Knowing that I am the bad guy... the worst person on the planet

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
10-06-2013, 05:51 PM
RE: Knowing that I am the bad guy... the worst person on the planet
Thank you every one for your responses.

Been listening to the podcast now for several months, but I am new to the forum.

I was upset for about a good hour after reading that post this afternoon... luckily, it kind of wore off as the afternoon went on. This was truly the first time I had ever gotten so emotional... and disgusted over something coming from religion. And the post was innocent enough, relatively speaking. There was no malice behind it.

Just numbing to see many of my contacts "liking" the post, which more so reinforced the idea that I am alone... at least in that world. I appreciate the, dare I say, fellowship, that comes from these forums.

(10-06-2013 03:56 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  
(10-06-2013 02:52 PM)kim Wrote:  No, you aren't alone... nor, are you the worst person on the planet. That would be Chas. Dodgy

My finger slipped and I accidentally *liked* this.

To op. you're not alone in feeling this way...totally...I don't know the story and I feel similar.

It's sad. But I would just not look at it. There's been a little boy missing from our area for a few years now...the crap posted about how god would bring that kid back was nauseating. I just quietly unsubscribed.

I felt bad because the child is, to my knowledge still considered missing.

Nothing else to do but let it go.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
10-06-2013, 10:54 PM
I just seen this page after a few gullibles from my Facebook page added their page. I too can understand the grieving process but asking for donations in every other post really turned me off on this! It's all a scam & someone needs to call them out on it. The poster goes from being the mom then when asking for money it's supposedly someone elaw asking for the family. Also, their image captured in the lantern is fake. They're scamming people with this stuff. It's no longer an innocent mother grieving.
11-06-2013, 02:57 AM
This is why I always tell people that FB is evil. It is the devils work and you are better off without it. If you haven't read that retarded comment, you would not be upset now.

The simple truth is that you are normal, they are the evil, sick bastards. If they can accept that god has taken their 9 month old kid just to have more people who will believe in him, what kind of a sick god is that? Furthermore, what kind of sick people will start believing in god, that just killed a 9 month old baby and now expects new followers? This is a god who works through fear, it's like he is saying: "Look how easy it was for me to kill this baby, without any reason, now, you better start believing, or else your kid might be next!"

You are right to feel sick, you need to feel like you feel, because anything else would be just wrong. Morally wrong, intelligently wrong, humanly wrong. Your feeling are telling you that you are a normal person.

Now you see what religion is, how brainwashing works and what GOD (I love how some people need to put ALL CAPS in GOD) does to human intelligence.

As I can see, there is some money involved here, right? Someone is using their dead child to ask for donations? Seriously? And you still haven't called the cops or social service on them? Everyone who does not comment this money asking is a BAD person. People need to be put back into place, some things are just too much. Call the cops.

[Image: a6505fe8.jpg]
I have a theory that the truth is never told during the nine-to-five hours.
-Hunter S. Thompson
11-06-2013, 09:42 AM
I had not looked at the page long enough to realize that donations were being requested -- nor was I aware of the lantern photo that supposedly shows an image of their deceased child.

I came across this post from someone on the page asking for donations (not sure if it's the mother, or someone else manning the page on her behalf).
"For all of you kind souls who continue to ask how to donate, a page has been created for a secure donation. I cannot begin to express the gratitude for all of your help with our medical expenses, memorial, fountain, and garden we wish to make. The page describes what any donations will be spent on. You make our life's just a little easier. God bless your heart for that!
-Novah's family"

There is quite a lot of posts that are encouraging for donations. I'd like to think this is not a scam and that this is just a grieving family going through the process. I won't assume either way.

(11-06-2013 02:57 AM)Filox Wrote:  This is why I always tell people that FB is evil. It is the devils work and you are better off without it. If you haven't read that retarded comment, you would not be upset now.

The simple truth is that you are normal, they are the evil, sick bastards. If they can accept that god has taken their 9 month old kid just to have more people who will believe in him, what kind of a sick god is that? Furthermore, what kind of sick people will start believing in god, that just killed a 9 month old baby and now expects new followers? This is a god who works through fear, it's like he is saying: "Look how easy it was for me to kill this baby, without any reason, now, you better start believing, or else your kid might be next!"

You are right to feel sick, you need to feel like you feel, because anything else would be just wrong. Morally wrong, intelligently wrong, humanly wrong. Your feeling are telling you that you are a normal person.

Now you see what religion is, how brainwashing works and what GOD (I love how some people need to put ALL CAPS in GOD) does to human intelligence.

