you to owe taxes. As a single mother in an average paying (assuming you're not the worlds highest paid clerk) W-2 job you should never pay a dime in income tax. There are too many deductions available to you for you to owe... but the problem is that the government doesn't make it easy for the layperson to find those deductions.

You might try Turbotax or a similar service next year. They're less expensive than a professional service and they will walk you through the process from your computer.... so that you don't miss any potential deductions. I would recommend getting familiar with it now though, in case you're able to reduce your tax burden by saving receipts, etc.

I hate to see anyone paying tax to the state... least of all someone who needs every penny she earns. Wink

The beginning of wisdom is to call things by their right names. - Chinese Proverb
[+] 1 user Likes bbeljefe's post
25-04-2013, 07:27 PM
(25-04-2013 07:20 PM)bbeljefe Wrote:  Like you said, that change didn't matter much. Certainly not enough to cause you to owe taxes. As a single mother in an average paying (assuming you're not the worlds highest paid clerk) W-2 job you should never pay a dime in income tax. There are too many deductions available to you for you to owe... but the problem is that the government doesn't make it easy for the layperson to find those deductions.

You might try Turbotax or a similar service next year. They're less expensive than a professional service and they will walk you through the process from your computer.... so that you don't miss any potential deductions. I would recommend getting familiar with it now though, in case you're able to reduce your tax burden by saving receipts, etc.

I hate to see anyone paying tax to the state... least of all someone who needs every penny she earns. Wink
Aww, thanks for lookin' out, bbeljefe Thumbsup

Ummm... I used Turbotax this year Blink

25-04-2013, 07:35 PM
(25-04-2013 07:27 PM)Peanut Wrote:  
(25-04-2013 07:20 PM)bbeljefe Wrote:  Like you said, that change didn't matter much. Certainly not enough to cause you to owe taxes. As a single mother in an average paying (assuming you're not the worlds highest paid clerk) W-2 job you should never pay a dime in income tax. There are too many deductions available to you for you to owe... but the problem is that the government doesn't make it easy for the layperson to find those deductions.

Aww, thanks for lookin' out, bbeljefe Thumbsup

Ummm... I used Turbotax this year Blink

Uh... well then, pay the nice folks down at H&R Block. Confused

[+] 1 user Likes bbeljefe's post