Korea

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
08-08-2017, 03:49 PM
RE: Korea
(08-08-2017 03:45 PM)Lord Dark Helmet Wrote:  
(08-08-2017 03:32 PM)Dom Wrote:  Trump said almost a year ago: If we have nukes, why not use them?

https://www.cnbc.com/video/3000540110

Can't seem to import that video. It's really short...

"unnamed sources" of course

I see your vacation is cut short. Love us too much to stay away or getting too much of a high discussing violence?

[Image: dobie.png]Science is the process we've designed to be responsible for generating our best guess as to what the fuck is going on. Girly Man
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 3 users Like Dom's post
08-08-2017, 03:53 PM
(08-08-2017 03:49 PM)Dom Wrote:  
(08-08-2017 03:45 PM)Lord Dark Helmet Wrote:  "unnamed sources" of course

I see your vacation is cut short. Love us too much to stay away or getting too much of a high discussing violence?

Well I did say "I think I need a break."

And I do. But there's always so much to discuss. But don't be surprised if I leave for a while. Maybe I'll take a break until August 20th when the July fundraising numbers get reported.

"Evil will always triumph over good, because good is dumb." - Lord Dark Helmet
[Image: 25397spaceballs.gif]
08-08-2017, 04:23 PM
http://www.atomicheritage.org/key-docume...-hiroshima

Quote:President Harry Truman issued this statement immediately after the world’s first atomic bomb was dropped on Hiroshima.

Quote:If they do not now accept our terms they may expect a rain of ruin from the air, the like of which has never been seen on this earth.

[Image: dobie.png]Science is the process we've designed to be responsible for generating our best guess as to what the fuck is going on. Girly Man
[+] 1 user Likes Dom's post
08-08-2017, 04:30 PM
I don't envy those that have to make the actual calls on this. Do nothing and we're putting off a threat that's just going to get worse every year. Do something now and South Korea and probably a lot of Japan are toast. Forget all this "2:00 a.m. surgical strike overwhelming force!" masturbatory stuff. The North Korean conventional artillery alone is enough to turn Seoul into the moon, and you can surely write off the 20 thousand or whatever US forces there.
08-08-2017, 04:38 PM
(08-08-2017 03:18 PM)Grasshopper Wrote:  They're not pointing the gun at us, only threatening to, and they have not demonstrated any "intent" -- or maybe only the intent to defend themselves. Attacking them at this point would be cowardly and murderous, unless we had clear evidence (not just paranoid suspicion) that they were about to attack us. I would be ashamed of my country (even more than I already am).
LDH is certainly cowardly. Explains his fear of muslims, of imagrants, of basically anything that isn't a white male USA citizen. Explains his need to clutch onto his guns. A life dominated by fear.
[+] 2 users Like Stevil's post
08-08-2017, 04:40 PM
(08-08-2017 04:30 PM)jerry mcmasters Wrote:  I don't envy those that have to make the actual calls on this. Do nothing and we're putting off a threat that's just going to get worse every year.

That's hyperbole. The one and only reason why Kim is beating the war drum is to remind everyone that he has the bomb. His very own life insurance. The Kims are living the high life at the expanse of their population. They won't strike first, but one shouldn't take them for fools. They follow the news closely and the drum beating coming from this particular American administration or the parody thereoff. They also know that new sanctions have been negotiated. So it's a good time to remind everyone of their nuclear abilities.

Do nothing is exactly what everybody should strive for.

[Image: Labrador%20and%20Title.jpg]
[+] 3 users Like abaris's post
08-08-2017, 04:41 PM
(08-08-2017 04:40 PM)abaris Wrote:  
(08-08-2017 04:30 PM)jerry mcmasters Wrote:  I don't envy those that have to make the actual calls on this. Do nothing and we're putting off a threat that's just going to get worse every year.

That's hyperbole. The one and only reason why Kim is beating the war drum is to remind everyone that he has the bomb. His very own life insurance. The Kims are living the high life at the expanse of their population. They won't strike first, but one shouldn't take them for fools. They follow the news closely and the drum beating coming from this particular American administration or the parody thereoff. They also know that new sanctions have been negotiated. So it's a good time to remind everyone of their nuclear abilities.

Well, now Kim says that he is looking at plans to attack Guam.

08-08-2017, 04:45 PM
(08-08-2017 04:41 PM)Dom Wrote:  Well, now Kim says that he is looking at plans to attack Guam.

Honestly, do you think he will do that? Would you? What's to gain? Don't take him for a lunatic. Nobody should.

[Image: Labrador%20and%20Title.jpg]
08-08-2017, 04:47 PM (This post was last modified: 08-08-2017 05:14 PM by Dom.)
(08-08-2017 04:45 PM)abaris Wrote:  
(08-08-2017 04:41 PM)Dom Wrote:  Well, now Kim says that he is looking at plans to attack Guam.

Honestly, do you think he will do that? Would you? What's to gain? Don't take him for a lunatic. Nobody should.

Takes only one lunatic. Maybe he doesn't expect trump to be a lunatic.

Hopefully they are just a couple of peacocks displaying. So many lives and so much pain in the balance.

[+] 2 users Like Dom's post
08-08-2017, 05:07 PM
(08-08-2017 04:41 PM)Dom Wrote:  
(08-08-2017 04:40 PM)abaris Wrote:  That's hyperbole. The one and only reason why Kim is beating the war drum is to remind everyone that he has the bomb. His very own life insurance. The Kims are living the high life at the expanse of their population. They won't strike first, but one shouldn't take them for fools. They follow the news closely and the drum beating coming from this particular American administration or the parody thereoff. They also know that new sanctions have been negotiated. So it's a good time to remind everyone of their nuclear abilities.

Well, now Kim says that he is looking at plans to attack Guam.

He might be drinking his own Kool-Aid. That's shabby form.

We have to remember that what we observe is not nature herself, but nature exposed to our method of questioning ~ Werner Heisenberg