Korea

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
04-07-2017, 05:29 PM
Korea
https://www.thestreet.com/story/14210131...t-sea.html

I suppose you have heard that Korea claimed a successful long-range missile test and US intelligence confirmed it.

Quote:The United States and South Korea joined forces on Tuesday, July 4, to stage a massive combined ballistic missile exercise with the goal of sending a warning to North Korea, according to South Korea's military, a day after the communist country claimed a successful long-range missile test.

Quote:The Hyunmoo-2 and the ATACMS were fired into the East Sea, according to the U.S. Joint Chiefs of Staff. This action came in response to North Korea's claim that it has mastered the atmospheric re-entry technology for intercontinental ballistic missiles (ICBM). The Korean Central News Agency also said the country's ICBM is capable of carrying a large-size warhead.

[Image: dobie.png]Science is the process we've designed to be responsible for generating our best guess as to what the fuck is going on. Girly Man
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
04-07-2017, 05:50 PM
RE: Korea
From what Russian and US military intelligence can confirm, those missiles aren't ICBMs, they would be medium range missiles. They could strike pretty much every single region of Alaska, a few smaller Island of Hawaii. Of course it could easily strike Japan. For now, many doubt that North Korea can strike with any sort of precision their targets, neither have they managed to minituarise their nuclear devices enough to use them effectively. At this pace, in less than five years, they might be able to do so.

Freedom is servitude to justice and intellectual honesty.
[+] 1 user Likes epronovost's post
04-07-2017, 05:54 PM
There's absolutely nothing we can do about it. Nothing. Nada. Zero.

If we really wanted him not to do this we would disarm ourselves and then ask him why he's building this worthless bullshit from 60 years ago.
04-07-2017, 06:21 PM
(04-07-2017 05:54 PM)ImFred Wrote:  There's absolutely nothing we can do about it. Nothing. Nada. Zero.

Nothing?

Why don't you ask this guy?
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/James_Mattis

Because I'm sure he's coming up with a plan while he's at his 4th of July BBQ.

North Korea is about to see the fireworks.
Tomahawk missiles up Kim Jong-un's ass.

"Evil will always triumph over good, because good is dumb." - Lord Dark Helmet
[Image: 25397spaceballs.gif]
04-07-2017, 06:29 PM
(04-07-2017 06:21 PM)Lord Dark Helmet Wrote:  
(04-07-2017 05:54 PM)ImFred Wrote:  There's absolutely nothing we can do about it. Nothing. Nada. Zero.

Nothing?

He's not coming up with a plan today, silly. This is all planned long ahead of time.. That man is a professional, not a "wing it" guy like trump.

[Image: dobie.png]Science is the process we've designed to be responsible for generating our best guess as to what the fuck is going on. Girly Man
[+] 4 users Like Dom's post
04-07-2017, 06:42 PM
(04-07-2017 06:21 PM)Lord Dark Helmet Wrote:  North Korea is about to see the fireworks.

He did mention that a war against North Korea, while never completly out of the question, would be a grave error. In those circomstances, the chances of a military intervention are extremely low. We are more likely to see another round of mostly pointless sanctions and some macho posturing from the US and South Korean army.

[+] 2 users Like epronovost's post
04-07-2017, 06:51 PM
Do sanctions even work against NK? The countries so poor and dominated by the ruling elite that I would think all it would do is make the regular people suffer more. Not that the ruling elite seem to give a shit about that.

A solution, to avoid war, might be too support/fund a coup to form a government that's much more willing to talks.

[Image: oscar.png]
[+] 3 users Like earmuffs's post
04-07-2017, 07:01 PM
(04-07-2017 06:51 PM)earmuffs Wrote:  Do sanctions even work against NK? The countries so poor and dominated by the ruling elite that I would think all it would do is make the regular people suffer more. Not that the ruling elite seem to give a shit about that.

A solution, to avoid war, might be too support/fund a coup to form a government that's much more willing to talks.

Yes, sanctions do work to certain extand. They keep the North Korean economy in perpetual crisis and its population on the verge of famine. But sanctions alone cannot completly stop their armement programs. The fact that North Korea possess massive mining ressources does allow it to maintain a heavy armement industry alive despite blockades.

04-07-2017, 07:10 PM
(04-07-2017 06:21 PM)Lord Dark Helmet Wrote:  

Nothing?

That would be stupid as shit and wouldn't deter Baby Kim's nuke program. Tomahawks? lol. If Kim is killed and they have a regime change I will be astonished. I will be astonished if we even fire a single missile into North Korea. Considering how many South Koreans and Japanese would be killed in the retaliation and how much damage would be done to multinational corporations I honestly believe Trump would get JFKed before that happens. Shit talk and meaningless sanctions. That's it. No one honestly gives a fuck. We're more likely to have an accident with our own weapons than get hit with theirs. I mean shit, we let fucking Pakistan build them. Fucking Lesotho could build them if they want them. The only option is disarmament starting with America. We can't out arms race the entire planet. We can bump this thread every 4th of July to see who's right

We don't do shit. They build an ICBM ready arsenal.
[+] 1 user Likes I'mFred's post
04-07-2017, 07:12 PM
(04-07-2017 07:01 PM)epronovost Wrote:  
(04-07-2017 06:51 PM)earmuffs Wrote:  Do sanctions even work against NK? The countries so poor and dominated by the ruling elite that I would think all it would do is make the regular people suffer more. Not that the ruling elite seem to give a shit about that.

Yes, sanctions do work to certain extand. They keep the North Korean economy in perpetual crisis and its population on the verge of famine. But sanctions alone cannot completly stop their armement programs. The fact that North Korea possess massive mining ressources does allow it to maintain a heavy armement industry alive despite blockades.

They've already loss millions of people to famine. It doesn't change policy.
[+] 1 user Likes I'mFred's post