As I can see, there is some money involved here, right? Someone is using their dead child to ask for donations? Seriously? And you still haven't called the cops or social service on them? Everyone who does not comment this money asking is a BAD person. People need to be put back into place, some things are just too much. Call the cops.
12-06-2013, 06:07 PM
(10-06-2013 02:38 PM)JokerFace Wrote:  If I were an open atheist, I would keep my mouth shut. I wouldn't antagonize or troll my opinions.

I am fortunate to live in an area with so many different religions that the atheists pretty much go unnoticed. And my place of employment prohibits proselytization of any kind. (We are allowed, however, to prominently display religious texts and icons. Dude in the office next to mine keeps his Bible and Crucifix in prominent display on his desk, so I keep my copy of Buddy Christ's An Atheist's Critique of the Bible on mine just to dick with him. My display pisses him off a hell of a lot more than his does me. Tongue ) I'm a big fan of "don't ask, don't tell". My personal metaphysics are ... well personal, "Go get your own". Wink But if someone is foolish enough to ask, they'll get an earful and I guarantee they won't ask again.

(10-06-2013 03:32 PM)Chas Wrote:  
(10-06-2013 03:03 PM)kim Wrote:  Oh ok... Chas isn't the worst person on the planet. I just like to flirt with him. Dodgy

I'm relieved to hear that. I thought that was going to really put a kink in our wedding plans. Consider

Why should that matter? If I had it to do all over again I'd just find a woman I hate and buy her a house. Tongue

As it was in the beginning is now and ever shall be, world without end. Amen.
And I will show you something different from either
Your shadow at morning striding behind you
Or your shadow at evening rising to meet you;
I will show you fear in a handful of dust.
12-06-2013, 06:18 PM
(12-06-2013 06:07 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  
(10-06-2013 02:38 PM)JokerFace Wrote:  If I were an open atheist, I would keep my mouth shut. I wouldn't antagonize or troll my opinions.

I am fortunate to live in an area with so many different religions that the atheists pretty much go unnoticed. And my place of employment prohibits proselytization of any kind. (We are allowed, however, to prominently display religious texts and icons. Dude in the office next to mine keeps his Bible and Crucifix in prominent display on his desk, so I keep my copy of Buddy Christ's An Atheist's Critique of the Bible on mine just to dick with him. My display pisses him off a hell of a lot more than his does me. Tongue ) I'm a big fan of "don't ask, don't tell". My personal metaphysics are ... well personal, "Go get your own". Wink But if someone is foolish enough to ask, they'll get an earful and I guarantee they won't ask again.

(10-06-2013 03:32 PM)Chas Wrote:  I'm relieved to hear that. I thought that was going to really put a kink in our wedding plans. Consider

Why should that matter? If I had it to do all over again I'd just find a woman I hate and buy her a house. Tongue

I already did that. Blink

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 2 users Like Chas's post
19-06-2013, 02:06 AM
(11-06-2013 09:42 AM)JokerFace Wrote:  I had not looked at the page long enough to realize that donations were being requested -- nor was I aware of the lantern photo that supposedly shows an image of their deceased child.

I came across this post from someone on the page asking for donations (not sure if it's the mother, or someone else manning the page on her behalf).
"For all of you kind souls who continue to ask how to donate, a page has been created for a secure donation. I cannot begin to express the gratitude for all of your help with our medical expenses, memorial, fountain, and garden we wish to make. The page describes what any donations will be spent on. You make our life's just a little easier. God bless your heart for that!
-Novah's family"

There is quite a lot of posts that are encouraging for donations. I'd like to think this is not a scam and that this is just a grieving family going through the process. I won't assume either way.

(11-06-2013 02:57 AM)Filox Wrote:  This is why I always tell people that FB is evil. It is the devils work and you are better off without it. If you haven't read that retarded comment, you would not be upset now.

Eeerrrrrr... They are raising money for a memorial, fountain and a garden. I can understand they need help with medical expanses and funeral arrangements, but the rest is just their vanity. Sure, it will make them feel a bit better, money and new toys do that to people, but still, if they were real Christians, they would donate that money to some other sick child, hospital or something like that, they would not build a fucking fountain that will help no one for nothing. They are immoral hypocrites and they only think about their selves, selfish, unchristian and ... well scammers, even if they don't scam people on purpose, they are still doing it. They take advantage of people goodness and use it for their own little grief relief.

Nothing Christian in their behavior. Actually, this is 100% Christian behavior...

[Image: a6505fe8.jpg]
I have a theory that the truth is never told during the nine-to-five hours.
-Hunter S. Thompson
25-06-2013, 08:29 PM
My father was a church minister who'd studied theology at university. When a child died it took a part of him too. Never, ever did he try to console parents with rubbish talk about god. He had an uncanny ability to share their grief, sometimes by just being there and knowing how much they are hurting.