Korea

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
15-08-2017, 09:26 AM
RE: Korea
(15-08-2017 08:05 AM)Stefan Mayerschoff Wrote:  
(15-08-2017 06:07 AM)Birdguy1979 Wrote:  As I said, he is just a distraction. He puts out propaganda to further his wealth and power. Not too different than out government putting out selective info through the media. Nothing will actually come of this.

So, the media is an arm of the government now? No one investigates and breaks stories that the government doesn't want out there?

The Washington Post and the NY Times might beg to differ. The video media, you might have a point. They seem more interested in entertaining than digging dirt.

I know the government stops stories they don't want out there. On 9/11/01, we had Osama bin Laden's family on the ground at (I think it was Newark International) and George Bush signed off on allowing them to take off and head out of the country. It was covered by the news once or twice. Now you can't find any clips of it online anywhere. No retractions of it either. You are telling me the government didn't let them go and then cover it up? right, and I'm Barrack Obama in disguise.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
15-08-2017, 09:53 AM
(15-08-2017 09:26 AM)Birdguy1979 Wrote:  I know the government stops stories they don't want out there. On 9/11/01, we had Osama bin Laden's family on the ground at (I think it was Newark International) and George Bush signed off on allowing them to take off and head out of the country. It was covered by the news once or twice. Now you can't find any clips of it online anywhere. No retractions of it either. You are telling me the government didn't let them go and then cover it up? right, and I'm Barrack Obama in disguise.

—The claim that bin Laden family members were allowed to secretly fly out of the US and back to Saudi Arabia while a government-imposed ban on air travel was in effect, all without any intervention by the FBI, has since been negated by the National Commission on Terrorist Attacks Upon the United States (also known as the “9/11 Commission”).

I'm a creationist... I believe that man created God.
15-08-2017, 02:41 PM
(15-08-2017 09:53 AM)SYZ Wrote:  
(15-08-2017 09:26 AM)Birdguy1979 Wrote:  I know the government stops stories they don't want out there. On 9/11/01, we had Osama bin Laden's family on the ground at (I think it was Newark International) and George Bush signed off on allowing them to take off and head out of the country. It was covered by the news once or twice. Now you can't find any clips of it online anywhere. No retractions of it either. You are telling me the government didn't let them go and then cover it up? right, and I'm Barrack Obama in disguise.

—The claim that bin Laden family members were allowed to secretly fly out of the US and back to Saudi Arabia while a government-imposed ban on air travel was in effect, all without any intervention by the FBI, has since been negated by the National Commission on Terrorist Attacks Upon the United States (also known as the “9/11 Commission”).

Even if true, that doesn't change what was said on the news on that day about the bin laden family being allowed to leave and the fact that all traces of it are gone. Completely gone. Wiped out. This make the government look guilty as hell. They are not trustworthy. You can trust them to opt out of laws they don't like and to always cover their own asses, that's about it.
15-08-2017, 03:39 PM
All people have a propensity to be untrustworthy. The media and the government are both composed of people.

'Murican Canadian
[+] 1 user Likes yakherder's post
16-08-2017, 06:31 AM
(15-08-2017 03:39 PM)yakherder Wrote:  All people have a propensity to be untrustworthy. The media and the government are both composed of people.

You are correct, however SYZ was talking as if I should be treating all their words as gold. Studies on anything can be bent to the will of those paying for them. Such as, there was a time when the majority, if not all studies said that cigarettes were not harmful at all? The bin laden family didn't get to leave (at least as they say), because the powers that be don't want us to know anything else.
16-08-2017, 11:39 AM (This post was last modified: 16-08-2017 11:42 AM by SYZ.)
(15-08-2017 02:41 PM)Birdguy1979 Wrote:  Even if true, that doesn't change what was said on the news on that day about the bin laden family being allowed to leave and the fact that all traces of it are gone. Completely gone. Wiped out.

Uh... if all evidential traces of this event ever happening has been totally wiped out, then what purported (or apparently unknown) "evidence" supports what you're claiming?

Or are you claiming that a complete lack of evidence for an occurrence is somehow proof that it did happen? I don't understand your logic with this one.

