Koo-koo!! Rapture "Ambassadors"

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
06-03-2011, 08:02 PM
Koo-koo!! Rapture "Ambassadors"
Road trip to the end of the world

From Jacksonville to Tampa, Florida (CNN) -- If you thought you had less than three perfectly healthy months to live, what would you do? Would you travel? Spend time with loved ones? Appreciate the joy life has given you?

Or would you ditch your kids and grandkids, join strangers in a caravan of RVs and travel the country warning people about the end of the world?

If you're Sheila Jonas, that's exactly what you'd do.

"This is so serious, I can't believe I'm here," says Jonas, who's been on the road since fall. Like her cohorts, she's "in it 'til the end," which she believes is coming in May.

She won't talk about her past because, "There is no other story. ... We are to warn the people. Nothing else matters."

Such faith and concern drove her and nine others, all loyal listeners of the Christian broadcasting ministry Family Radio, to join the radio station's first "Project Caravan" team.

Much more:

http://www.cnn.com/2011/LIVING/03/06/jud...tml?hpt=C1

My reason for being is to serve as a cat cushion. That is good enough for me. Wink
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
06-03-2011, 08:07 PM
RE: Koo-koo!! Rapture "Ambassadors"
[Image: 2eqcuwn.jpg]

All that hate's gonna burn you up, kid.
-- It keeps me warm.
06-03-2011, 08:47 PM

Come May 22nd all those left behind are going to be stuck here with the rest of us sinners. Surprise! Tongue
Do you think when they realize god doesn't want them they'll turn atheist? You know, as payback for having been afforded no heavenly boarding pass!? Big Grin
Quote this message in a reply
06-03-2011, 08:50 PM
That is the most disgusting thing I have ever read. I feel so sorry for the kids in this.
(06-03-2011 08:47 PM)GassyKitten Wrote:  Come May 22nd all those left behind are going to be stuck here with the rest of us sinners. Surprise! Tongue
Do you think when they realize god doesn't want them they'll turn atheist? You know, as payback for having been afforded no heavenly boarding pass!? Big Grin

The leader predicted the end would come back in 1994 also, he said it was a "miscalculation" then, and I'm sure it'll be the same now.

Of all the ideas put forth by science, it is the principle of Superposition that can undo any power of the gods. For the accumulation of smaller actions has the ability to create, destroy, and move the world.

"I am the master of my fate, I am the captain of my soul." -W. E. Henley
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
06-03-2011, 09:07 PM
(06-03-2011 08:50 PM)Glaucus Wrote:  The leader predicted the end would come back in 1994 also, he said it was a "miscalculation" then, and I'm sure it'll be the same now.

And his followers will make up excuses and continue to follow him. Probably with even more fervor.

It amazed me the things that these people were leaving behind for this bullshit. Would serve them right if when they come back their families to them to straight up fuck off.

I felt bad for the kid too. Sad

My reason for being is to serve as a cat cushion. That is good enough for me. Wink
06-03-2011, 09:09 PM
I used to buy into this crap - once you realize that it's all fake you can go through a depression.I hope those people pull through and make amends in their lives.

Atheism is a religion like OFF is a TV channel !!!

Proud of my genetic relatives Big Grin
06-03-2011, 09:56 PM
When a prophecy fails it will be redated, its believers will believe in it stronger than they did before and they will attract more people into believing in it. When I learned about this phenomenon my first and only thought was, "That is insane".

When I find myself in times of trouble, Richard Dawkins comes to me, speaking words of reason, now I see, now I see.
06-03-2011, 10:12 PM
(06-03-2011 09:56 PM)No J. Wrote:  When a prophecy fails it will be redated, its believers will believe in it stronger than they did before and they will attract more people into believing in it. When I learned about this phenomenon my first and only thought was, "That is insane".

Believing such things can sometimes make you feel insane at times - you feel as though reality is slipping from you and only fear and imminent destruction await.It's a horrible way to live and I curse those that enforce it on others.

Atheism is a religion like OFF is a TV channel !!!

Proud of my genetic relatives Big Grin