Korea

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
12-08-2017, 02:44 AM
RE: Korea
(12-08-2017 02:38 AM)morondog Wrote:  
(12-08-2017 02:29 AM)WhiskeyDebates Wrote:  So ya maybe not fund every fucking repressive lying regime he can find is a good start, though I ain't holding my breath.

Trump has previously spoken as an admirer of Kim Jong Un. All this political posturing aside, he'd be best buddies with him given half the chance. Repressive lying regimes are what he seeks to emulate.
I don't disagree, Brian just asked what he COULD do differently so I gave an honest answer. Don't get me wrong I absolutely agree with ya. People on both sides of the fence like to cosy up to some truly fuck off horrific people.

I'm still amazed both my country and the US has anything to do with the Saudis.

When valour preys on reason, it eats the sword it fights with.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 2 users Like WhiskeyDebates's post
12-08-2017, 05:28 AM
(11-08-2017 05:30 PM)Brian37 Wrote:  I could give a shit less at this point that Hillary lost. If you support that asshole you have serious mental problems...

As do 62,984,825 of your fellow US countrymen Brian—who voted for Trump. The American citizenry have nobody to blame for electing the most despised POTUS in history other than themselves. Rather than still bitching tediously about Trump, maybe you should be talking about how the seriously outmoded, 200-year-old Electoral College system should be gotten rid of in order to establish a truly democratic electoral system.

And because voting is not compulsory, only 64.6% of the US population is registered to vote—219 million eligible v. 142 million.

Both the above facts are the principal reasons the US now has the incompetent, racist, homophobic, warmongering President that they're now complaining bitterly about. Sorry guys: you might shit in your bed, but you still have to sleep in it. Sadcryface

I'm a creationist... I believe that man created God.
[+] 2 users Like SYZ's post
12-08-2017, 06:01 AM
(12-08-2017 05:28 AM)SYZ Wrote:  Sorry guys: you might shit in your bed, but you still have to sleep in it. Sadcryface

The problem is, with an American president, the whole world has to sleep in it. This isn't the Philippines or Hungary, this is the largest economic and military force in the world.

[Image: Labrador%20and%20Title.jpg]
12-08-2017, 07:14 AM
(10-08-2017 05:24 PM)Stefan Mayerschoff Wrote:  
(10-08-2017 11:16 AM)Birdguy1979 Wrote:  I don't think he has been that bad. Then again, I am only evaluating Obama based on how he helped/hurt me. If he didn't do me so wrong, I might have tossed my vote at an independent. What happens when you decide to smack down a large segment of the population? Your party gets denied. If Hillary runs again next election, or worse Chelsea Clinton (throws up in mouth a little), I will again vote republican. Keep that in mind for the primaries next time around. I don't agree with Trump on everything and he is capable of being wrong, but ocare has got to get shredded.

Serious question. How has the ACA hurt you, personally?

Serious answer. The rich politicians (including Obama) excluded themselves from the ACA, because how dare they have to pay a dime for their healthcare. My wife and I were working bad jobs. I had only healthcare for myself at an expense. My employer offered it, but only to me not my family and I had to contribute. It was not free. Couple that with my wife being on a 1099 and was being paid before taxes what we needed to pay our bills. The same people that excluded themselves from their own rules, decided that people not paying for healthcare are just being cheap. Because of the aca, it would have been $600 a month just to insure my wife on the most basic plan. Since we are married and she is young/old enough to get pregnant, it was more expensive. Because they also decided that single and female, I guess women are less likely to get pregnant so it was discounted for single people. We had been barely able to pay our taxes on a payment plan after the year was over, as soon as the fines took effect we were screwed. We are now both on the books and I have an affordable plan for both of us through my new employer. The aca only hurt us. We are still paying off the debts Obama caused.
[+] 1 user Likes Birdguy1979's post
12-08-2017, 10:32 PM (This post was last modified: 12-08-2017 10:42 PM by GirlyMan.)
So me and the meatheads were discussing the imminent end of life as we know it and got to thinking, "You know what? Somebody's else already went through all this reasoning the first go around. Let's see what Truman was thinking.