Quote:This make the government look guilty as hell. They are not trustworthy. You can trust them to opt out of laws they don't like and to always cover their own asses, that's about it.

Sorry, but this is a typical conspiracy theorist's way of reasoning. If "the guvmint" says or does anything at all, in any capacity, or in any sphere of society, then it must necessarily be a big, fat lie intended to make us eternally obedient, moronic slaves, with the brainpower of gnats. Shades of 1984?

Quote:SYZ was talking as if I should be treating all their words as gold.

Nope. That comment was lifted from Snopes word for word. No input from me.

I'm a creationist... I believe that man created God.
[+] 3 users Like SYZ's post
16-08-2017, 12:04 PM
(16-08-2017 11:39 AM)SYZ Wrote:  
(15-08-2017 02:41 PM)Birdguy1979 Wrote:  Even if true, that doesn't change what was said on the news on that day about the bin laden family being allowed to leave and the fact that all traces of it are gone. Completely gone. Wiped out.

Uh... if all evidential traces of this event ever happening has been totally wiped out, then what purported (or apparently unknown) "evidence" supports what you're claiming?

Or are you claiming that a complete lack of evidence for an occurrence is somehow proof that it did happen? I don't understand your logic with this one.

Quote:This make the government look guilty as hell. They are not trustworthy. You can trust them to opt out of laws they don't like and to always cover their own asses, that's about it.

Sorry, but this is a typical conspiracy theorist's way of reasoning. If "the guvmint" says or does anything at all, in any capacity, or in any sphere of society, then it must necessarily be a big, fat lie intended to make us eternally obedient, moronic slaves, with the brainpower of gnats. Shades of 1984?

Quote:SYZ was talking as if I should be treating all their words as gold.

Nope. That comment was lifted from Snopes word for word. No input from me.

Evidence is easy to get rid of if it is in the name of "national security". Secondly, what evidence would there be? Bush according to the news on that day during the live coverage signed off on letting them take off. It is but a piece of paper, if not just a verbal ok. It happened at one airport during a time that nobody else was allowed to fly. Make everyone involved (which would not be many) sign a gag order as well as confiscate any local documentation and poof, you have no evidence. It is not that difficult.
16-08-2017, 02:37 PM
So you're saying no evidence is the evidence that it happened? Christ you're dumb.

We'll love you just the way you are
If you're perfect -- Alanis Morissette
(06-02-2014 03:47 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  And I'm giving myself a conclusion again from all the facepalming.
16-08-2017, 03:07 PM
(16-08-2017 02:37 PM)morondog Wrote:  So you're saying no evidence is the evidence that it happened? Christ you're dumb.

No, I am saying that the fact that it was said during the initial coverage (before the government had time to kill the story) and then in less than a day (a few hours) the entire story just went away (all traces of it), that is what makes it look like it happened. They have the ability to wipe out all traces of a story they don't want out there, but it does take a little time. That is what it looks like.
16-08-2017, 07:07 PM
(16-08-2017 03:07 PM)Birdguy1979 Wrote:  No, I am saying that the fact that it was said during the initial coverage (before the government had time to kill the story) and then in less than a day (a few hours) the entire story just went away (all traces of it), that is what makes it look like it happened. They have the ability to wipe out all traces of a story they don't want out there, but it does take a little time. That is what it looks like.

That's a whole bunch of assertion and dot connecting but not a lot of facts or evidence. You ever look at the initial coverage of just about any story? They frequently get facts wrong, especially something as sudden as a terrorist attack because they don't do very good fact checking.

The number of things that were reported on the first day of the Oklahoma City bombing is in the double digits. The number of bombers, the number of bombs, ethnicity of the bomber(s), details on the FBI response time. The list goes on. They reported multiple shooters at Sandyhook.

It's as simple as this, the media get stuff wrong. Frequently. That is a far far more likely explanation than a governmental conspiracy involving multiple people, multiple agencies, and no leaks.

It is held that valour is the chiefest virtue and most dignifies the haver.
[+] 2 users Like WhiskeyDebates's post