Korea

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
14-08-2017, 07:49 AM
RE: Korea
(14-08-2017 06:47 AM)Birdguy1979 Wrote:  
(14-08-2017 06:33 AM)yakherder Wrote:  Maybe China can join in and we can have a Korean War 2 except just in North Korea, ultimately ending with North Korea being cut in half allowing for South Korea, South North Korea, and North North Korea.

You do understand that I was meaning it as a bad thing, don't you? This is the way our government has worked for a long time now, it doesn't matter which political party has power. Use fear to control the masses. Make wars to make money. Never actually fight a war with the intent to win, because no war means someone doesn't get as rich off it as they can.

Yeah but as a cynical smartass I reserve the right to randomly insert my thoughts.

I'm just bitter that I don't get to be a part of whatever happens because I'm stuck playing the suburban white guy game.

'Murican Canadian
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
14-08-2017, 10:22 AM
(14-08-2017 07:49 AM)yakherder Wrote:  
(14-08-2017 06:47 AM)Birdguy1979 Wrote:  You do understand that I was meaning it as a bad thing, don't you? This is the way our government has worked for a long time now, it doesn't matter which political party has power. Use fear to control the masses. Make wars to make money. Never actually fight a war with the intent to win, because no war means someone doesn't get as rich off it as they can.

Yeah but as a cynical smartass I reserve the right to randomly insert my thoughts.

I'm just bitter that I don't get to be a part of whatever happens because I'm stuck playing the suburban white guy game.

Shit flinging which is what you are doing, won't fix the problem. What you fail to get is that all the name calling and race baiting, stops us from moving on. We need to unite and actually remove the common threat. The whole thing about mixing bowl and equality only works to an extent. If we really believed that all people were equal, we would not need affirmative action, base everything on actual ability, and kim jung il would be invited to the whitehouse, and we would be taking their people in as refugees. We are ok with condemning entire societies, as long as they are not sitting on a fortune of oil or diamonds.
14-08-2017, 10:42 AM
(12-08-2017 05:28 AM)SYZ Wrote:  ... the seriously outmoded, 200-year-old Electoral College system should be gotten rid of in order to establish a truly democratic electoral system.

And because voting is not compulsory, only 64.6% of the US population is registered to vote—219 million eligible v. 142 million.

Both the above facts are the principal reasons the US now has the incompetent, racist, homophobic, warmongering President that they're now complaining bitterly about. Sorry guys: you might shit in your bed, but you still have to sleep in it. Sadcryface

You've brought these points up before, and I still don't see the second one at all. How are you going to force people to vote? And if someone doesn't care enough to educate themselves about the candidates, choose one, and go vote for him/her, why would you want that person to vote? It just randomizes the result to have a bunch of people voting who don't give a shit.

The best thing we could do to get a decent president is to put up at least one candidate who isn't a total shitbag. That's primarily what got us into the hole we're in. When you only have two viable candidates and they both suck, you're screwed before you even start. Getting more people to vote isn't going to solve that problem. They need to have someone worth voting for.
[+] 3 users Like Grasshopper's post
14-08-2017, 12:05 PM
(14-08-2017 10:22 AM)Birdguy1979 Wrote:  Shit flinging which is what you are doing, won't fix the problem. What you fail to get is that all the name calling and race baiting, stops us from moving on.

Who did I call a name or fling shit to? And when I referred to myself as white I wasn't attempting to race bait, I was alluding to the fact that I'm now stuck in a suburban stereotype that prevents me from doing interesting things like, for example, going to North Korea to help blow up Mr. Un if that's what it comes to.

(14-08-2017 10:22 AM)Birdguy1979 Wrote:  We need to unite and actually remove the common threat. The whole thing about mixing bowl and equality only works to an extent. If we really believed that all people were equal, we would not need affirmative action, base everything on actual ability, and kim jung il would be invited to the whitehouse, and we would be taking their people in as refugees. We are ok with condemning entire societies, as long as they are not sitting on a fortune of oil or diamonds.
George Bush signed the North Korea Human Rights Act in 2004 in an attempt to facilitate North Koreans attempting to defect, though the US isn't generally their preferred destination.

When I was studying at Zhejiang University I tried to bond with my two North Korean classmates, but they weren't allowed to talk to South Koreans or Americans. If they did, the other (they were always in pairs) would have reported them. At least that's what my South Korean friends told me.

As far as inviting North Korean leadership over for crumpets and tea, it's hard to come to the whitehouse when you'll only travel by personal armoured train and won't leave the country out of fear of assassination.

'Murican Canadian
14-08-2017, 12:43 PM
(14-08-2017 12:05 PM)yakherder Wrote:  As far as inviting North Korean leadership over for crumpets and tea, it's hard to come to the whitehouse when you'll only travel by personal armoured train and won't leave the country out of fear of assassination.

Crumpets and tea are for the queen. Trump serves meatloaf, ice cream and chocolate cake.

[Image: dobie.png]Science is the process we've designed to be responsible for generating our best guess as to what the fuck is going on. Girly Man
14-08-2017, 12:44 PM
(14-08-2017 12:43 PM)Dom Wrote:  
(14-08-2017 12:05 PM)yakherder Wrote:  As far as inviting North Korean leadership over for crumpets and tea, it's hard to come to the whitehouse when you'll only travel by personal armoured train and won't leave the country out of fear of assassination.

Crumpets and tea are for the queen. Trump serves meatloaf, ice cream and chocolate cake.

No, the fucker serves shit sandwiches and everyone in America has to take a bite.
[+] 1 user Likes adey67's post
14-08-2017, 12:46 PM
PS, the queen wouldn't eat crumpets, cream cakes yes, crumpets are too common for her Wink
14-08-2017, 12:49 PM
(14-08-2017 12:46 PM)adey67 Wrote:  PS, the queen wouldn't eat crumpets, cream cakes yes, crumpets are too common for her Wink

Well, at the white house, you get a scoop of ice cream, but Trump gets two. (True story)

But I LIKE crumpets! Wished I could find them in these here parts!

Korea - I think it's going to just fade for now.....

And South America is not happy with trump's proposed meddling at all. They say they have their own solutions.

[Image: dobie.png]Science is the process we've designed to be responsible for generating our best guess as to what the fuck is going on. Girly Man
[+] 1 user Likes Dom's post
14-08-2017, 12:53 PM
Crumpets are fucking delicious especially smothered in butter, screw cholesterol crumpets and butter kick arse!!!!!!! Big Grin
[+] 1 user Likes adey67's post
14-08-2017, 12:54 PM
(14-08-2017 12:49 PM)Dom Wrote:  Korea - I think it's going to just fade for now.....

And South America is not happy with trump's proposed meddling at all. They say they have their own solutions.

He's got an easier prey now for his chest pounding. Venezuela. And as far as South America not being happy about it, all US presidents kept meddling there. Why should that one be the exception?

[Image: Labrador%20and%20Title.jpg]