Harry S Truman’s Decision to Use the Atomic Bomb

... (pregnant pause) ... "You know our commander in chief's never read that, right?" ... "I'm not sure he could comprehend it." .... "I'm not sure he could read it." .... (collective sigh) ... "We all gonna die."

#sigh
[+] 1 user Likes GirlyMan's post
13-08-2017, 05:06 AM
https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/worl...630d17ce98
14-08-2017, 06:20 AM
(12-08-2017 10:32 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  So me and the meatheads were discussing the imminent end of life as we know it and got to thinking, "You know what? Somebody's else already went through all this reasoning the first go around. Let's see what Truman was thinking.

Harry S Truman’s Decision to Use the Atomic Bomb

... (pregnant pause) ... "You know our commander in chief's never read that, right?" ... "I'm not sure he could comprehend it." .... "I'm not sure he could read it." .... (collective sigh) ... "We all gonna die."

I don't think Trump will use a nuke to wage war. It will be another invasion. The leader (and I use the term loosely), is crazy enough to start lobbing nukes in every direction once he has the capability. Nukes exist, it is a fact. There is no hiding that. We have MOAB (mother of all bombs), which is not a nuclear device. A few of those (hell maybe only 1) would break the back of NK. We have satellites in orbit that can see right through some structures, zoom in on car license plates, and those are the capabilities we know about. You are telling me that we could not tell a single missile to fly straight up his ass and detonate? It is just that NK serves as a distraction. Nothing more. Nothing will come of this other than maybe an invasion of NK, because there is lots of money to be made from destroying and rebuilding. All the while being an occupying force.
14-08-2017, 06:33 AM
Maybe China can join in and we can have a Korean War 2 except just in North Korea, ultimately ending with North Korea being cut in half allowing for South Korea, South North Korea, and North North Korea.

'Murican Canadian
[+] 1 user Likes yakherder's post
14-08-2017, 06:47 AM
(14-08-2017 06:33 AM)yakherder Wrote:  Maybe China can join in and we can have a Korean War 2 except just in North Korea, ultimately ending with North Korea being cut in half allowing for South Korea, South North Korea, and North North Korea.

You do understand that I was meaning it as a bad thing, don't you? This is the way our government has worked for a long time now, it doesn't matter which political party has power. Use fear to control the masses. Make wars to make money. Never actually fight a war with the intent to win, because no war means someone doesn't get as rich off it as they can.
[+] 1 user Likes Birdguy1979's post
14-08-2017, 07:47 AM
(12-08-2017 07:14 AM)Birdguy1979 Wrote:  
(10-08-2017 05:24 PM)Stefan Mayerschoff Wrote:  Serious question. How has the ACA hurt you, personally?

Serious answer. The rich politicians (including Obama) excluded themselves from the ACA, because how dare they have to pay a dime for their healthcare. My wife and I were working bad jobs. I had only healthcare for myself at an expense. My employer offered it, but only to me not my family and I had to contribute. It was not free. Couple that with my wife being on a 1099 and was being paid before taxes what we needed to pay our bills. The same people that excluded themselves from their own rules, decided that people not paying for healthcare are just being cheap. Because of the aca, it would have been $600 a month just to insure my wife on the most basic plan. Since we are married and she is young/old enough to get pregnant, it was more expensive. Because they also decided that single and female, I guess women are less likely to get pregnant so it was discounted for single people. We had been barely able to pay our taxes on a payment plan after the year was over, as soon as the fines took effect we were screwed. We are now both on the books and I have an affordable plan for both of us through my new employer. The aca only hurt us. We are still paying off the debts Obama caused.

I have a lengthy response to your post, but as Dom requested I don't want to much up the Korea thread with it. Do you want to start a new thread, or use a more appropriate existing one?

I appreciate your serious response, and I would like to provide the same.